3. West Orange Stark

4. Wimberley

5. Gilmer

6. Celina 

7. Sunnyvale 

8. Silsbee 

9. Geronimo Navarro 

10. Graham 

Thank you mr belleville. I'll take #3 behind those 2 any day of the week. PG did lose their 3 year starting QB, and I've seen that scenario before in person. Long ride home from jerry world.

Other notes... region 3 has three teams in the pre season top 10. They have nine teams in the preseason top 25. Here are the others

13. Sealy

14. Bellville (Shouldn’t be ranked behind Sealy, but we will see how that works out lol)

15. Waco Connally 

17. Jasper

18. China Spring

21. Salado 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I feel like they are about where they should be at 8. We will see how they fair losing the production they lost from last season.

I would agree, but people were saying that PG lost some keys as well.... and I'm not sure what WOS has done to leapfrog anybody.  

Sometimes I need to be reminded that the rankings are compiled by people who have probably never seen half of the teams they're ranking, much less have any idea about personnel other than the blue chips scattered here and there.  

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Where the Silsbee and WOS fans at, I was hoping for some more talk on this lol

Let me help u out !! I dont think ppl really realize how young they were last year. The only senior that really contributed was #69. Both size of the ball nothing but talent.for the next 2 years. All the freshman that moved up will get playing time bcz 5 of them were outstanding. The 2 teams that are in front of them deserve to be there.it boils down if w.o has learned anything coaching wise.to beat those caliber of teams.

52 minutes ago, dj said:

Let me help u out !! I dont think ppl really realize how young they were last year. The only senior that really contributed was #69. Both size of the ball nothing but talent.for the next 2 years. All the freshman that moved up will get playing time bcz 5 of them were outstanding. The 2 teams that are in front of them deserve to be there.it boils down if w.o has learned anything coaching wise.to beat those caliber of teams.

That’s what I’m talking about! Lol

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I wish there was just one team in our district in the coverage area so our district could be included lol

You're gonna have to take that up with the UIL. LOL!

But I do miss Bellville in our area.  Coach Rowe was always very accessible.

2 hours ago, dj said:

It’s not just coaching. 

In my opinion, that top 10 is pretty dang strong and I'm actually surprised that Jasper is ranked at all with them being so young. They could go 5-5 or 6-4 after playing a much tougher schedule (for once) and be a better team overall than last year's group. It'll be interesting to see how they develop and which guys step up to lead them. 

3 hours ago, dj said:

9 straight regional finals appearances, 4 state championship game appearances, 2 state championships.

Yeah, it's the coaching.