Vidor vs Silsbee

Hagar

AAE said Silsbee has 14 returning starters, 6-0 & 8D.   I saw (but can’t verify) that Vidor has 12, 6/6.   The other facts - that Vidor had a 5-4 season, while Silsbee made a deep playoff run.   Then their two common opponents, one Nederland, was defeated soundly by Silsbee, and then beat Vidor.  PNG defeated both.  Those facts make Silsbee the heavy favorite.   Vidor dropping down from 5A sounds good, but with a 5-4 record, not so impressive.

I do hope we get this Virus under control so the kids can play.

25 minutes ago, Hagar said:

AAE said Silsbee has 14 returning starters, 6-0 & 8D.   I saw (but can’t verify) that Vidor has 12, 6/6.   The other facts - that Vidor had a 5-4 season, while Silsbee made a deep playoff run.   Then their two common opponents, one Nederland, was defeated soundly by Silsbee, and then beat Vidor.  PNG defeated both.  Those facts make Silsbee the heavy favorite.   Vidor dropping down from 5A sounds good, but with a 5-4 record, not so impressive.

Should be a good one 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We'll never get a logical answer 😂🤣😂

An answer would be a bummer.   The fact that there is no answer keeps the mystic alive.   The Maltese Falcon was a priceless artifact until it was found to be a fake.  Physical speed will always be a mystery.  😂😂😂

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

Yea we gave the Nederland game away late and the PNG game too for that matter. The scrimmage with Silsbee last year was just about a stalemate, I think Vidor had a slim lead until the backups got in. Our defense played great last year but wore down late in several games when the offense struggled to keep the ball moving. You should see a completely different offense if things work out with the new/old QB coming back and the defense has returners at all key positions except linebacker, we lost some good'ns.

But I'm telling you right here, right now... the key to this game will be, PHYSICAL SPEED!

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea we gave the Nederland game away late and the PNG game too for that matter. The scrimmage with Silsbee last year was just about a stalemate, I think Vidor had a slim lead until the backups got in. Our defense played great last year but wore down late in several games when the offense struggled to keep the ball moving. You should see a completely different offense if things work out with the new/old QB coming back and the defense has returners at all key positions except linebacker, we lost some good'ns.

But I'm telling you right here, right now... the key to this game will be, PHYSICAL SPEED!

Neither teams first teams scored.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Neither teams first teams scored.

Yea it was hard to take away anything from that scrimmage, nobody really got anything going. I know we had a long PI call that set them up for a score later in the game. With this one being the 1st game of the year we may see another defensive battle, I'm betting on a low scoring game.

2 hours ago, Realville said:

I guess that means they both have PHYSICAL SPEED! 😎

Or neither one has PHYSICAL SPEED.   I’ve heard there was some mechanical speed, but that’s a whole different kind of speed.  And liquid speed, aka Red Bull.  Speaking of speed, since we have Covid, instead of electing a President via voting, why don’t we let Trump & Biden race, say, 1600 Meters.  Put it on Pay for View.   Probably last 6 to 8 hours.  😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I like what Silsbee has coming back. I expect Gilder and a few others to lock down the WR spots. Arline and Jones will have the backfield solid. Foster the QB seems to have trimmed up a bit and looks stronger. Early game..Silsbee wins 33-28. 

Dodd Should see some of that backfield action. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still think this will be one of the best games in the area of SS Week 1.   Excited that Forum will have it on play by play.

Very possible that it will be tight in the 4th Qtr.  I heard Vidor has a new trick play they’re working on to use in that situation.  Very complicated.  Called a forward pass.

SS = Small Schools

57 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I still think this will be one of the best games in the area of SS Week 1.   Excited that Forum will have it on play by play.

Very possible that it will be tight in the 4th Qtr.  I heard Vidor has a new trick play they’re working on to use in that situation.  Very complicated.  Called a forward pass.

SS = Small Schools

Groundbreaking, a little something called a 5 yard slant route.

Baby-steps...