Vidor vs Silsbee

Hagar

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They haven’t faced any that I’m aware of in that time span. I’m aware of. 

Somebody from Silsbee can correct me if I’m off about that.

Correction.... Lumberton has been running it some, but not well  

Yeah that was my thoughts lol

Wasn’t this the first year Ltown ran the Slot T?   Doubt they’re as polished as Vidor with it yet.    Still, a good defense can make most offenses look bad.   And as AAW pointed out, they’ve seen Vidor run it in scrimmages.

The most talented group to ever come out of Silsbee got done up by a bunch of slow white kids running the T in ‘16. 

Maybe Coach Smith has helped with defensive discipline... I just believe that Silsbee hasn’t seen much of it, and when they did they struggled. We held them fairly close in 15, too... with the starting wing out for the season. 17 was a wash for us injury wise, then we abandoned the T.  

Any time a slot t team hangs fifty on you, you’re struggling. 

The most talented group to ever come out of Silsbee got done up by a bunch of slow white kids running the T in ‘16. 

Maybe Coach Smith has helped with defensive discipline... I just believe that Silsbee hasn’t seen much of it, and when they did they struggled. We held them fairly close in 15, too... with the starting wing out for the season. 17 was a wash for us injury wise, then we abandoned the T.  

Most talented group? You haven't seen enough Silsbee football.

Scores in 2015, 16, 17, 18:

2015 - 62-42 Silsbee

2016 - 41-42 BC

2017 - 40-15 Silsbee

2018 - 48-14 Silsbee

The one BC win was on a TD pass late in the game.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Scores in 2015, 16, 17, 18:

2015 - 62-42 Silsbee

2016 - 41-42 BC

2017 - 40-15 Silsbee

2018 - 48-14 Silsbee

The one BC win was on a TD pass late in the game.

17 would have been a down year and then we got clobbered by injuries. 

Dubois was gone in 18, hence the “run it well.”  

You guys always have good teams. 15 was our first year in the system and we out 42 on you. Y’all had a year to get ready and in 16 we put 42 on your D again. If a bunch of slow white kids (y’all have us on speed) hang 40+ on you repeatedly with a ball-control offense... you’re having trouble with the slot-T.  
That’s been several years, no doubt... I guess the question for you, Defender of the Tigers, is whether or not you guys have faced anybody that ran a good “T” since we beat Calvin, Tre, Barnes and the rest of those “scrubs(?)”for the DC in ‘16? 

Because that was a good Silsbee squad. 

If a Slot T offense puts 40 plus points on you then you better  score when you have the ball because your not going to get many opportunities unless you get some turnovers. The Slot T will eat some Clock! I’ve seen Vidor eat up as many as 10 minutes of the clock on one drive. Vidor boys start running the Slot T in Junior High so by time they get to Varsity they can run it blind folded. As a fan watching I don’t know who has the ball some of the time. Lol. Should  be a good game. Silsbee always puts together some good teams.

47 minutes ago, Realville said:

If a Slot T offense puts 40 plus points on you then you better  score when you have the ball because your not going to get many opportunities unless you get some turnovers. The Slot T will eat some Clock! I’ve seen Vidor eat up as many as 10 minutes of the clock on one drive. Vidor boys start running the Slot T in Junior High so by time they get to Varsity they can run it blind folded. As a fan watching I don’t know who has the ball some of the time. Lol. Should  be a good game. Silsbee always puts together some good teams.

Honestly, we were gashing them so bad that we weren't killing much clock.  Better athletes on the Silsbee squad, they just weren't ready for the T.  

I still favor Silsbee in the matchup with Vidor, but I could see it being a potential stumbling block. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

17 would have been a down year and then we got clobbered by injuries. 

Dubois was gone in 18, hence the “run it well.”  

You guys always have good teams. 15 was our first year in the system and we out 42 on you. Y’all had a year to get ready and in 16 we put 42 on your D again. If a bunch of slow white kids (y’all have us on speed) hang 40+ on you repeatedly with a ball-control offense... you’re having trouble with the slot-T.  
That’s been several years, no doubt... I guess the question for you, Defender of the Tigers, is whether or not you guys have faced anybody that ran a good “T” since we beat Calvin, Tre, Barnes and the rest of those “scrubs(?)”for the DC in ‘16? 

Because that was a good Silsbee squad. 

It was a very good Silsbee squad. Just not the most talented Silsbee team ever, like you stated.

You also stated that BC "kept it fairly close in '15". Close is not getting 62 hung on you and losing by 20. Also, BC did not "hang 50" on Silsbee, 42 was the amount.

Silsbee is 7-1 against Dubois Slot T teams. The only loss being a 1 point loss to BC in '16. Missed extra point and BC scored 2 of it's TD's via the pass, one in last minute of the game, a 43 yarder.

Too much of your "opinion" is based on one game.

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was a very good Silsbee squad. Just not the most talented Silsbee team ever, like you stated.

You also stated that BC "kept it fairly close in '15". Close is not getting 62 hung on you and losing by 20. Also, BC did not "hang 50" on Silsbee, 42 was the amount.

Silsbee is 7-1 against Dubois Slot T teams. The only loss being a 1 point loss to BC in '16. Missed extra point and BC scored 2 of it's TD's via the pass, one in last minute of the game, a 43 yarder.

Too much of your "opinion" is based on one game.

42 two points hung on superior athletes two years in a row.  

By a bunch of slow kids from BC. 

Sounds like y'all have it figured out.   Seven on seven should have y'all ready for the Pirates.  Carry on.

EDIT.....  HJ (1-9) point more points on the Tigers in District play in 2019 than any other team... even WOS.  

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sounds like y'all have it figured out.   Seven on seven should have y'all ready for the Pirates.  Carry on.

If you look at Silsbee's scores over the last 15 years, defense has not been their forte', regardless of what offense is being run. It's not been one particular offense.

IMO, Silsbee struggles against very good passing teams more than they do with running teams.

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

They ran it pretty well over BC the last couple years if I remember correctly. Lol. 🤣🤣🤣

One thing that might help Vidor, the Tigers start off slow & peak at the end of the season.   That’s a great plan & hats off to the Silsbee Staff.   I haven’t been to a game, other than Evadale (& I don’t watch them anymore), in about 8 years.   I just might try to make this one.

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

EDIT.....  HJ (1-9) point more points on the Tigers in District play in 2019 than any other team... even WOS.  

Your woe is me lands on deaf ears. The BC teams in 15 and 16 where actually pretty good with athletes all over the field and they had speed. Your down playing of those BC athletes is a slap in their face. In 15 Silsbee had scored a TD to start the fourth quarter to take a twenty point lead and started putting in the backups on defense. That allowed BC to have some long runs for TDs for their last scores. Silsbee's offense was so good that we matched BC TDs with our TDs to keep a twenty the point lead. In 16 BC was stacked with a huge O-line, a coaches son at QB that had been running that offense since the day he could hold a ball and a couple of RBs that was made for that offense  and speed on the outside. Silsbee had one returning on offense and three or four returning on defense. Silsbee had to learn new coaches, a new offense and a new defense. One of the best teams BC has ever had beat a Silsbee team that was rebuilding and learning a new offense and defense by one point. 

8 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Your woe is me lands on deaf ears. The BC teams in 15 and 16 where actually pretty good with athletes all over the field and they had speed. Your down playing of those BC athletes is a slap in their face. In 15 Silsbee had scored a TD to start the fourth quarter to take a twenty point lead and started putting in the backups on defense. That allowed BC to have some long runs for TDs for their last scores. Silsbee's offense was so good that we matched BC TDs with our TDs to keep a twenty the point lead. In 16 BC was stacked with a huge O-line, a coaches son at QB that had been running that offense since the day he could hold a ball and a couple of RBs that was made for that offense  and speed on the outside. Silsbee had one returning on offense and three or four returning on defense. Silsbee had to learn new coaches, a new offense and a new defense. One of the best teams BC has ever had beat a Silsbee team that was rebuilding and learning a new offense and defense by one point. 

He only played in 15. The qb in 16 was a lb in 15. It was his first year under center in the “T.”

We also lost the starting wing before the Silsbee game in 15. That kid was a first team all district back in 16, but unavailable in 15. Plus y’all had Tyler in 16. 
Silsbee had Calvin Tyler, Tre, Barnes, etc. in 16. It wasn’t a rebuilding year. There was one kid that played at the next level from that BC team. Y’all had something like 6, I think. Don’t quote me on that. 

On 6/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

Silsbee's secondary is about as bad as PNG's, historically. Maybe a little worse. Those two rarely have disciplined secondary. 

Was waiting on someone to use that word lol. But yes I agree. Discipline is how you stop this offense. If you’re not used to seeing it then it may catch you off guard more than a few times. Especially with the wrinkles that Jeff has added thru the years.