DCTF 4A D2 Preseason top 10

aTmfan06

9 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

9 straight regional finals appearances, 4 state championship game appearances, 2 state championships.

Yeah, it's the coaching.

And 2 straight losses to silsbee. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna believe that in the last 3 years that they ran into a team. That was better prepared .bcz they were.yes I believe that those kids can compete against anyone.but can those kids be put in position to beat the likes of Carthage and pleasant groves.remains to be seen. IJS. So since number are up. Try this 0-1 carthage,0-1PG,0-2 gilmer, and 0-3 silsbee in playoffs. It is what it is.

4 hours ago, dj said:

Let me help u out !! I dont think ppl really realize how young they were last year. The only senior that really contributed was #69. Both size of the ball nothing but talent.for the next 2 years. All the freshman that moved up will get playing time bcz 5 of them were outstanding. The 2 teams that are in front of them deserve to be there.it boils down if w.o has learned anything coaching wise.to beat those caliber of teams.

If only one senior contributed, then why are their only 5 offensive and 7 defensive starters returning? That's 10 starters that graduated.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If only one senior contributed, then why are their only 5 offensive and 7 defensive starters returning? That's 10 starters that graduated.

That was impact players. 95% of the players that made all the big plays were underclassmen.on either side of ball.a few seniors made a few plays here there. Two kids that might have helped some that were seniors. Wilkerson and Crawford. Crawford was lost for the season. And wilkerson was hurt most of the season.

6 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m curious to see how much our young team improves. We return 7 on offense and 8 on defense. But losing a all state D lineman and another D lineman who was all state his junior year will definitely hurt 

Rb is a stud !! He will be a tough outing.with the remaining starters from last year.and yall QB play will be better. I really can see them making some noise come playoff time. 

2 hours ago, dj said:

Rb is a stud !! He will be a tough outing.with the remaining starters from last year.and yall QB play will be better. I really can see them making some noise come playoff time. 

Yeah I’ve seen where he has been working out in the off season some with Cody Jackson (OU Commit) of Richmond Foster . Jackson also attended Bellville in elementary and middle school before moving to foster. Oh what could’ve been lol

22 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

In my opinion, that top 10 is pretty dang strong and I'm actually surprised that Jasper is ranked at all with them being so young. They could go 5-5 or 6-4 after playing a much tougher schedule (for once) and be a better team overall than last year's group. It'll be interesting to see how they develop and which guys step up to lead them. 

Some of Jasper's best teams have been the "young" teams; then they implode their senior years unfortunately.  Evidence:  last year

16 hours ago, j_dog said:

Some of Jasper's best teams have been the "young" teams; then they implode their senior years unfortunately.  Evidence:  last year

That's very true. I hope Carl Limbrick is ready to go. He's the straw that stirs the drink this year. 

2 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Let's hope he can top last year's rushing tds (28) the most rushing tds in DAWG football history for a season. He scored 30 total. 2 were from passes.

If he can do that. we'll have a great year. I know there's still a lot of depth in the backfield, but I'm curious to find out how to lines play.