Lhs 🐝

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Hard to touch what the hive had but MHS do have a state title to its resume.

Yes I know they have one and I don’t really mean matching the number of state titles but even a consistency of real high level play.  The last few years have been close but what about all those years in between.  As good as those Lincoln teams were you would think the talent “bloodline” would continue and then be Abe to add some from the other schools and keep rolling but it just doesn’t seem to work that way.

P A Lincoln was dominant in 4a but P A Memorial is in a era where they play more teams in the Houston area that have combined lots of schools to form lots of powerful teams and they are also in 5a Lincoln was great don’t get me wrong but they did not have to deal with schools combining like they do today I would have loved to see Houston Yates best teams during their solid incredible run vs P A Lincoln best teams that would be classic lots of talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Memorial has done a great job since it opened up. it also has been a small fish in a big pond, spending most of it's time playing in the now 6A where schools were often twice the size of the Titans. When PA had three school, the enrollments of their opponents were comparable. Lincoln was also blessed to have hall of fame level coaching and a few guys good enough to play basketball at the highest level.

Coach Coleman did an excellent job to get the Titans to the promised land. That was a great group of kids and coaches and the town should be proud. The program is solid and most towns would be envious of the success they continue to have.