If I'm reading correctly seems like the uil is starting to panic. Anywhere from testing all the kids to getting with tapps to see about flip flopping the sports seasons. Other states are talking about flip flopping the sports programs to. Could somebody check this out, I saw some of it on the Dallas morning news website but I don't have a membership so I got bits and pieces of it. I don't want too mislead anyone. Thanks.

Guest Aledoalumni

The UIL is going to go off what the Governor says. They are going to wait as long as they can before they place guidelines. Literally any of us could do the same job. Sucks when you have a lack of leadership and unwillingness to be transparent with the coaches and fanbase. 

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

If I'm reading correctly seems like the uil is starting to panic. Anywhere from testing all the kids to getting with tapps to see about flip flopping the sports seasons. Other states are talking about flip flopping the sports programs to. Could somebody check this out, I saw some of it on the Dallas morning news website but I don't have a membership so I got bits and pieces of it. I don't want too mislead anyone. Thanks.

Guest ECBucFan

Someone just had an elderly parent die in a nursing home. The person was very old and very terminal, life was measured in days and hours rather than weeks or months. The elderly person calmly passes away. Weeks later, the son is going through the paperwork from the nursing home. Cause of death listed? ---> "COVID RELATED".

Son inquires about this with nursing home. Asks what diagonosis and when was it done leading to the COVID reason for death. Nursing home has no record of any diagnosis, nor any answer for son.  

The COVID numbers are highly manipulated, at least until post election. 

24 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Someone just had an elderly parent die in a nursing home. The person was very old and very terminal, life was measured in days and hours rather than weeks or months. The elderly person calmly passes away. Weeks later, the son is going through the paperwork from the nursing home. Cause of death listed? ---> "COVID RELATED".

Son inquires about this with nursing home. Asks what diagonosis and when was it done leading to the COVID reason for death. Nursing home has no record of any diagnosis, nor any answer for son.  

The COVID numbers are highly manipulated, at least until post election. 

Yep, And if some how Biden steals this election they’ll be COVID-19 deaths being raised from the dead. Not trying to make this thread political but every thing that happens in an election year is political. Bank on it. Especially this virus! 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:44 AM, WOSgrad said:

So there some states that are thinking about the flip flop ohio Illinois Indiana and the Michigan governor has already asking the mhsaa to really consider play football in the spring.  State of Tennessee is delaying there  high school football season but not that far. 

This podcast

This is the hidden content, please
 Speaks to how we respond to risk. Its pretty short.  24 minutes.

Two case studies:

Fukushima - An older couple was evacuated from the Fukashima reactor incident.  They weren't super close but within an evacuation zone.  The risks of radiation exposure were elevated within their zone but not incredibly high. They used the "better safe than sorry" card.  They relocated to Hong Kong, burned through their savings, too old to be competitive in the job market, too poor to just retire.  They were allowed to go back home for one day and night.  Once home, the wife refused to leave and the husband found her dead of a suicide the next morning.  This kind of story became common for people from that area.  The data suggests that the deaths from suicide, poverty, and stress were significantly higher than the deaths that could be attributed to any radiation exposure within the zone.  Actions taken to protect people were actually causing greater harm.

Hatfield Rail Crash - A broken rail caused a high speed train to crash, killing 4 people and injuring more than 70.  The response was to cut the speeds while inspecting all the rail.  This caused the train volume to fall by half.  Most of these people that left the rail owned cars.  People are 12 times more likely to die in an auto accident than a rail accident.  Those people are now at a greater risk than before but those deaths will never be attributed to the train crash.

There will be consequences to acting as well as NOT acting.  When factoring in the data about school closures and mortality rates, school closures are more harmful than helpful.

So, how do we respond? - With data and evidence.  We should judge policies based upon the evidence, not the intent.  I am emailing the contacts at the UIL and the State the following links and a request to incorporate evidence into the decision to open our schools as soon as possible.

Contact List - 

UIL Department of Policy and Administration

Executive Director: Dr. Charles Breithaupt
Department email: [email protected]
Department fax: 512-471-5908

Deputy Director: Dr. Jamey Harrison
Email: [email protected]

Chief of Staff: Kim Carmichael

Texas State Officials

This is long enough. 

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

This podcast

Speaks to how we respond to risk. Its pretty short.  24 minutes.

Two case studies:

Fukushima - An older couple was evacuated from the Fukashima reactor incident.  They weren't super close but within an evacuation zone.  The risks of radiation exposure were elevated within their zone but not incredibly high. They used the "better safe than sorry" card.  They relocated to Hong Kong, burned through their savings, too old to be competitive in the job market, too poor to just retire.  They were allowed to go back home for one day and night.  Once home, the wife refused to leave and the husband found her dead of a suicide the next morning.  This kind of story became common for people from that area.  The data suggests that the deaths from suicide, poverty, and stress were significantly higher than the deaths that could be attributed to any radiation exposure within the zone.  Actions taken to protect people were actually causing greater harm.

Hatfield Rail Crash - A broken rail caused a high speed train to crash, killing 4 people and injuring more than 70.  The response was to cut the speeds while inspecting all the rail.  This caused the train volume to fall by half.  Most of these people that left the rail owned cars.  People are 12 times more likely to die in an auto accident than a rail accident.  Those people are now at a greater risk than before but those deaths will never be attributed to the train crash.

There will be consequences to acting as well as NOT acting.  When factoring in the data about school closures and mortality rates, school closures are more harmful than helpful.

So, how do we respond? - With data and evidence.  We should judge policies based upon the evidence, not the intent.  I am emailing the contacts at the UIL and the State the following links and a request to incorporate evidence into the decision to open our schools as soon as possible.

Contact List - 

Texas State Officials

This is long enough. 

🙄

Guest ECBucFan
2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Contact List - 

Nice thought, but when has the UIL ever been responsive to anyone except its own agenda? 

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Nice thought, but when has the UIL ever been responsive to anyone except its own agenda? 

I have never emailed the UIL.  I have emailed state representatives, attorney general, senators.  I have always gotten a response.  It hasn't always been what I wanted to hear but I never felt like they weren't listening when I sent a reasonable question or concern.  Ted Poe was especially responsive to a phone call to his office.

I have always tried to bring data and raise concerns with possible solutions.  That is quite different than complaining.

Worth a shot.  If I hear something, I will share it here.  

10 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Link? 

The UIL has released revisions to the COVID-19 risk mitigation guidelines for summer strength & conditioning and marching band activities. 

For complete details please visit

16 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

The ivy has officially canceled sports for the fall, does anyone think they jump the gun or did they jump start the process for everyone else. 

I believe Morehouse started that process when they cancelled theirs in June. 

I would wait until August to make a decision, just my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I believe Morehouse started that process when they cancelled theirs in June. 

I would wait until August to make a decision, just my opinion. 

I know a high school in Massachusetts canceled a couple weeks back as well but they did that they were willing to let the seniors play elsewhere if they found a team