Summer Workouts

NetCat

2 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

You telling me to just keep, going and shutting down for two weeks every time a case pops up. You do realize the cdc uil and anybody in there right mind is going to sit up there  and let that happen. I don't even have a child out there and its seems I'm more concerned than most parents. Throwing more gasoline on the fire is not the answer. 

I hear you.... 

But it's not going away.  We can't all (well, except for the essential workers) stay locked away in our homes until we die of old age. We can't just pretend like nothing is happening either.  When outbreaks start, we should act hastily to isolate and test to reduce the spread.  

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I share your exact sentiments.  At this point, based on what just happened with the WO-S football team, this will get worse before It gets better. And we have 3 teams (WB, BU, and Vidor) that’s scheduled to begin practices on the 15th...

Here's the deal... that kid didn't catch it at practice. As of now, we haven't found the first kid who WAS infected while practicing.  So why cancel it all now?

I don't have all of the answers.... And yes, some kids will eventually catch it thru contact in sports.  Some kids will die in car wrecks, too.... we aren't making a decision to just start walking everywhere.  It's about how much risk is acceptable risk.  Hiding out for 6 more months isn't the answer.  A vaccine isn't the answer.   

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the deal... that kid didn't catch it at practice. As of now, we haven't found the first kid who WAS infected while practicing.  So why cancel it all now?

I don't have all of the answers.... And yes, some kids will eventually catch it thru contact in sports.  Some kids will die in car wrecks, too.... we aren't making a decision to just start walking everywhere.  It's about how much risk is acceptable risk.  Hiding out for 6 more months isn't the answer.  A vaccine isn't the answer.   

Agreed, but at this point, we do need an answer.  Folks are trying to come up with one on the fly.  

Usually don’t discuss politics, but the POTUS did fire the pandemic team that was in place just for an occasion like this. 🤷🏾‍♂️

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

THIS!  This is what I told my college kids they want to go hang with their friends and go to the beach and such.  But you go to work.  I HAVE to go to work.  You don’t have to go party and hang out with other irresponsible college kids...

That's what I'm saying, and forgive me if I do take this to heart because like I said I've decon alot of places and seen things I hope none you will have to see, and I just don't want us as whole in that position. I really hope there is a season I really do. But you guys know it will be some more positive test and if it's too many people will panic, teams will start canceling games and not wanna play with a team that had a player test positive if we get the far.

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Agreed, but at this point, we do need an answer.  Folks are trying to come up with one on the fly.  

Usually don’t discuss politics, but the POTUS did fire the pandemic team that was in place just for an occasion like this. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The problem is this.... people who work in the medical field see this one way.  It's seen a completely different way by people who work in business.  People who are still drawing a check see it different than a guy whose business is shuttered.  

Sometimes there are no answers.  Sometimes we just get a reminder that we are a part of the animal kingdom and disease is a reality that we forget about.  

A surgeon can tell you exactly how to avoid catching the thing.  He'd recommend that you scrub your hands for 20 minutes, wear a mask and gown, clean every surface with antibacterial disinfectants and never leave the sterile environment of an operating room.  He wouldn't be wrong.  Except we can't all do that.  

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What if you provide for your family through sports?  Or any other industry shuttered by the fear of the virus?  

Man you know pro athletes get paid regardless the union will see to that I can't believe I had to post this. If those over paid chumps handnt put any money up then that's their fault anyway. 

8 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Man you know pro athletes get paid regardless the union will see to that I can't believe I had to post this. If those over paid chumps handnt put any money up then that's their fault anyway. 

Should high school coaches still be paid a coaching stipend when they aren't coaching?  Should we even be paying head coaches (guys that don't teach) at all if sports are canceled?  Should school bus drivers get paid if they don't drive buses any more?  These are real questions that will get real answers as the taxes paid into the schools dry up because of a failing economy. 

And no, the pro athletes aren't getting paid right now.  The big fight in baseball is whether or not to honor their contracts if play resumes.  To illustrate... If they're only going to play 1/2 of their games, they should draw 50% of their pay, right?  Wrong.  Because there will be no revenue generated in an empty stadium.  No tickets sales, no concessions, no merchandise, no parking.... The teams can't afford to pay players what they would have been paid in front of a crowd.  It's basic math... that's why they aren't resuming play without fans unless the players come off of their money.  

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Should high school coaches still be paid a coaching stipend when they aren't coaching?  Should we even be paying head coaches (guys that don't teach) at all if sports are canceled?  Should school bus drivers get paid if they don't drive buses any more?  These are real questions that will get real answers as the taxes paid into the schools dry up because of a failing economy. 

And no, the pro athletes aren't getting paid right now.  The big fight in baseball is whether or not to honor their contracts if play resumes.  To illustrate... If they're only going to play 1/2 of their games, they should draw 50% of their pay, right?  Wrong.  Because there will be no revenue generated in an empty stadium.  No tickets sales, no concessions, no merchandise, no parking.... The teams can't afford to pay players what they would have been paid in front of a crowd.  It's basic math... that's why they aren't resuming play without fans unless the players come off of their money.  

Their on a contract as well buddy 

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Going to work and providing for your family is the only risk anybody should be taking. Not sports. 

I respect your views and fully understand your concern. I’m concerned too. But I think that our kids are the least at risk. I think the “at risk “ population (elderly, diabetics, morbidly obese, etc) need to govern their own exposure to the point of quarantining and testing if they deem necessary. The numbers ARE going to go up as we all return to work, to social events, to church. Just like colds, flu, staph infection, STD’s and the like will increase as exposure increases. Approx 36% of all teen deaths are attributable to car accidents, but I’ve heard of no one trying to stop teens from driving. Almost no Healthy teens have died from COVID-19, but everyone seems willing to “shut ‘er down”. This viral disease has a real good PR guy that, in my opinion, has done much more harm than good. 
In my opinion, this is how we settle both fronts:

Please wash your hands. 
Please stay away from the elderly and the sick. 
Please limit your exposure to known COVID-19 patients. 
Please live a normal and full life believing that God gave his only son so that you may have Eternal life. 
Luke 12:6-7
“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.”

Now let’s get back to work and everything else. 

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

You telling me to just keep, going and shutting down for two weeks every time a case pops up. You do realize the cdc uil and anybody in there right mind is going to sit up there  and let that happen. I don't even have a child out there and its seems I'm more concerned than most parents. Throwing more gasoline on the fire is not the answer. 

You do know that fireman intentionally start small fires to help put out the big fire.

I want football as much as anyone on the planet! We must move on in life and pray for the best with our young kiddos and supporting community. This virus is going to continue to spread. SO CALLED EXPERTS say another 100K Americans will die from the virus. COVID does not discriminate. It can sicken the healthiest athlete as well as the many people with underlying issues. I saw where there are college athletes that have the virus now. This is scary! I am at a complete loss here. I officiate HS football and wonder how we will protect ourselves as well. I am not a young man by any means. Here is the article i read this morning about college athletes and the virus. Man it takes one and the chances of another catching it highly likely with all of the contact! What in the world do we do ?

This is the hidden content, please

45 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

I want football as much as anyone on the planet! We must move on in life and pray for the best with our young kiddos and supporting community. This virus is going to continue to spread. SO CALLED EXPERTS say another 100K Americans will die from the virus. COVID does not discriminate. It can sicken the healthiest athlete as well as the many people with underlying issues. I saw where there are college athletes that have the virus now. This is scary! I am at a complete loss here. I officiate HS football and wonder how we will protect ourselves as well. I am not a young man by any means. Here is the article i read this morning about college athletes and the virus. Man it takes one and the chances of another catching it highly likely with all of the contact! What in the world do we do ?

This is the hidden content, please

We live our lives and not in fear. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

We live our lives and not in fear. 

Smashmouth...........Really its not about living life in fear. Its being conscious of our surroundings and making good sound decisions. I totally agree we must move on and athletics has and will be a big part of my life til i leave this earth.  What is great about this conversation and everyone's opinion is its keeping me, you and everyone else on the board AWARE. I go to the gym each and every day since its been open, and I see people making efforts at returning to some sort of normal life . I see people taking the time to wipe equipment before and after and social distancing is definitely in place. God lets just pray this virus dies down and we have no tragedies to speak of in a few months. Dont live in fear but be aware! Everyone take care!

4 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Their on a contract as well buddy 

That's not how contracts work, buddy...  If you have a contract and don't perform the duty that you promised, then your contract becomes unenforceable, generally speaking.  That's why everybody talks about "game checks" in the pros, buddy.... you get paid for performing.   If you don't perform the duty that you were giving in exchange for the consideration (money, in this case), you don't get the money, buddy.

46 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

Smashmouth...........Really its not about living life in fear. Its being conscious of our surroundings and making good sound decisions. I totally agree we must move on and athletics has and will be a big part of my life til i leave this earth.  What is great about this conversation and everyone's opinion is its keeping me, you and everyone else on the board AWARE. I go to the gym each and every day since its been open, and I see people making efforts at returning to some sort of normal life . I see people taking the time to wipe equipment before and after and social distancing is definitely in place. God lets just pray this virus dies down and we have no tragedies to speak of in a few months. Dont live in fear but be aware! Everyone take care!

Agreed. Your words “This is scary! I am at a complete loss here...  What in the world do we do ?” Made me think of the phrase “living in fear”.  Sorry if I was mistaken. 

We are going to have to move forward at some point but there has to be a plan put together for that motion. I think we should probably focus on more strict quarantine of the people who test positive. Not to make them feel like they’re being punished or ostracized but just for the general well being of the public. Instead they they send the people who have tested positive home without notifying us who they are while telling them to “self quarantine”. They don’t always follow those instructions and that’s what makes the virus hard to contain in my opinion 

22 hours ago, Setx fan said:

We are going to have to move forward at some point but there has to be a plan put together for that motion. I think we should probably focus on more strict quarantine of the people who test positive. Not to make them feel like they’re being punished or ostracized but just for the general well being of the public. Instead they they send the people who have tested positive home without notifying us who they are while telling them to “self quarantine”. They don’t always follow those instructions and that’s what makes the virus hard to contain in my opinion 

Well if we were all like adrian monk we wouldn't have anything to worry about. 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, Setx fan said:

I have no idea who that is or what you mean by that statement lol 

You have never seen the tv show monk, the world's greatest detective but is scare to death of everything, even milk he doesn't shake hands without a wipe, cod real bad etc. The theme song is called it's a jungle out there.

19 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

You have never seen the tv show monk, the world's greatest detective but is scare to death of everything, even milk he doesn't shake hands without a wipe, cod real bad etc. The theme song is called it's a jungle out there.

You sure he’s not ocd?

37 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Ok that makes sense lol