Nice FSSW Bush Interview

• 1 month later...

If he wasn't going far away, I wish he was headed to Lamar. At least I'll get to see him twice a year.

Talented kid. I hope he makes a lot of programs regret passing on him, including the one in Beaumont.

If he was offered Lamar, I can't blame him for wanting to get away from home. Lake Charles is far enough away from Silsbee to force you to find new friends and grow out of your comfort zone. 

A talented kid that grows up in your backyard, you at least gotta ask, even if they're dead set on leaving home.

On 7/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, Lions Pride 2021 said:

If he wasn't going far away, I wish he was headed to Lamar. At least I'll get to see him twice a year.

Talented kid. I hope he makes a lot of programs regret passing on him, including the one in Beaumont.

If he was offered Lamar, I can't blame him for wanting to get away from home. Lake Charles is far enough away from Silsbee to force you to find new friends and grow out of your comfort zone. 

A talented kid that grows up in your backyard, you at least gotta ask, even if they're dead set on leaving home.

He was offered by Lamar.  Teams only have so many spots at so many positions.  Harrison from United committed first and took that spot.  Just how it works.  For what it’s worth, Kasen is a better fit for the Cards and Braelon is a better for what McNeese does.  Imo anyway. 

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

He was offered by Lamar.  Teams only have so many spots at so many positions.  Harrison from United committed first and took that spot.  Just how it works.  For what it’s worth, Kasen is a better fit for the Cards and Braelon is a better for what McNeese does.  Imo anyway. 

I had “ heard” that SFA was in the mix also. Not sure if Nigel Hawkins or Jalen  Posey was a factor or not. I was hoping he would be a Jack....Talking to Huntington coach the other day and he believes Bush was the best guard in Texas. 

5 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I feel better that Lamar did it's due diligence. I know its hard to convince a kid to stay at home. But for a long time, it seemed they didn't even try. 

Thanks for the update

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Price.  But even those who may not should appreciate the decided effort he’s made to keep our local kids local.  And he’s been successful while doing it.