Summer Workouts

NetCat

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Why would they be canceling workouts if not CV-19 related?

As a precaution. Just last night 5 El Paso schools actually cancelled the rest of their workouts as a precaution, they didn't have anybody test positive for covid-19. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Per Ashly Elam: 

Port Arthur Memorial will continue voluntary summer workouts under UIL guidelines after football player tests positive for COVID-19 #409Sports #txhsfb @coachbmorgan @mcan409 @portarthurisd @12NewsNow 

This is the hidden content, please

42 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They're still in the same shutdown from last week. No new cases, that I'm aware of.

Nope, they had started again last Wednesday.  A second student's parent notified WO-S that he had tested positive on Friday.  They were originally going to continue S&C workouts and just quarantine the athletes and coaches in the positive student's group.  But today, they decided to shut everything down 'til July 13th.

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

As a precaution. Just last night 5 El Paso schools actually cancelled the rest of their workouts as a precaution, they didn't have anybody test positive for covid-19. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Well, to be clear, it is cv-19 related then. The precautions are because of the virus. 

46 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Nope, they had started again last Wednesday.  A second student's parent notified WO-S that he had tested positive on Friday.  They were originally going to continue S&C workouts and just quarantine the athletes and coaches in the positive student's group.  But today, they decided to shut everything down 'til July 13th.

Hopefully with these July 4th weekend get-togethers going on no one catches it. 

4 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

So uil shutdown til the 13th. I told you guys this would happen in the beginning if more positive test popped up. Even the nfl done cut half of preseason games already. Let's see what happens next

To be fair, they recommended that schools shut down until the 13th.  But most schools I have seen are heeding that recommendation,

48 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

So uil shutdown til the 13th. I told you guys this would happen in the beginning if more positive test popped up. Even the nfl done cut half of preseason games already. Let's see what happens next

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

To be fair, they recommended that schools shut down until the 13th.  But most schools I have seen are heeding that recommendation,

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Lumberton was already off til then anyway as a matter of course. 

Pretty sure that UIL had blackout days next week anyways. Could only workout 2 days next week I think, somebody correct me if I'm mistaken though...

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, Lumberton had a coach this afternoon that tested positive but I thought that they were just going to quarantine and continue. Of course, that was before the UIL's recommendation.

That’s what they did. They had a scheduled week off after the 4th. 

3 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

But let's be honest since the june 9 th most schools are on they second shutdown. So a couple days of working out of a months time. Not good. 

I only know of a couple that shut down then. Who are you talking about? 

10 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

215 schools in texas that shutdown workouts before this to be exact  but who's counting 

8 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

215 schools in Texas shutdown workouts due to  CV-19 

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

But let's be honest since the june 9 th most schools are on they second shutdown. So a couple days of working out of a months time. Not good.

But you said “most schools (215)” were on their 2nd shut down since 6/9. Is 215 most schools? Did all of those schools shut down 2x due to CV-19 since 6/9? I’m just wondering if those are facts or are you just exaggerating to make some point. What about in our area? How many shut down 2x? Did those schools only work out a couple days out of a months time? I mean, “let’s be honest...

59 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

But you said “most schools (215)” were on their 2nd shut down since 6/9. Is 215 most schools? Did all of those schools shut down 2x due to CV-19 since 6/9? I’m just wondering if those are facts or are you just exaggerating to make some point. What about in our area? How many shut down 2x? Did those schools only work out a couple days out of a months time? I mean, “let’s be honest...

How did my name get in his quote??? Never seen that before

Weird...