Vidor vs Silsbee

Hagar

Okay, Laura you’re really beginning to urinate me off.   We had to struggle with Covid for 6 months.  Finally get the Okay to play HS football, and BAM, here comes Laura.   I’d sincerely like to kick it’s rear end, but a man’s got to know his limitations.  I’m limited to crossing my fingers.  

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Games back on Saturday 6:00 Tiger Stadium 😁

Wow is this the only game that didn’t get canceled around here? I hope all the boys are back in town and ready to play if any of them have to evacuate. I’m ready to see this matchup, hopefully both teams come in well prepared but I just don’t see how.

29 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Wow is this the only game that didn’t get canceled around here? I hope all the boys are back in town and ready to play if any of them have to evacuate. I’m ready to see this matchup, hopefully both teams come in well prepared but I just don’t see how.

Since Vidor is in Orange County, they have been ordered to evacuate.

I am betting this game gets canceled.

Silsbee hasn’t even started school, so Vidor canceling shouldn’t be a problem.  According to the chart, Laura will be almost in Bossier City by 1pm Thursday.   Pretty good chance most everyone will be back home Friday or early Saturday.  Hope so for sure.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Silsbee hasn’t even started school, so Vidor canceling shouldn’t be a problem.  According to the chart, Laura will be almost in Bossier City by 1pm Thursday.   Pretty good chance most everyone will be back home Friday or early Saturday.  Hope so for sure.

Hold the phone on that.  If a Cat 3 rolls through, the hurricane may be gone but people aren't gonna be home right away.

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Priorities ppl, priorities. Football is very much secondary in our area this week, and probably longer. 

The recovery will take a long time. We were without power for over 2 weeks after rita. I'll never forget, grilling some food outside after another long day working in the heat. It was getting dark, and the street lights came on. I couldn't help but wonder how long had it been on that day. Moral of the story is... leave something ON so you'll know.