57 members have voted

1. 1. Whatcha think?

• I'm not worried, we will play a full season
    • We will have a season but there will be some hiccups
    • Not sure yet, still 50/50
    • We will try to have a season but it will ultimately not work
    • There is no hope, go ahead and cancel the season now

Guest Aledoalumni

Posted this poll on several sites. Here is the combined vote totals. 

I'm not worried, we will play a full season- 8
We will have a season but there will be some hiccups- 65
Not sure yet, still 50/50- 45
We will try to have a season but it will ultimately not work- 59
There is no hope, go ahead and cancel the season now- 13

On 6/27/2020 at 12:11 AM, Hagar said:

No doubt it gets dramatized in the National Media.   But here’s an eye opening bit of info that helps put things in perspective.   Beaumont has had over 700 cases, and 25 deaths.   All but one death involved other health issues.   Anyone with diabetes, hbp, taking Chemo, etc. should stay as isolated as possible.  Any students with health problems should be taught online.   

As for school/football, imo no decision should be made until at least the end of July.   This situation is currently very fluid.   Things are changing from one week to the next.  Even after a decision, things could change again.   Crazy 

The ivy is giving spring football a shot their playing conference games only 

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I saw the option was brought up but nothing is finalized. Nothing will be finalized IMO until we see a decline in cases. 

Michigan ohio and Illinois states are thinking about it for the high schools to do it in the spring. Michigan governor is really in board with it shes already asking the mhsaa to consider it. This is not a bad idea, better than sitting here waiting til the last minute.

5 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Michigan ohio and Illinois states are thinking about it for the high schools to do it in the spring. Michigan governor is really in board with it shes already asking the mhsaa to consider it. This is not a bad idea, better than sitting here waiting til the last minute.

This is the state of Texas. I don't need to say anything more. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

I can’t see schools opening anytime soon. We’re talking about 1500 to 2500 kids per high school how can anyone self distance properly in a classroom with 30+ individuals. IMO open school late real late no earlier than after Halloween late. Schools in this area was force to play multiple games a week after Harvey it can be done again. I rather a late start with little to no hiccups. Than to start  in August and have to shut it down due to cases.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:17 PM, Hagar said:

Dr. Fauci is saying we need to open schools.   That ups the odds on there being a football season.  I’m definitely more optimistic.

This is the hidden content, please

I've got more sources.  A lot of sources.

The difficult part is finding strong leaders that can stand up to people that push policies formed around emotional factors and start driving policies based on evidence and data.

My guess is a late start but I am pushing in the ways that I can for as normal opening as possible.

Confirmed cases about 2,900,000.  If, as a Stanford study suggest, 52% more have had it but were asymptomatic, that’s still only about 4,500,000, out of 300,000,000.   Bottom line, if we wait for no risk to resume life as we’ve know it, we’ve got a long, long, wait.   Jmo

PS;  glad the calls not mine.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yes they  did I'm not making this up now some did shutdown down because of the spike and some had positive players and coaches, but and the end of the day they shutdown because of the covid.

You said they had to shut down. No they didn’t. Many of them “chose” to shut down as a responsible reaction to the spike, not because they had positive cases. I know it’s semantics, but had to and chose to change the entire post. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You said they had to shut down. No they didn’t. Many of them “chose” to shut down as a responsible reaction to the spike, not because they had positive cases. I know it’s semantics, but had to and chose to change the entire post. 

Ethier way nobody is practicing and time is being lost, so u can look at it anyway you want nothing is shaking. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Maybe so. Just thought you should tell the truth. When you say nobody is practicing, do you mean high school?

I did tell the truth I never said all 215 schools had positive test I said they shutdown because of covid which is the truth. The nfl has advised individual workouts and I don't know of any colleges that are working out. But the south Carolina governor is on the verge of canceling college and high school football in his state if the numbers keep raising but I think he she considered spring football before doing that. Folks I'm 99.9 percent sure as are some of you out it's not going to be a full season for any level if the wanna play in the fall. 5 to 7 games not counting the playoffs will be the max. Now I speaking on high school football I don't know about the other 2 levels but pretty sure they wont have a full schedule Ethier. I feel bad for the players and parents of those players. But now it's about not getting sued and making fans sign waivers because it going be some blaming the schools nfl etc if they get sick or the kids get sick all of that is coming in to play now since the numbers keep raising. So the high school sports association nfl and the NCAA are going to take their time and cover there butts. If a person can sue their on moma for slamming their  hand in her door and win people will fine ways to get money out of this.

16 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I did tell the truth I never said all 215 schools had positive test I said they shutdown because of covid which is the truth. The nfl has advised individual workouts and I don't know of any colleges that are working out. But the south Carolina governor is on the verge of canceling college and high school football in his state if the numbers keep raising but I think he she considered spring football before doing that. Folks I'm 99.9 percent sure as are some of you out it's not going to be a full season for any level if the wanna play in the fall. 5 to 7 games not counting the playoffs will be the max. Now I speaking on high school football I don't know about the other 2 levels but pretty sure they wont have a full schedule Ethier. I feel bad for the players and parents of those players. But now it's about not getting sued and making fans sign waivers because it going be some blaming the schools nfl etc if they get sick or the kids get sick all of that is coming in to play now since the numbers keep raising. So the high school sports association nfl and the NCAA are going to take their time and cover there butts. If a person can sue their on moma for slamming their  hand in her door and win people will fine ways to get money out of this.

Wife and i were actually discussing lawsuits taking place if HS football were to take place. There is ALWAYS a loop hole and someone will find a way to make $$  if Lil Joey catches this virus. So sick and tired of the NEW NORM! Masks, clean this, dont touch your face, dont flush the toilets in public cuz the spray can get on you, sanitize your hands, dont cough, sneeze or fart cuz you might infect someone. One day masks are good, one day they aint. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH top of my lungs!