Is this true? End of an Era at WO-S

Now introducing the "BLUE LINK" defense.

Last season, I had a conversation with an administrator of this site about this same issue. I was asked not to start the discussion then. But times are changing and we must change as well. It will take me a while to get used to saying and hearing "Blue Link". Forgive me if I revert to antiquated phrases. And I will do the same for other members, unless I feel it is used as a derogatory comment.

18 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I will be getting me a new shirt for this season....”BLUE D” and Chain Gang,this is ridiculous!!Link It Up

The name doesn't change anything still will be dominating to anyone who gets in the way. There  are more things the world important than this. And for you who don't know the kids of 1999 or 2000 came up with the name, all the name, never was the coaching staff. It was crunch time posse for the longest.

I do love the fact that African American history will be incorporated. I love this move and have always wished that this was a part of studies when I was in school.   Pretty horrible you had to learn about these things as a grown man. I know this part of it is political and not about sports, just felt like this needed to be said.  But if anyone feels like it should be taken down for a topic to be started in the political forum, I can do that.  

5 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Should have taken a poll.  The Blue Link.  That's just one link.  What about the rest of the team.

You’re exactly right. The Blue Links! Plural to include everybody. Like the links of a wheel. Or the links of a chain. Oh wait. Now we are going backwards. Just call them “the Blue”. 
Of course I’m being facetious. What disrespect for such a great team and great tradition though. They REALLY gotta come up with something more than Blue Link. Sounds like a software. 

Guest Aledoalumni

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, I had no clue WOS had a nickname for their defense. Having seen it now my first impression is chain gang references inmates that work outside a prison. Meaning something along the lines of the WOS defense has some really "bad"(in a good way) dudes that you dont want to mess with. Am I way off on that? What was the initial thought behind the nickname?

Good grief are you kidding me!! How Freakin Stupid!! Blue Link Defense!!....Might as well name them the Unicorn or Rainbow Defense!  How disrespectful to the young men who over the years that have created and maintained that Stingy Defense! Very disappointed in whoever made this an issue. The PC Police are killing this country. With that said I will still be cheering on our Orange County Neighbors. Please don’t change the Stangs to the Fillies my support only goes so far.  SMH!

10 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, I had no clue WOS had a nickname for their defense. Having seen it now my first impression is chain gang references inmates that work outside a prison. Meaning something along the lines of the WOS defense has some really "bad"(in a good way) dudes that you dont want to mess with. Am I way off on that? What was the initial thought behind the nickname?

That defense over the years has made most offense’s earn every chain link they could get. They have had some of the nastiest defenses I’ve ever seen in High School Football over the years. I’ve always thought of the Chain Gang as a very Stingy Defense. Meaning not giving up many chain links to the offense. Sad to see it changed. How ridiculous!

Guest Aledoalumni
16 minutes ago, Realville said:

That defense over the years has made most offense’s earn every chain link they could get. They have had some of the nastiest defenses I’ve ever seen in High School Football over the years. I’ve always thought of the Chain Gang as a very Stingy Defense. Meaning not giving up many chain links to the offense. Sad to see it changed. How ridiculous!

That makes sense too. Better meaning than what I thought. I like it.