2020 SETXsports.com Team Previews - EAST CHAMBERS BUCCANEERS

logo.png

2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PREVIEWSWinnieEastChambers-2286236.png

EAST CHAMBERS BUCCANEERS

2019 Record: 10-2 Overall; 7-0 District

District 12-3A-I Champions

One of most consistent programs in Southeast Texas, the East Chambers Buccaneers, did not disappoint as Russ Sutherland's charges flew through district to capture yet another district title.  The Buccaneers seem primed to add some hardware to their trophy case as eight offensive starters and seven starting defenders return in 2020.

COACHING

Head Coach: Russ Sutherland

Assistant Coaches: Kirk Palmer (Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line), Chris Fontenot (Defensive Coordinator), Jackie Brown (Wide Receivers), Jason Broomas (Running Backs), Scott Penny (Offensive Line), Jared Mack (Wide Receivers), Justin Lezak (Running Backs), Grover Smith (Defensive Line), Tyler Chambless (Linebackers), Matt DeYoung (Defensive Backs), Toby Thrasher (Defensive Back), Ben West (Defensive Backs), Bryant Collier (Linebackers)

OFFENSE

Eight starters return to the East Chambers offense in 2020.  Returning to guide the Buccaneer offense will be the 12-3A-I Co-Newcomer of the Year, sophomore quarterback Jacoby Perrault (41-76, 664 yd, 7 TD).  The 12-3A-I Co-MVP, senior running back Earnest Ceasar (102 carries, 1141 yd, 17 TD) also returns.  Senior running back Brayden Guillory will also get carries with senior fullback Mason Schepf and junior fullback Cooper McKay will also see time in East Chambers' backfield.  Senior wide out Keyrin Green returns to lead a receiver squad which will include senior receiver Jonah Smith and junior receiver K.K. Morris.  The offensive line returns completely intact as the 12-3A-I Co-Lineman of Year, right tackle Payton Martin, comes back along with senior right guard Tristan Stewart (2nd team all-district), senior center Colin Broussard, senior left guard Brandon Silcox (2nd team all-district) and junior left tackle Hector Martinez.  Sophomore lineman Jordan Bradley will also see time along the line.

DEFENSE

Seven starters return to the East Chambers defense in 2020.  Junior lineman Slade Parnell (2nd team all-district) returns along with Martin to lead an defensive line which will also feature Stewart, junior lineman Trevor Moreno and sophomore Derek Gaines.  Schepf (2nd team all-district) and senior linebacker Devyn Trevino will lead a linebacker corp which will also feature McKay and junior Damien Moreno. Green (1st team all-district) and Guillory (2nd team all-district) return to their safety spots and will roam the Buccaneer secondary along with Ceasar, Morris and Perrault.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Sophomore Sebastian Melchor and freshman Leonardo Avila will vie for the place kicking duties for East Chambers while Melchor and sophomore Jesus Martinez will battle for the punting duties.  Ceasar and Guillory will handle the return duties for the Buccaneers.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 - Mexia (Lufkin), 7:00 pm

Sept. 4 - Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm

Sept. 11 - Hamshire-Fannett, 7:30 pm

Sept. 18 - at Lumberton, 7:30 pm

Sept. 25 - at Hardin, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - Anahuac, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 16 - at Buna, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 23 - Kirbyville, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 30 - at Woodville, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 6 - Tarkington, 7:30 pm*

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: Buccaneer Stadium

Address: Buccaneer Dr. and T Jones, Winnie, TX

Capacity: 3,500

Turf: Artificial

Helmet Image Courtesy of texasfootball.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Stadium Information Courtesy of TexasBob.com Texas Football Stadium Database:

18 hours ago, Chuckwagon said:

Hardin will give em a run for it this year! Gonna pound the rock and play some real D! Got our own studs in this special group. 

I'll give you this, you are extremely optimistic and persistent. 

Most of us think you're way off on that prediction...but you'll be in a great place to tell us "told you so" if it goes that way. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@WOSgrad is that Week-1 game right? I saw somewhere else that Mexia was playing Yoe. 

While I acknowledge that the various plans set out over the last week have shaken up some schedules (and I m getting in touch with area coaches about that),  both current schedules have East Chambers and Mexia playing each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1