Summer Workouts

NetCat

All this hard work for a second spread of the virus. And now another outbreak of Ebola, flu season is coming along with hurricanes, they will be lucky to play  two games this season. We need get a hold of what's really going on. I've been on the front lines deconing seeing young and old with this sickness and you guys are telling me that you care more about football then what's going on. Have the kids been tested, what about everyone that's going to be around your kids. Your kidding if you think this is the cure. 

10 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

All this hard work for a second spread of the virus. And now another outbreak of Ebola, flu season is coming along with hurricanes, they will be lucky to play  two games this season. We need get a hold of what's really going on. I've been on the front lines deconing seeing young and old with this sickness and you guys are telling me that you care more about football then what's going on. Have the kids been tested, what about everyone that's going to be around your kids. Your kidding if you think this is the cure. 

The WHO just recently said that Asymptomatic spread of corona is very unlikely. I think things will be ok. If your sick.... stay home. It’s not that hard.

12 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

You’re a silly boy... Let’s just shut everything down forever, right? My son started summer workouts yesterday morning. He’s one of the most important things in my life, and I would give my life to save his. No hesitation. You need to worry about your family and your kids and leave the parenting of my kids to me. Get your head out of the sand (and your butt) and learn the facts. Young healthy teen athletes have almost no chance of serious health issues or death from the China virus. Go spout your crap somewhere else. And leave my child out of your fear driven comments. 

12 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

So it's not ok to get out for football...but protests that pack tons of people together isn't a problem? If we get a second round of the virus that's why. 

38 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re a silly boy... Let’s just shut everything down forever, right? My son started summer workouts yesterday morning. He’s one of the most important things in my life, and I would give my life to save his. No hesitation. You need to worry about your family and your kids and leave the parenting of my kids to me. Get your head out of the sand (and your butt) and learn the facts. Young healthy teen athletes have almost no chance of serious health issues or death from the China virus. Go spout your crap somewhere else. And leave my child out of your fear driven comments. 

Perfectly said. Thank you!

Guys, this is a real sensitive matter.  People have their own opinions.  People will do what’s best for them and their families.  But let’s not belittle or be insensitive to someone that don’t show your thoughts.  

Also for whatever it’s worth, I think there are bigger things at play here besides football.  Put the safeguards in place.  If it’s PROVEN to keep ALL the kids healthy, then press forward. If not, don’t start football yet. And ummmmm.... its call the COVID-19 or Coronavirus, not China Virus (IMO, very insensitive and disrespectful to Chinese Americans and Chinese people in general)

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Guys, this is a real sensitive matter.  People have their own opinions.  People will do what’s best for them and their families.  But let’s not belittle or be insensitive to someone that don’t show your thoughts.  

Also for whatever it’s worth, I think there are bigger things at play here besides football.  Put the safeguards in place.  If it’s PROVEN to keep ALL the kids healthy, then press forward. If not, don’t start football yet. And ummmmm.... its call the COVID-19 or Coronavirus, not China Virus (IMO, very insensitive and disrespectful to Chinese Americans and Chinese people in general)

Sir, with all respect, I referred to it’s point of origin. I did not call it the Chinese virus. I called it the China virus. Just like they had and still refer to Spanish Flu, German Measles, etc. . I mean no insensitivity or disrespect to any Chinese person whatsoever.

On the real issue, I agree, if our kids are proven to not be safe, then football or any other sport is not worth the risk. Mr. Attitude is ready to pull the plug on these kids‘ happiness and downright livelihood and freedom with no support for his position.  On top of that, he said, “...youguys are telling me that you care more about football then what's going on.”

I would not be a man if I didn’t passionately answer his insinuation that I (We) care more about football than my son’s well-being. 
Thank you. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Sir, with all respect, I referred to it’s point of origin. I did not call it the Chinese virus. I called it the China virus. Just like they had and still refer to Spanish Flu, German Measles, etc. . I mean no insensitivity or disrespect to any Chinese person whatsoever.

On the real issue, I agree, if our kids are proven to not be safe, then football or any other sport is not worth the risk. Mr. Attitude is ready to pull the plug on these kids‘ happiness and downright livelihood and freedom with no support for his position.  On top of that, he said, “...youguys are telling me that you care more about football then what's going on.”

I would not be a man if I didn’t passionately answer his insinuation that I (We) care more about football than my son’s well-being. 
Thank you. 

Understood.

39 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Like I  said if you wanna have sports the everyone should be tested that's all I'm saying. All sports,  on all levels leave nothing to chance if you don't, wos will not be the only one it's just the first of many. 

Do you test them everyday?

8 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Do you test them everyday?

My friend I have no idea . But I do think we should have took more time to figure this out.  I didn't even think wouldn't even be any school right off let alone sports. I know people that go in for cancer treatments get tested everyday. I know they tested a 1130 MLS players in a soccer league but I don't think think they did it everyday. Imagine if that what have during school and he had been to classroom, hallways etc. The whole school would have been shutdown. so I ask I'm asking you guys opinions about this what should be done. Test everyone or just keep shutting down every time somebody test positive for two weeks at a time. Because you guy's don't wanna here my answer. 

11 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

My friend I have no idea . But I do think we should have took more time to figure this out.  I didn't even think wouldn't even be any school right off let alone sports. I know people that go in for cancer treatments get tested everyday. I know they tested a 1130 MLS players in a soccer league but I don't think think they did it everyday. Imagine if that what have during school and he had been to classroom, hallways etc. The whole school would have been shutdown. so I ask I'm asking you guys opinions about this what should be done. Test everyone or just keep shutting down every time somebody test positive for two weeks at a time. Because you guy's don't wanna here my answer. 

Great post.  

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Great post.  

Look I get it. We want action and nobody loves high sports more than I but, not at someone's childs expense. I really feel bad for the bridge city baseball team. Nobody was going to stand in their way to a state championship. But the rona had other ideas. Maybe we  should take another month off and  try this again. I'm at a loss. Mabe play only district that we could push the workouts back some more or the alternative, shut it all down til 2021 which could be a possibility if this doesn't get any better. We had 2000 more cases in Texas I believe this past week.

I think this is how we'll have to handle things going forward.  We can't just cancel life.... We'll have to be proactive when cases pop up, but things have to remain open.  

And at some point we're just going to have to determine if the risk(s) are worth it.  This virus is here to stay.  There's not a vaccine that's gonna alleviate it.... Just like we haven't found one that will stop the spread of the flu.  

Either start figuring out how to deal with the risk or raze the stadiums and concert halls nationwide.  Those are pretty much the only options left. 

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think this is how we'll have to handle things going forward.  We can't just cancel life.... We'll have to be proactive when cases pop up, but things have to remain open.  

And at some point we're just going to have to determine if the risk(s) are worth it.  This virus is here to stay.  There's not a vaccine that's gonna alleviate it.... Just like we haven't found one that will stop the spread of the flu.  

Either start figuring out how to deal with the risk or raze the stadiums and concert halls nationwide.  Those are pretty much the only options left. 

Exactly. 

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You telling me to just keep, going and shutting down for two weeks every time a case pops up. You do realize the cdc uil and anybody in there right mind is going to sit up there  and let that happen. I don't even have a child out there and its seems I'm more concerned than most parents. Throwing more gasoline on the fire is not the answer. 

1 minute ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

You telling me to just keep, going and shutting down for two weeks every time a case pops up. You do realize the cdc uil and anybody in there right mind is going to sit up there  and let that happen. I don't even have a child out there and its seems I'm more concerned than most parents. Throwing more gasoline on the fire is not the answer. 

We have to learn how to live with this virus. Like it was said earlier... it’s not going anywhere. We have to keep everything moving forward. Now how that’s done? I don’t really know lol

51 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Look I get it. We want action and nobody loves high sports more than I but, not at someone's childs expense. I really feel bad for the bridge city baseball team. Nobody was going to stand in their way to a state championship. But the rona had other ideas. Maybe we  should take another month off and  try this again. I'm at a loss. Mabe play only district that we could push the workouts back some more or the alternative, shut it all down til 2021 which could be a possibility if this doesn't get any better. We had 2000 more cases in Texas I believe this past week.

I share your exact sentiments.  At this point, based on what just happened with the WO-S football team, this will get worse before It gets better. And we have 3 teams (WB, BU, and Vidor) that’s scheduled to begin practices on the 15th...

1 minute ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Going to work and providing for your family is the only risk anybody should be taking. Not sports. 

THIS!  This is what I told my college kids they want to go hang with their friends and go to the beach and such.  But you go to work.  I HAVE to go to work.  You don’t have to go party and hang out with other irresponsible college kids...