We don't have a racial problem...

Guest ECBucFan

33 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Preach brother preach.  Black militia marching in the streets of Georgia with guns slung over their shoulder, let the white man try that.  Blacks would be screaming to the tops of their lungs about it.  One even went to a car and asked a white man about reparations.  What does anybody owe this idiot?  

'White" militias walk around bearing arms all the time.  A few years ago a well armed group walked around in 3rd ward in Houston looking to start a fight with the BLM group.  I guess blm has a headquarters over there somewhere.  The black panthers showed up at the state building in Sacramento, Ca.  That was mostly a photo op.   Just gave gay FBI director Hoover a reason to hunt them down like dogs and kill them. I just found out that the guy who supplied guns to the panthers was an informant.  So the authorities armed the panthers then turned around and labeled them as dangerous, so they could shoot them.

Farrakhan: if folks on this msg board hate him that tells me to listen to him from time to time.  I am strictly 7th day adventist christian.  I didn't like the way they treated Malcolm X.

HBCUs.  Prairie View U is doing good things.  More than just blacks are benefiting from that college.  I have younger friends who have degrees from Prairie View that are living the American dreams, with jobs, and nice homes in places like Cypress, Tx.  It is not all bad.   My mom was a PV alum. and a teacher.  What modicum of intelligence and literacy I have I owe to the good Lord, to my mom, and indirectly the HBCU PV.

One of the best HBCUs is Oakwood U in Huntsville, AL.  It is a predominantly black, 7th day adventist private HBCU.  It sits on 100 acres inside of Huntsville, Al.  Some of the best preachers and teachers to grace this planet have come from Oakwood.  Not to mention doctors, lawyers, nurses, engineers, etc.  They don't play organized sports, which are a waste of time & money.  They do not have any of this clown show marching bands either.  

Also J Edgar Hoover was black.  So was Prez Eisenhower, for what that is worth.

23 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

'White" militias walk around bearing arms all the time.  A few years ago a well armed group walked around in 3rd ward in Houston looking to start a fight with the BLM group.  I guess blm has a headquarters over there somewhere.  The black panthers showed up at the state building in Sacramento, Ca.  That was mostly a photo op.   Just gave gay FBI director Hoover a reason to hunt them down like dogs and kill them. I just found out that the guy who supplied guns to the panthers was an informant.  So the authorities armed the panthers then turned around and labeled them as dangerous, so they could shoot them.

Farrakhan: if folks on this msg board hate him that tells me to listen to him from time to time.  I am strictly 7th day adventist christian.  I didn't like the way they treated Malcolm X.

HBCUs.  Prairie View U is doing good things.  More than just blacks are benefiting from that college.  I have younger friends who have degrees from Prairie View that are living the American dreams, with jobs, and nice homes in places like Cypress, Tx.  It is not all bad.   My mom was a PV alum. and a teacher.  What modicum of intelligence and literacy I have I owe to the good Lord, to my mom, and indirectly the HBCU PV.

One of the best HBCUs is Oakwood U in Huntsville, AL.  It is a predominantly black, 7th day adventist private HBCU.  It sits on 100 acres inside of Huntsville, Al.  Some of the best preachers and teachers to grace this planet have come from Oakwood.  Not to mention doctors, lawyers, nurses, engineers, etc.  They don't play organized sports, which are a waste of time & money.  They do not have any of this clown show marching bands either.  

Check him out...great guy.  

The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man.

White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet.

Qaddafi is hated because he is the leader of a small country that is rich, but he uses his money to finance liberation struggles.

Louis Farrakhan

52 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Be careful, this could qualify you as a bigot

I would say 1/2 of 1 percent of what the NOI says, and they say a lot, resonates with me.  A lot of the controversial stuff attributed to Farrakhan I would not know about if I didn't hang around this forum from time to time.   My thinking is if the good peeps from Lumberton & Sour Lake detest this person, then there has to be something he is saying that I might like.

21 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I would say 1/2 of 1 percent of what the NOI says, and they say a lot, resonates with me.  A lot of the controversial stuff attributed to Farrakhan I would not know about if I didn't hang around this forum from time to time.   My thinking is if the good peeps from Lumberton & Sour Lake detest this person, then there has to be something he is saying that I might like.

I'm sure there are lot of things that he says that you would like based on your posts.

Unlike you, my opinion on Farrakhan is based on the words that come out of his mouth and not what someone else thinks about him...lol.

That's a great research system you have there, glad to know I have so much sway in it.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

1. I’m not sure how much “systemic racism” had to do with Ahmaud Arbery’s killing. It’s a hotly debated issue and  not everyone was happy that they were arrested and not everyone will be happy if they are acquitted. Some people watch that fight and see murder and others see “self defense.” Just because people don’t agree with your opinion on the subject doesn’t equal “racism.” I’m not convinced that the old man’s LEO background didn’t have a lot to do with their lack of arrest. Some people would also point out that the arrest wasn’t made until the fourth DA (first black one, btw) was appointed. 

2. HBCUs.... I think we both agree that their origination was needed because of blatant racism in regards to college admissions, particularly in the South. HOWEVER, if the institution requires lower (if any) admissions standards, has educators that are hired for their skin color instead of their abilities, has historically bad graduation rates, and creates graduates that are indoctrinated with ideas that make them a bad fit for just about any business.... it becomes a second class institution that exists in a state of segregation simply because it’s “ours”... you still blame racism. 
Literally .... those are black peoples’ institutions. They did exactly what they wanted with them. The fact that they are now a joke isn’t the fault of the people who ran them into the ground, it’s Whitey.  

Is it racism when the black DA in Atlanta charges police officers with a deadly conduct charge for using a taser on black protestors, then charges police officers with murder two weeks later, saying that the police were not in danger when being shot with tasers?

Is it racism when a devoted follower of Louis Farrakhan who is also the Attorney General of Minnesota charges every cop on the scene with murder (or accessory to murder) when two of them are on their fourth day on the job. Trainees? I’m not surprised. That’s what a racist would do. 
And your response would be something about a rabbit having a gun. So don’t bother.  

1. Aubury’s case was clearly a murder. Nothing was stolen from that house. The 2 killers were not officers at the time of the killing. They had no real reason to try and arrest him because they had no proof of their suspicions. They chased him all around the neighborhood before the portion of the video that was leaked. He changed directions several times trying to escape them. If not before then I’m pretty sure by that time he has a right to “stand his ground”. That “attack” perceived by people like you who want to see it that way was last minute survival instincts after being chased around the block and not being able to escape. The guy who recorded later stated that the shooter uttered “f*****g n****r” after shooting the victim. That proves the killing was racially motivated although they don’t have a hate crime law in Georgia. But that’s not what makes it “systemic racism”. Systemic racism is the fact that they would have never even been arrested and tried if the video had not been leaked 2 months later. This is the one time this type of thing came to the light. It has happened on other occasions and was never uncovered,

2. You just stated all lies about HBCUs. They have the same standards of other schools. They hire teachers of all races. Students are well equipped for whatever field they want to go into. Their considered second class institutions because blacks are considered second class human beings. It’s always been that way in America. At one point we were considered 2/3 of a human. Not sure that way of thinking is completely gone

16 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

1. Aubury’s case was clearly a murder. Nothing was stolen from that house. The 2 killers were not officers at the time of the killing. They had no real reason to try and arrest him because they had no proof of their suspicions. They chased him all around the neighborhood before the portion of the video that was leaked. He changed directions several times trying to escape them. If not before then I’m pretty sure by that time he has a right to “stand his ground”. That “attack” perceived by people like you who want to see it that way was last minute survival instincts after being chased around the block and not being able to escape. The guy who recorded later stated that the shooter uttered “f*****g n****r” after shooting the victim. That proves the killing was racially motivated although they don’t have a hate crime law in Georgia. But that’s not what makes it “systemic racism”. Systemic racism is the fact that they would have never even been arrested and tried if the video had not been leaked 2 months later. This is the one time this type of thing came to the light. It has happened on other occasions and was never uncovered,

2. You just stated all lies about HBCUs. They have the same standards of other schools. They hire teachers of all races. Students are well equipped for whatever field they want to go into. Their considered second class institutions because blacks are considered second class human beings. It’s always been that way in America. At one point we were considered 2/3 of a human. Not sure that way of thinking is completely gone

1.  Lol.  If you think that the system is racist towards blacks when I just gave you three instances of what appears to be misconduct by black prosecutors in all three current racially-based cases...... you need some reality, my friend.  Which I'm pretty sure you're going to get when those cases go to trial.  But of course, you won't care about the fact that the actions didn't warrant the charges... You'll burn stuff down and yell "racism."

2.  If you choose to attend a college in 2020 which is purely populated by blacks, embrace that "40 acres and a mule" mentality that is considered gospel in those institutions, then find out that nobody wants to hire you, it's not racism.  

HBCUs have an average 35% graduation rate...some were less than 20%, and the very best (Howard) is marginal at 65% graduation rate.  The national average among ALL colleges (including HBCUs) is 60%.  And HBCUs are dragging that number down. 

This is the hidden content, please

But you're over here re-arguing Plessy v. Ferguson and trying to convince us that "Separate but Equal" is actually possible.  The people that fought for rights for you would be ashamed of what you're arguing. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

1.  Lol.  If you think that the system is racist towards blacks when I just gave you three instances of what appears to be misconduct by black prosecutors in all three current racially-based cases...... you need some reality, my friend.  Which I'm pretty sure you're going to get when those cases go to trial.  But of course, you won't care about the fact that the actions didn't warrant the charges... You'll burn stuff down and yell "racism."

2.  If you choose to attend a college in 2020 which is purely populated by blacks, embrace that "40 acres and a mule" mentality that is considered gospel in those institutions, then find out that nobody wants to hire you, it's not racism.  

HBCUs have an average 35% graduation rate...some were less than 20%, and the very best (Howard) is marginal at 65% graduation rate.  The national average among ALL colleges (including HBCUs) is 60%.  And HBCUs are dragging that number down. 

But you're over here re-arguing Plessy v. Ferguson and trying to convince us that "Separate but Equal" is actually possible.  The people that fought for rights for you would be ashamed of what you're arguing. 

1. The 3 instances you mentioned have been handled correctly so far and will go to trial. Were the teenage protesters being violent or vandalizing? The video I saw they were actually i their car. I didn’t even know they were protesting. The 2 policeman who killed the guy fleeing from them legally had the right I believe. They weren’t really in danger at the point of the shooting but they couldn’t just let him get away. He put his own life in danger with his actions. Now did they really have to try and arrest a guy for being sleep in a parking lot under the influence? I don’t think so being that he offered to walk home. But in the end they decided to arrest, he resisted, he got shot. I think the charges will be dropped after trial. As far as the 4 policemen in Minnesota, trainees or not, they took the job. Don’t take much training to know not to sit there and watch a guy murder a guy in handcuffs. They’ve obviously been trained wrong. If that’s the case they can plead their case in court. I’m all for it. Bring light to the whole crooked system 

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

2. Graduate percentage has nothing to do with an actual graduates degree being looked upon as lesser 

11 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Yes. Yes they do have to arrest him. No one needs to be driving around drunk. 

I've had 3 relatives killed by drunk drivers. 

If he is the only one in the car and is still under the influence, then he can be charged with dui. 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

1. The 3 instances you mentioned have been handled correctly so far and will go to trial. Were the teenage protesters being violent or vandalizing? The video I saw they were actually i their car. I didn’t even know they were protesting. The 2 policeman who killed the guy fleeing from them legally had the right I believe. They weren’t really in danger at the point of the shooting but they couldn’t just let him get away. He put his own life in danger with his actions. Now did they really have to try and arrest a guy for being sleep in a parking lot under the influence? I don’t think so being that he offered to walk home. But in the end they decided to arrest, he resisted, he got shot. I think the charges will be dropped after trial. As far as the 4 policemen in Minnesota, trainees or not, they took the job. Don’t take much training to know not to sit there and watch a guy murder a guy in handcuffs. They’ve obviously been trained wrong. If that’s the case they can plead their case in court. I’m all for it. Bring light to the whole crooked system 

Does anyone remember Justine Damond? She was an Australian white woman murder by a black cop from this same police department. He was convicted of her murder. This is justice for her murder, so I don’t understand what other justice people are seeking. Did white people revolt and burn stuff to the ground? No, we let the courts handle the “bad” cops. 
The only one I wish white people would have taken to the streets in protest was the skate Steinle case. That pos got off scott free. Talk about injustice. 

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

Does anyone remember Justine Damond? She was an Australian white woman murder by a black cop from this same police department. He was convicted of her murder. This is justice for her murder, so I don’t understand what other justice people are seeking. Did white people revolt and burn stuff to the ground? No, we let the courts handle the “bad” cops. 
The only one I wish white people would have taken to the streets in protest was the skate Steinle case. That pos got off scott free. Talk about injustice. 

That was one instance and the cop was handled correctly as he should be. Blacks are murdered by police all the time and it seems to be picking up as of late. The Floyd situation was just the last straw after several murders on video. Several where the killer wasn’t convicted properly 

39 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Yes. Yes they do have to arrest him. No one needs to be driving around drunk. 

I've had 3 relatives killed by drunk drivers. 

They didn’t catch him in the act of driving. They caught him sleep in the parking lot. He offered to walk home. I think they could have made sure he walked home and held his key till the next day or even better offered him a ride home. But I understand there are not a lot of cops who want to go above and beyond to “protect and serve”. Most just want to “do their job” and “reach their quotas”. So I understand they probably legally had a right to arrest him and he made a costly mistake by resisting. They did what they had to do at that point. After trial they will probably be acquitted because they were “legally” in the right. 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

2. Graduate percentage has nothing to do with an actual graduates degree being looked upon as lesser 

1.  No problem with your assessment.  We aren't in total agreement, but I can tell that you've done some thinking.

2.   All degrees and institutions aren't equal.  A Graduate from the Harvard school of Business has a much brighter future available to him/her than I do with my BBA from Lamar University.  Big law firms don't fight over graduates from South Texas College of Law.... but you can write your own ticket if you graduated from Baylor Law or UT Law.  A lot of it has to do with the screening process.  They don't let just anybody into those schools.  That's why they fought Affirmative Action quotas at UT.  They wanted the best qualified candidates, period.  If a young person chooses to avoid the bigger schools in favor of a campus upon which they feel more comfortable, surrounded by people that "look like they do," it's okay.  You just shouldn't be upset if your potential upside isn't as great in the long run.  I say the same thing about Conservative Christian Preachers' kids that go to schools like Liberty University or Oral Roberts University.

At the end of the day, graduation rates are a pretty good indicator of the quality of a institution of higher learning.  High schools, too, for that matter.  

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

They didn’t catch him in the act of driving. They caught him sleep in the parking lot. He offered to walk home. I think they could have made sure he walked home and held his key till the next day or even better offered him a ride home. But I understand there are not a lot of cops who want to go above and beyond to “protect and serve”. Most just want to “do their job” and “reach their quotas”. So I understand they probably legally had a right to arrest him and he made a costly mistake by resisting. They did what they had to do at that point. After trial they will probably be acquitted because they were “legally” in the right. 

He was in the drive through! He obviously had been driving and was blocking traffic. 

I can't believe I'm having to argue against drunk driving, I thought that was something everyone could get behind. 

How messed up do you have to be to fall asleep in the drive through??? 

7 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You've brought that up twice. 

Who gets to walk home when they get caught behind the wheel drunk and asleep? 

If he was sleeping it off in the back seat of the car...outside the bar or something, then I'd be with you. 

But that's not the case is it? 

5 minutes ago, NetCat said:

He was in the drive through! He obviously had been driving and was blocking traffic. 

I can't believe I'm having to argue against drunk driving, I thought that was something everyone could get behind. 

How messed up do you have to be to fall asleep in the drive through??? 

You are LEGALLY correct sir. 

2 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I don't know where you work, but on day 4 I'm just standing there and keeping my mouth shut.  It's not my place to second-guess my superior officer that has years of experience AND is in charge of training me.  One of the trainees even asked if they should turn Mr. Floyd over twice.   Should the bystanders also be charged with murder?  Those two trainees are really not much different than bystanders.  I just can't see a situation where anybody would expect a rookie officer to overrule a superior that early in his career. 

Just curious.... what do you mean by the whole system being crooked?

1 minute ago, NetCat said:

You've brought that up twice. 

Who gets to walk home when they get caught behind the wheel drunk and asleep? 

If he was sleeping it off in the back seat of the car...outside the bar or something, then I'd be with you. 

But that's not the case is it? 

I have personally witnessed a group of drunk white teenagers get to “drive home” after my white friend called the cops on them because he was upset about them yelling racial slurs through a megaphone at a Taco Bell drive through. He called the cops, we ordered food, posted in a parking lot near the Taco Bell and watched the officer pull them over, help them clear their vehicle of beer cans and then we watched the officer let them drive off. Real life 

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

You are LEGALLY correct sir. 

I had an uncle that did time in Rosharon for DWIs.  He never hit anybody, and I'm pretty sure that he never even got stopped by LEOs.   He'd just pass out behind the wheel at a stop sign or train tracks and they'd wake him up and arrest him.  As far as letting him walk home, if he stumbled out in traffic (he was falling down drunk), the police would be blamed for his death.  The business owner might not want his vehicle (and the subsequent liability for that vehicle) left on their parking lot overnight.  There's also the very real chance that IF the gentleman went home, he'd simply have someone else bring him (still drunk) back to get his car.  The simple fact is that all of this could have been avoided if a) he hadn't decided to drive drunk and b) he had simply not resisted a textbook arrest.  If either of those things had not occurred, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  It's and unfortunate turn of events and his loss of life is so unnecessary.  That doesn't make it the fault of the police, "legally" or otherwise.  In my opinion, anyways. 

Just now, Setx fan said:

I have personally witnessed a group of drunk white teenagers get to “drive home” after my white friend called the cops on them because he was upset about them yelling racial slurs through a megaphone at a Taco Bell drive through. He called the cops, we ordered food, posted in a parking lot near the Taco Bell and watched the officer pull them over, help them clear their vehicle of beer cans and then we watched the officer let them drive off. Real life 

How long ago?

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

No lie.... I don't know the specifics of the situation that you're describing so I can't argue those facts.  I know that sometimes cops will give kids a break... no clue if that's what happened at the Taco Bell. 

On the other hand, we do know that the guy in Atlanta was on parole for a violent crime and a DWI arrest would be a violation of his terms of release.  The cops were even more obligated to bring him in than they would be with a citizen with a clean record. I have a good friend who has done a little time and he gets the business anytime that the police deal with him.  Once they see that he's been in trouble a few times, he gets hooked up and taken to jail.