Vidor vs Silsbee

Hagar

On 7/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I could see them beating Silsbee cause Silsbee normally starts their season off slow, but Jasper?? 👀 ....eh...i don't know about that one. 

Tigers feel better about this week one, than last four years with PNG. even with Covid Quarantine. lol

I could see them beating Silsbee cause Silsbee normally starts their season off slow, but Jasper?? 👀 ....eh...i don't know about that one. 

Jasper also isn’t the best vs good slot T teams. Idk how good Vidor will be but you can bet they will review that film from Jasper vs Bellville last year.. but also don’t know if Vidor has a RB the caliber of Reece from Bellville

I could see Vidor beating Silsbee, but I think the impression that Silsbee starts slow is mostly because they usually start against much bigger schools or against highly ranked 4a schools (or even solid 5a teams). I think Vidor will not be such a problem for Silsbee. 

1 minute ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I could see Vidor beating Silsbee, but I think the impression that Silsbee starts slow is mostly because they usually start against much bigger schools or against highly ranked 4a schools (or even solid 5a teams). I think Vidor will not be such a problem for Silsbee. 

Or plays that lil ole 3A school from up North....🤷🏾‍♂️😎

10 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Jasper also isn’t the best vs good slot T teams. Idk how good Vidor will be but you can bet they will review that film from Jasper vs Bellville last year.. but also don’t know if Vidor has a RB the caliber of Reece from Bellville

Last time Vidor played Jasper in 2015, Vidor beat Jasper 41 to 24 I believe an we were horrible that year. Of course that was 2015, all new kids now. My understanding is Vidor has some running backs that are gonna surprise some people to go along with a legit QB this year. Should be fun to watch.

41 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Jones, Williams and Dodd will carry the load. Tigers will be just fine.

Martin may even get a few carries. He plays both sides of the ball as well. Saw his hudl on Twitter. Young but for sure gonna be an asset to the futureTiger team. 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

49 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Very few teams have RB that good.

We have to replace the starting backfield from last year so we will be relying on some young guys. We will have a Senior who is a road grader, takes multiple defenders to bring him down and does great work up the middle. Don't know much from there, not sure if we have a pure speed guy but we got some of them physical speed guys.

2 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Martin may even get a few carries. He plays both sides of the ball as well. Saw his hudl on Twitter. Young but for sure gonna be an asset to the futureTiger team. 

I look for the coaches to keep him on the defensive side this year.

Also, the freshmen Miller kid will likely be on varsity this year and will help the secondary. He is the future star RB for Silsbee.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I look for the coaches to keep him on the defensive side this year.

Also, the freshmen Miller kid will likely be on varsity this year and will help the secondary. He is the future star RB for 

it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Martin definitely has speed and talent  was told he is the fastest in his class. I think the coaches know what they got and will use it.  He is a sophomore.  

On 6/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

If you look at Silsbee's scores over the last 15 years, defense has not been their forte', regardless of what offense is being run. It's not been one particular offense.

IMO, Silsbee struggles against very good passing teams more than they do with running teams.

This years defense is going to surprise some folks 

Prior to WOS/La Vega matching up, I felt this was the premiere opening game.   Still anticipate a close one.   New backfield will handicap Vidor somewhat.   The Slot T requires a lot of ball handling.   Game one nerves could be a factor for Vidor.   Silsbee has one of their studs out, so still looking for a close one.   Maybe last possession wins.   Vidor has to control the ball for those long, grind it out drives.   I expect Silsbee to pop long TDs.

Historically, my predictions are pathetic, but feel good about this one.   Team with most Turnovers loses.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, Realville said:

Last time Vidor played Jasper in 2015, Vidor beat Jasper 41 to 24 I believe an we were horrible that year. Of course that was 2015, all new kids now. My understanding is Vidor has some running backs that are gonna surprise some people to go along with a legit QB this year. Should be fun to watch.

Yeah, I think Lumberton beat Vidor that year by 2 scores. But like you said, all new kids now. I’m excited to see them in 4A. 

Hopefully them Pirates are inside the stadium for pre-game warm-ups. 🙌🏾😁 shouldn't be intimidated by lil ole Silsbee and have to warmup in another town. 😁 

This is what happened the last time they did that. They tend to dismiss it, i'm not sure why though, fun night. 

This is the hidden content, please

😎😁

25 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hopefully them Pirates are inside the stadium for pre-game warm-ups. 🙌🏾😁 shouldn't be intimidated by lil ole Silsbee and have to warmup in another town. 😁

Vidor Scrimmages Silsbee and WOS every year. Take that nonsense elsewhere. I’ve probably told you at least 2 to 3 times that Matthews has done that on numerous occasions at our own stadium. Still butthurt about these highlights and choking against little ole slow Vidor to win District!😂😂 Undefeated all season until y’all came to Vidor.😂 

12 hours ago, Realville said:

Vidor Scrimmages Silsbee and WOS every year. Take that nonsense elsewhere. I’ve probably told you at least 2 to 3 times that Matthews has done that on numerous occasions at our own stadium. Still butthurt about these highlights and choking against little ole slow Vidor to win District!😂😂 Undefeated all season until y’all came to Vidor.😂 

Man that team was good and the field looks awesome. Kinda makes me miss the old grass field and the bad ass paint schemes they would lay down every year. Talk about a butt kicking, PAM was able to make a game of it though.

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Man that team was good and the field looks awesome. Kinda makes me miss the old grass field and the bad ass paint schemes they would lay down every year. Talk about a butt kicking, PAM was able to make a game of it though.

The next year was better wouldn't you agree (or is that game still ignored), I think that 40-0 run we went on got yall acclimated for the new turf 😁.

Wish Silsbee had turf, it'll make their stadium have alot more playoff games that's for sure. They don't practice the Nederland method for grass there 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The next year was better wouldn't you agree (or is that game still ignored), I think that 40-0 run we went on got yall acclimated for the new turf 😁.

Wish Silsbee had turf, it'll make their stadium have alot more playoff games that's for sure. They don't practice the Nederland method for grass there 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes I remember watching that game, you guys weren’t very welcoming hosts in PA.

No handshake before the game, turned a cold shoulder and kicked our butts on the field.

Not very nice Mr. Buddy, it’s almost as if those boys were mad about something that happened the previous year.