2020 9-5A div 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah, I've seen some of their games on YouTube, he's elusive and accurate for the most part, he does try to do too much sometimes, causes him to turnover the ball. I'll see how Friendswood looks when they play Summer Creek week-1 September 24th I believe. 

I have a buddy from la Porte and his nephew is on varsity and they have the friendswood game circled according to him.. they have a lot of history between the schools over the years, and what happened 2 years ago when they played

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You might wanna check up on that again. 

Yep.  The AG's opinion took the power to close districts away from counties and cities and said that it was specifically for the individual districts.  In fact, Katy (who has schools in Harris County) and Humble ISD's have started up strength and conditioning again.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Yep.  The AG's opinion took the power to close districts away from counties and cities and said that it was specifically for the individual districts.  In fact, Katy (who has schools in Harris County) and Humble ISD's have started up strength and conditioning again.

Good for them! 

• 2 weeks later...

So the Baytown Sun ran a story this morning, stating that 9-5A D1 Coaches has decided on a schedule for the upcoming football season, that has all the teams playing a total of 9 games. It also stated that all Baytown schools were playing their original week 1 opponents as scheduled. They did not however, say which game was being pulled from the schedule. GCM pre district opponents are Klein Forest(6A) South Houston(6A) and Dayton(5A), so the New UIL start dates wouldn’t eliminate, any of these 3. So, I guess what my question is, does anyone know, or is anyone privy to anymore info, as to if they are takings district game away, or what....

8 hours ago, TXHSFB said:

So the Baytown Sun ran a story this morning, stating that 9-5A D1 Coaches has decided on a schedule for the upcoming football season, that has all the teams playing a total of 9 games. It also stated that all Baytown schools were playing their original week 1 opponents as scheduled. They did not however, say which game was being pulled from the schedule. GCM pre district opponents are Klein Forest(6A) South Houston(6A) and Dayton(5A), so the New UIL start dates wouldn’t eliminate, any of these 3. So, I guess what my question is, does anyone know, or is anyone privy to anymore info, as to if they are takings district game away, or what....

Pretty sure we (GCM) wont be playing Dayton. Baytown Sterling wont be playing GP. Not sure about Lee.

9 hours ago, TXHSFB said:

@WOSgrad you heard anything about this? I haven't. 

I saw this district and I immediately put PAM in the 4th spot.  Morgan's kinda on the X-Box theme of not adjusting in-game and relying on talent alone.  I wanna be wrong so bad but LP's always had our number except in the 5A Reg 3 finals in 2011.  PAM will have to play every week just to get in and of course, it would behoove them to finish top two.....

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I saw this district and I immediately put PAM in the 4th spot.  Morgan's kinda on the X-Box theme of not adjusting in-game and relying on talent alone.  I wanna be wrong so bad but LP's always had our number except in the 5A Reg 3 finals in 2011.  PAM will have to play every week just to get in and of course, it would behoove them to finish top two.....

They aren't the same Laporte. PAM won't have any trouble running through them. I have y'all second behind Friendswood with United third and one of the Baytown schools getting the fourth spot.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Friendswood spanked them, 44-7. The next yr was much closer. 

That.. plus still passing and trying to score more and calling out timeouts with a few mins left into the game. Then something to do with the handshake after the game stuff was said between coaches and players... I was only told this wasn’t there to experience it first hand. 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

That.. plus still passing and trying to score more and calling out timeouts with a few mins left into the game. Then something to do with the handshake after the game stuff was said between coaches and players... I was only told this wasn’t there to experience it first hand. 

The passing and trying to score im 100% ok with, the defense gotta put a handle on that. 

Timeouts and post game stuff not cool though. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The passing and trying to score im 100% ok with, the defense gotta put a handle on that. 

Timeouts and post game stuff not cool though. 

I asked if FW backups were the ones trying to score and such because sometimes they don’t get that chance to shine and I’m ok with it, but was told all the starters and such we’re still slinging and going. I agree defense do gotta step up but run it out and get to the locker room imo

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I asked if FW backups were the ones trying to score and such because sometimes they don’t get that chance to shine and I’m ok with it, but was told all the starters and such we’re still slinging and going. I agree defense do gotta step up but run it out and get to the locker room imo

Well I did some digging and it looks like the backup QB only threw 2 passes and the last TD was by a back up running back. So perhaps just sour grapes. 

5295F106-43EB-4776-B99B-74B9989700E0.jpeg

I have confirmed through several of the coaches that District 9-5A-I teams will have a 9 game schedule this year.

1.  Each team will play 2 non-district games (Week 1 (9/24-26) and Week 2 (Oct. 1-3)

2.  A full district schedule will be played starting in Week 3.

3.  There will be 2 open weeks during district play, one in Week 6 and one in Week 10, in case they need to make up games lost to COVID.