We don't have a racial problem...

Guest ECBucFan

9 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I have personally witnessed a group of drunk white teenagers get to “drive home” after my white friend called the cops on them because he was upset about them yelling racial slurs through a megaphone at a Taco Bell drive through. He called the cops, we ordered food, posted in a parking lot near the Taco Bell and watched the officer pull them over, help them clear their vehicle of beer cans and then we watched the officer let them drive off. Real life 

Are you arguing that Atlanta is OK because of this incident? 

Both are wrong, no one should drink and drive period. I have no tolerance for it. 

Two wrongs do not make a right. 

2 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Are you arguing that Atlanta is OK because of this incident? 

Both are wrong, no one should drink and drive period. I have no tolerance for it. 

Two wrongs do not make a right. 

I never said drunk driving was cool. I never said the cops were legally wrong for attempting to arrest him. I definitely never said they were wrong for shooting him after he resisted, took a taser and tried to run. I said the situation could have probably been avoided with a little more understanding. You think the cops should just go strictly by the guidelines and “do their jobs”. Get the drunk sleeper from under the wheel and throw him in the jail. You also alluded that drunk drivers never get to go home. I shared a personal experience I know of that proves to me that’s not true 

16 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I never said drunk driving was cool. I never said the cops were legally wrong for attempting to arrest him. I definitely never said they were wrong for shooting him after he resisted, took a taser and tried to run. I said the situation could have probably been avoided with a little more understanding. You think the cops should just go strictly by the guidelines and “do their jobs”. Get the drunk sleeper from under the wheel and throw him in the jail. You also alluded that drunk drivers never get to go home. I shared a personal experience I know of that proves to me that’s not true 

Actions should have consequences.

Drunk driving should be punished heavily. 

That's my argument. 

Your argument is "the police should have let him go because he wanted to walk home".

Your argument alludes that drunk driving is OK. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Why didn’t you turn the cops in?

Too much work. Didn’t think it was worth it at the time. I actually thought the whole situation was funny. A little shocking but mostly funny. I was a young adult and I knew that racism was real to some extent but that type of racism from the teenagers was funny to me and didn’t bother me much. But the way the police officer responded was shocking. I was just beginning to see how real systemic racism was at that point 

2 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Actions should have consequences.

Drunk driving should be punished heavily. 

That's my argument. 

Your argument is "the police should have let him go because he wanted to walk home".

Your argument alludes that drunk driving is OK. 

Ok your correct, Mr Tough on Crime, sir 

11 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Too much work. Didn’t think it was worth it at the time. I actually thought the whole situation was funny. A little shocking but mostly funny. I was a young adult and I knew that racism was real to some extent but that type of racism from the teenagers was funny to me and didn’t bother me much. But the way the police officer responded was shocking. I was just beginning to see how real systemic racism was at that point 

I can only say that by allowing that to happen, you are a part of the “so-called” systemic racism. 

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Damned if I do. Damned if I don’t. Go look at some of you guys comments about the protesters 

Here's a feel-good story.   In early June of this year, video surfaced from February of 2020 in which a 14 year old boy was restrained by kneeling on him like George Floyd.  By the time the pandemonium ended, it turned out that the 14 year old was actually 17.

This is the hidden content, please

There was a ruckus at the mall and when police arrived, they were directed towards a particular girl.  This young man began actively interfering in the arrest/investigation, so he ended up on the ground with the knee on his shoulder.  The officers realized while questioning the teen that the girl from earlier was actually his sister.  The officers decided to let the kid go.  I'm really glad that this kid didn't get a felony resisting charge or whatever.  That's the kind of impulsive behavior that would have limited this kid's potential.  Most cops understand what kind of damage is done to a young person by a criminal arrest/conviction, and they really, really don't want to jam kids up.

2 hours ago, Setx fan said:

That was one instance and the cop was handled correctly as he should be. Blacks are murdered by police all the time and it seems to be picking up as of late. The Floyd situation was just the last straw after several murders on video. Several where the killer wasn’t convicted properly 

Has it ever occurred to you that the videos we “get” to see are hand picked and always white on black. Are these the only injustices caught on tape? I never saw the Justine Damond or Kate Steinle videos.

33 minutes ago, baddog said:

Has it ever occurred to you that the videos we “get” to see are hand picked and always white on black. Are these the only injustices caught on tape? I never saw the Justine Damond or Kate Steinle videos.

You would’ve never saw the Aubury video had it not been leaked and the killers would have never been arrested had we not ALL seen his video. Smh I never had a doubt Justine’s killer would be convicted. 

44 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You would’ve never saw the Aubury video had it not been leaked and the killers would have never been arrested had we not ALL seen his video. Smh I never had a doubt Justine’s killer would be convicted. 

The funny part about that is that the shooters were the ones that released it, hoping to prove their innocence, lol.  They said that people were claiming that a truck full of rednecks with rebel flags just rolled up and shot him down like a dog, and they wanted to set the record straight. 

As far as the guy's slur while Ahmaud lay dying, I think anybody that still uses that word is a racist POS.  Whether they're white or black.  If you're still using it in 2020, in the "a" or "er" form, you're perpetuating racism.  Period.  If you think that the word's offensiveness can be judged by the color of the speaker's skin..... You're a racist, too. 

*edit* "You", not meaning you particularly Setx fan, but in second person tense. 

42 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The funny part about that is that the shooters were the ones that released it, hoping to prove their innocence, lol.  They said that people were claiming that a truck full of rednecks with rebel flags just rolled up and shot him down like a dog, and they wanted to set the record straight. 

As far as the guy's slur while Ahmaud lay dying, I think anybody that still uses that word is a racist POS.  Whether they're white or black.  If you're still using it in 2020, in the "a" or "er" form, you're perpetuating racism.  Period.  If you think that the word's offensiveness can be judged by the color of the speaker's skin..... You're a racist, too. 

*edit* "You", not meaning you particularly Setx fan, but in second person tense. 

The video was in a private chat room or something of that sort. It got around to the Wong person. Why would they need to prove their innocence when they were never charged? They killed the guy, waited for the law and told their story. The law believed their story never really investigated or anything. Just let them go free and go back to living their lives. If they could’ve kept their mouths closed instead of bragging and showing the video to their friends the world would never know. As far as the N word I won’t go their with you. I don’t know why you would even bring up all the extra. 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

The video was in a private chat room or something of that sort. It got around to the Wong person. Why would they need to prove their innocence when they were never charged? They killed the guy, waited for the law and told their story. The law believed their story never really investigated or anything. Just let them go free and go back to living their lives. If they could’ve kept their mouths closed instead of bragging and showing the video to their friends the world would never know. As far as the N word I won’t go their with you. I don’t know why you would even bring up all the extra. 

Ummmm.....You brought it up when you said

“The guy who recorded later stated that the shooter uttered “f*****g n****r” after shooting the victim. That proves the killing was racially motivated although they don’t have a hate crime law in Georgia.“

I believe that anybody who uses that slur is a racist and should be charged with a hate crime if they utter it in the commission of a violent crime. If two black dudes are fighting and one says “what up, my n____?!!!!” He should be federally charged with a hate crime. I’ll go further. If the victim and suspect are of different races.... HATE CRIME. Period. Except in reality, statistics show that blacks commit more violent crimes against whites, so suddenly hate crimes laws would be racist because more blacks would go to jail for them. I’m not even kidding. 

It wasn’t some chat room video that got posted a local attorney that the shooter(s) had consulted released the clip with the shooter(s) permission. 

51 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ummmm.....You brought it up when you said

“The guy who recorded later stated that the shooter uttered “f*****g n****r” after shooting the victim. That proves the killing was racially motivated although they don’t have a hate crime law in Georgia.“

I believe that anybody who uses that slur is a racist and should be charged with a hate crime if they utter it in the commission of a violent crime. If two black dudes are fighting and one says “what up, my n____?!!!!” He should be federally charged with a hate crime. I’ll go further. If the victim and suspect are of different races.... HATE CRIME. Period. Except in reality, statistics show that blacks commit more violent crimes against whites, so suddenly hate crimes laws would be racist because more blacks would go to jail for them. I’m not even kidding. 

It wasn’t some chat room video that got posted a local attorney that the shooter(s) had consulted released the clip with the shooter(s) permission. 

I believe you. Hope your not writing any legislatures. 

This is why I think we’re going to have to settle our differences with violence. It’s getting to the point where we just aren’t going to be able to exist together. 

For weeks and weeks we’ve seen vandalism of monuments. We’ve seen private property covered in graffiti by “peaceful protestors.” We’ve seen innocent people beaten by mobs. Stores have been looted all across America.  Minneapolis is asking for $55 million federal dollars to repair damage caused by rioting in that city alone. 

Somebody painted over a “black lives matter” sign on the roadway and they’re now charged with a hate crime. 

White people and conservatives need to decide if they want to fight or sew a yellow star their shirts. There’s not much else that can be done, I’m afraid. 

This is why I think we’re going to have to settle our differences with violence. It’s getting to the point where we just aren’t going to be able to exist together. 

You say violence, I say peace, brother.

Somebody painted over a “black lives matter” sign on the roadway and they’re now charged with a hate crime. 

Hate crime is extreme. They choose to act and must suffer the ridiculous laws in that Democratic state.

White people and conservatives need to decide if they want to fight or sew a yellow star their shirts. There’s not much else that can be done, I’m afraid. 

What's your decision?