1. 1. Whatcha think?

• I'm not worried, we will play a full season
    • We will have a season but there will be some hiccups
    • Not sure yet, still 50/50
    • We will try to have a season but it will ultimately not work
    • There is no hope, go ahead and cancel the season now

Guest Aledoalumni
29 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

I so wanna say FULL SEASON AND LETS MOVE ON with Friday night lights...........but heard this on CNN today.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

The problem I have with the news in general and this article in particular is the sensationalism. They mention the word "apocalyptic" several times without really explaining what they mean. We know the fatality rate is not high compared to the number infected but yet apocalyptic gets thrown around. Gtfoh with all that (not you falcon the news lol).  

19 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

The problem I have with the news in general and this article in particular is the sensationalism. They mention the word "apocalyptic" several times without really explaining what they mean. We know the fatality rate is not high compared to the number infected but yet apocalyptic gets thrown around. Gtfoh with all that (not you falcon the news lol).  

I feel ya. Wish I could turn off the dam news!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

I feel ya. Wish I could turn off the dam news!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the pace tx is going we will be at 10,000 new cases by the weekend and the nfl has already canceled the hall of fame game. Cancel all non district games and start there bands cheerleaders drill will be only allowed at home games. This might be the only shot. 

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Fake Virus will not stop football season. They are finished with the economic standoff so we should be watching some friday night fooseball 

Well a high school in Massachusetts sees in differently they already canceled the season and largely decided be the parents I understand that people care about their kids more than sports. And fake or not the deaths are real. So like I is no unnecessary games. Start late mabe the numbers will die  number dowm and play the district games. 

7 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Start late maybe the numbers will die  number dowm and play the district games. 

More and more,  I agree that a late start will be the option.  The UIL does not want to lose it's cash cow, which is the State Championships at AT&T so I don't know that will be considered as an option.  

But the first week of the regular starting on August 28th, I just can't see it.  We sit here on June 26th, and today the Texas Department of Health reported 5,707 new cases of COVID-19 and that the number of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 is at 5,102. Hopefully, the rollbacks which began today will stem the tide of positives and (more importantly hospitalizations).  However, even if wildly successful, the effect of that will probably not be seen for close to a month.  That puts us right around August 3rd.  August 3rd, for folks who don't know, is the scheduled date for preseason football training camp to begin for UIL schools (yeah, two a days).  I don't know that the UIL will be comfortable with starting team activities right around the time that the tide is "slated" to be stemmed.

Yes, the death rate is indeed dropping. It was about 2.7% when the reopening began and sits at just under 1.7% now.  But agree or disagree, right or wrong, the positives are what is driving the current policy and I don't know that policy is going to allow the football season to start on time.

Yet, I will prepare for it to.  I hereby certify that all of the schedules that I have posted and all of the previews (which still will go off as scheduled) that I will post have been duly sanitized and I promise that I exercised social distancing during the typing of them and washed my hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

More and more,  I agree that a late start will be the option.  The UIL does not want to lose it's cash cow, which is the State Championships at AT&T so I don't know that will be considered as an option.  

But the first week of the regular starting on August 28th, I just can't see it.  We sit here on June 26th, and today the Texas Department of Health reported 5,707 new cases of COVID-19 and that the number of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 is at 5,102. Hopefully, the rollbacks which began today will stem the tide of positives and (more importantly hospitalizations).  However, even if wildly successful, the effect of that will probably not be seen for close to a month.  That puts us right around August 1st.  August 1st, for folks who don't know, is the scheduled date for preseason football training camp to begin for UIL schools (yeah, two a days).  I don't know that the UIL will be comfortable with starting team activities right around the time that the tide is "slated" to be stemmed.

Yes, the death rate is indeed dropping. It was about 2.7% when the reopening began and sits at just under 1.7% now.  But agree or disagree, right or wrong, the positives are what is driving the current policy and I don't know that policy is going to allow the football season to start on time.

Yet, I will prepare for it to.  I hereby certify that all of the schedules that I have posted and all of the previews (which still will go off as scheduled) that I will post have been duly sanitized and I promise that I exercised social distancing during the typing of them and washed my hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.

Hey my friend I don't how far they mean, but as of right now colleges and nfl stadiums are 90% sure that they don't want any outside events other than their own. So like I said I don't know how long the are talk but from my understanding some high school football games that were slated for Baylor university and the two stadium in Dallas  early  on are about to be relocated. Thats even if there is a season.

7 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Hey my friend I don't how far they mean, but as of right now colleges and nfl stadiums are 90% sure that they don't want any outside events other than their own. So like I said I don't know how long the are talk but from my understanding some high school football games that were slated for Baylor university and the two stadium in Dallas  early  on are about to be relocated. Thats even if there is a season.

Well, remember with the championship games, we are talking late December at the earliest.....with a growing possibility of January or even February.  If the pandemic at that time is still to point that these stadiums hold that same policy, the likelihood will be that it is a moot point.

Just one thing to also consider, Jerry Jones never met a spotlight that he didn't like.

District games only, district champion makes playoffs. That eliminates 2 rounds. Most people been complaining about watered down playoffs anyway. So don't let a good crisis go to waste. Let's try to get it in the books before flu season. I'd rather an asstrick next to championship banner, than not crown a champion at all. It was a shame what happened to BC baseball this past season.

A couple of weeks ago I thought we would get to play this year.  Today I don’t think it will happen, period. Two-a-days ate supposed to start in a month and I expect that today’s restrictions will be cranked down even further in the next week or so if this rate of infection keeps climbing.... and my guess is that IF we all get serious about social distancing and staying home today, we’re still close to two weeks away from today’s actions yielding results. 

I would be surprised if school does starts back up in two months if this thing doesn’t dramatically slow back down. 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:30 AM, Aledoalumni said:

No doubt it gets dramatized in the National Media.   But here’s an eye opening bit of info that helps put things in perspective.   Beaumont has had over 700 cases, and 25 deaths.   All but one death involved other health issues.   Anyone with diabetes, hbp, taking Chemo, etc. should stay as isolated as possible.  Any students with health problems should be taught online.   

As for school/football, imo no decision should be made until at least the end of July.   This situation is currently very fluid.   Things are changing from one week to the next.  Even after a decision, things could change again.   Crazy times.

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

No doubt it gets dramatized in the National Media.   But here’s an eye opening bit of info that helps put things in perspective.   Beaumont has had over 700 cases, and 25 deaths.   All but one death involved other health issues.   Anyone with diabetes, hbp, taking Chemo, etc. should stay as isolated as possible.  Any students with health problems should be taught online.   

As for school/football, imo no decision should be made until at least the end of July.   This situation is currently very fluid.   Things are changing from one week to the next.  Even after a decision, things could change again.   Crazy times.

I glad ur not a safety person. 

1 minute ago, Aledoalumni said:

I think it is a good sign that WOS did not shut down but instead they just isolated people but will continue workouts. 

I agree.  If we are going forward with this, this is how we are going to have to proceed.

Imo, the decision will depend on the decision to open schools.  If schools are open, there will be football, if not, no football.   Young healthy people are rarely affected by Covid (asymtomatic).   And I’m sure online teaching helps, but are the kids learning as much as they would in the classroom?  Perhaps some of our members who are teachers can weigh in on this.   If online isn’t as good, do we send thousands of young people forward with less than adequate education?

Understand, I’m noy saying “full speed ahead”, merely bringing up questions and a smattering of facts.   Those making the decision will have all the information available.  

One other thing is attendance.   I think the folks in the stands would be in much more danger than the players.  Maybe limit it to family of players at small schools.  Bigger schools families first, then reserve seating spaced out for the lucky few.  It isn’t good, but it’d be better than nothing.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Imo, the decision will depend on the decision to open schools.  If schools are open, there will be football, if not, no football.   Young healthy people are rarely affected by Covid (asymtomatic).   And I’m sure online teaching helps, but are the kids learning as much as they would in the classroom?  Perhaps some of our members who are teachers can weigh in on this.   If online isn’t as good, do we send thousands of young people forward with less than adequate education?

Understand, I’m noy saying “full speed ahead”, merely bringing up questions and a smattering of facts.   Those making the decision will have all the information available.  

One other thing is attendance.   I think the folks in the stands would be in much more danger than the players.  Maybe limit it to family of players at small schools.  Bigger schools families first, then reserve seating spaced out for the lucky few.  It isn’t good, but it’d be better than nothing.

@BMTSoulja1  @Yeoj in bold. Good point. 

I can’t see schools opening anytime soon. We’re talking about 1500 to 2500 kids per high school how can anyone self distance properly in a classroom with 30+ individuals. IMO open school late real late no earlier than after Halloween late. Schools in this area was force to play multiple games a week after Harvey it can be done again. I rather a late start with little to no hiccups. Than to start  in August and have to shut it down due to cases.