Best rivalries in SE Texas or other places

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

9/25- MCM

Silsbee plays Orangefield in OF

United plays Sterling in Bmt

OK, did the research for ya.

Cool.  I have a vested interest in Silsbee because I promised the QB Foster  I’d make Some games.  I guess I can skip out on that game.  Son is in United band and I’m a volunteer for the band booster.  It’s possible for me to kiss a game, so I’ll see. Been wanting to go to a MCM for years..

On 6/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don’t let a guy that went 0-30 beat a guy that’s been to the state title game two years ago.  Imma be dead on your arse.  

You better hope WB don't 70 piece that great coach y'all hired. Lmao... You might as well start putting 0-31 by his name! 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:00 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

United seems to be on the rise. They still have the disadvantage of being small in 6a, so they probably won't go far in the playoffs, but they looked dangerous last year. 

They looked dangerous in predistrict. They couldn't hurt a fly once district started. They were senior heavy, with a very weak JV team. We'll have to see what in store for them with the drop down to 5A.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Since we all are waiting on football like everyone else I thought maybe we could mention the best rivalries in this area or other areas you have attended... For me it's a hit or miss due to the fact Shepherd is our chief rivals especially since they have won a lot against us during the past decade (prior before the 2004 season they only won 10 I think against us) and we do have Cleveland but now they are 5A D1 now but outside our area the best rivalry I've witnessed was Longview and Marshall when I stayed in Longview for 6 years but what are you guys opinion is?

TrojanWarrior08, do you remember back in the 2008-2010’s when we use to have some battles with Huffman-Hargrave Falcons? The best game was in 2010 when were going back & forth with them. We received the kickoff with about 3 mins remaining in the game, Sherman Gilbert took 90+ yards for the game winning TD!! Priceless 🏈🏈🏈 you gotta love high school football!! 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

Aaaaaahhhh the oh so infamous 3-0 Silver&Blue win late late in 4th quarter at the Alamo!! 

Mr. Randal Voss played qb and he threw an interception then turned around on defense and gave up the long pass to set that fg up. 

Ole Randal you damn Booger Bear You!!

For sure it was an all-time classic. I still go back and watch it every now and then. And for the posters here talking about atmosphere, that game had it and then some. I remember being in line at 4:30 to get a ticket and fans 6 deep all around the fences. 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, SmashMouth said:

I guess no one has listed one of the most obvious. PN-G & Big NED. 
That depends, I guess on what criteria “best rivalries” is determined. 

Will this game be televised this year? Is their a satellite station it can be heard on? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

2 hours ago, txprepfan said:

For sure it was an all-time classic. I still go back and watch it every now and then. And for the posters here talking about atmosphere, that game had it and then some. I remember being in line at 4:30 to get a ticket and fans 6 deep all around the fences. 

I was there in 87. Best HS FB game I've ever been to. Watch it? I didn't know it was out there. But I did find this. 

Please share if you have a full game link.

29 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I was there in 87. Best HS FB game I've ever been to. Watch it? I didn't know it was out there. But I did find this. 

Please share if you have a full game link.

Wow that is awesome I had never seen this video before. Thanks for posting it. Brings back a lot of memories to be sure. I was on the fence behind the goalpost where Terkel kicked the game winning FG. I have seen exactly 1400 hsfb games in the last 43 years. If forced with the unenviable and virtually impossible task of having  to pick ONLY one as the best I've ever seen this would probably be it. I don't know of a link, I have a copy of the WOS coaches film on VHS and DVD.

26 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

🤔 and you sat on what side ?

Actually I was in a neutral position standing behind the fence in the end zone lol. I have no allegiance to any teams, when I am at a game I always just hope for a close, hard fought, well played game. Doesn't always work out that way but it sure did on this night.

1 minute ago, JasperDAWG said:

My Silver&Blue friend!

Actually, I remember feeling many times that night that I wouldn't be.  I thought the 'Stangs had had it when they botched the snap on an FG and fumbled it around.  I fully thought a Bulldog was gonna pick that up and house it.

7 hours ago, Law Man said:

Will this game be televised this year? Is their a satellite station it can be heard on? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

Not a dumb question. I don’t know the definite answer, but I know it will probably be on 560am KLVI. Also, on their I heart radio channel and maybe on SETXSPORTS. One of the mods on here would have better advice, but I know someone should have it. 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, Law Man said:

Nothing dumb about it at all.

Will the game be televised this year?  At this point no.  Many have called upon the UIL to loosen he rules against showing video broadcast or video streams or Friday night games in light of playing games in front of no fans or a limited number of fans, but as of yet the UIL has not relented on this and I have seen no indication from state sources that the UIL is considering it at this point.  Now, if we get closer to the season this stance may be reconsidered as I have always been told that the rationale behind the Friday night prohibition is to convince more folks to go watch the games instead of staying home and watching it on TV or online.  So logic would dictate that if there are no fans in the stands allowed, that there is no reason for this prohibition to be in place this season. But we will see.

Now at to listening to Mid-County madness.  Both Nederland....broadcasted by KLVI......and PN-G......broadcasted by Cool 92.5 FM....have radio broadcasts.  And both do have internet websites:

KVLI:

This is the hidden content, please

Cool 92.5:

Plus, as both are iheart stations, they can be reached through the iheart radio app which can be downloaded from either Google Play or the Apps store.

As to satellite radio, I am not aware that either have a Sirius XM channel.

15 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Lol. My friend I was just teasing at ya. 

Thanks for reminiscing with me,  and don't hurt nobody u Booger Bear u!!

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Actually, I remember feeling many times that night that I wouldn't be.  I thought the 'Stangs had had it when they botched the snap on an FG and fumbled it around.  I fully thought a Bulldog was gonna pick that up and house it.

Had to do some serious digging through the archives for this one !

Wish I could have made it a little bigger to upload.

20200616_134706.jpg

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Nothing dumb about it at all.

Will the game be televised this year?  At this point no.  Many have called upon the UIL to loosen he rules against showing video broadcast or video streams or Friday night games in light of playing games in front of no fans or a limited number of fans, but as of yet the UIL has not relented on this and I have seen no indication from state sources that the UIL is considering it at this point.  Now, if we get closer to the season this stance may be reconsidered as I have always been told that the rationale behind the Friday night prohibition is to convince more folks to go watch the games instead of staying home and watching it on TV or online.  So logic would dictate that if there are no fans in the stands allowed, that there is no reason for this prohibition to be in place this season. But we will see.

Now at to listening to Mid-County madness.  Both Nederland....broadcasted by KLVI......and PN-G......broadcasted by Cool 92.5 FM....have radio broadcasts.  And both do have internet websites:

KVLI:

Cool 92.5:

Plus, as both are iheart stations, they can be reached through the iheart radio app which can be downloaded from either Google Play or the Apps store.

As to satellite radio, I am not aware that either have a Sirius XM channel.

Well, the answer to the first part of that question might have to be amended sometime tomorrow.

One item the UIL is discussing tomorrow is lifting the Friday night live broadcast ban for 2020...I personally support this:

On 6/14/2020 at 5:25 AM, TrojanMoJo said:

TrojanWarrior08, do you remember back in the 2008-2010’s when we use to have some battles with Huffman-Hargrave Falcons? The best game was in 2010 when were going back & forth with them. We received the kickoff with about 3 mins remaining in the game, Sherman Gilbert took 90+ yards for the game winning TD!! Priceless 🏈🏈🏈 you gotta love high school football!! 

Of course I do... I remember the 07 game with Liberty (I was playing for Coldspring then) and we did that hook and ladder on the last play of the game with Zavius Johnson and Ashton Perry with just a few seconds left... Nothing short of a miracle

9 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Of course I do... I remember the 07 game with Liberty (I was playing for Coldspring then) and we did that hook and ladder on the last play of the game with Zavius Johnson and Ashton Perry with just a few seconds left... Nothing short of a miracle

If I'm not mistaken those Coldspring and Huffman games were always for the DC in those years right?