Minneapolis

NetCat

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I saw where JR Smith kicked the crap out of a guy that just knocked a window out of JR’s truck. I’m totally fine with that.  Good for him. 

He posted a clip defending his actions and I’m like “who cares? You’re good, man...” Then he lets loose with the “M_____r F______g white boy” blast and I’m like.... “whoa.”

If JJ Watt did the same thing to a black looter and said he’d done it to a “M______f F_______g black boy,” JJ Watt would never play another snap in the NFL. He’d be a racist. 

Anybody disagree?

Absolutely no disagreement here.  

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I know what they mean, but thank you, honey baby. I just think your attempts at self-importance are funny.

From “Psychology Today” regarding insecure people

They exaggerate or exploit their accomplishments on social media. 

People striving for superiority aren’t 

This is the hidden content, please
 about broadcasting their renown. On sites such as social media sites, ...they’ll list every single skill that they believe they possess, or ever have possessed.

I’m sure you’re a wonderful man. The important thing is for YOU to genuinely feel the same. 

I’m definitely no boilermaker. I don’t possess those skills. Wish I did. 

P.S. I like the use of terms of endearment.  They make me feel all tingly. 😍

Do I not have a right to convey my opinion on this and any other subject? I do not live in Nederland, but I have 3 properties in Nederland and pay my fair share of taxes there. I am also in the construction industry and have a vast knowledge of how long it takes to build anything from a dog house, to a home to a refinery... I have worked on many municipal projects and understand theIr ineptness ofdoing anything in a timely fashion. 
🤔 hmmm.

It appeared some of you were really excited the Hennipan County Medical Examiner’s preliminary findings seemed to support a cause of death other than the officer’s excessive force.   What many of you probably don’t know is often times a county coroner is not even a medical doctor.  What I can tell you is this - doctor or not, whatever hump is the medical examiner in this Minnesota county, his qualifications and expertise will assuredly pale in comparison to Dr. Michael Baden, one of the independent ME’s in this case.  He is one of, if not THE most respected in the world in this field.  Sorry if anyone’s bubble was bursted. 

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It appeared some of you were really excited the Hennipan County Medical Examiner’s preliminary findings seemed to support a cause of death other than the officer’s excessive force.   What many of you probably don’t know is often times a county coroner is not even a medical doctor.  What I can tell you is this - doctor or not, whatever hump is the medical examiner in this Minnesota county, his qualifications and expertise will assuredly pale in comparison to Dr. Michael Baden, one of the independent ME’s in this case.  He is one of, if not THE most respected in the world in this field.  Sorry if anyone’s bubble was bursted. 

My heart goes out to this young man. You won’t find many that will admit when they are wrong. They will continue to deflect and point fingers. 

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

"Baden, who was New York's medical examiner in 1978 and 1979, had previously performed independent autopsies on Eric Garner, who was killed by a police officer in Staten Island, New York, in 2014 and Michael Brown, who was shot by officers in Ferguson, Missouri, that same year."

Geez, I wonder what Ben Crump was paying him to say? 

Baden said Floyd was in good health before his death and said the video of his death showed the compression of his neck and back very clearly.

Wilson said toxicology reports and other examinations are still ongoing and acknowledged that since they conducted a second autopsy, as the medical examiner had done one previously, they did not have access to Floyd's tissue samples in their original state.

Secondly, they basically state that "we didn't get our results from the autopsy, but from watching the video."

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

"Baden, who was New York's medical examiner in 1978 and 1979, had previously performed independent autopsies on Eric Garner, who was killed by a police officer in Staten Island, New York, in 2014 and Michael Brown, who was shot by officers in Ferguson, Missouri, that same year."

Baden said Floyd was in good health before his death and said the video of his death showed the compression of his neck and back very clearly.

Wilson said toxicology reports and other examinations are still ongoing and acknowledged that since they conducted a second autopsy, as the medical examiner had done one previously, they did not have access to Floyd's tissue samples in their original state.

Secondly, they basically state that "we didn't get our results from the autopsy, but from watching the video."

Baden will say what you want him to say. I saw him on FNC say that he couldn’t tell if Michael Brown has his hands up. He could tell because the crime scene diagrams and photos should what happened. Baden ignored what didn’t fit his case. Be cherry picks what he needs to make bus case. 

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you draw from not having tissue samples that they just watched the video?  

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Baden will say what you want him to say. I saw him on FNC say that he couldn’t tell if Michael Brown has his hands up. He could tell because the crime scene diagrams and photos should what happened. Baden ignored what didn’t fit his case. Be cherry picks what he needs to make bus case. 

He’s a hired expert but to say he will just say whatever you want him to say?  Some would say the same thing about cops and prosecutors.  I wouldn’t.  

Bottom line:  you guys take the hump County ME and I will take Baden.  I like my chances in court.  A LOT. 

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

Do I not have a right to convey my opinion on this and any other subject? I do not live in Nederland, but I have 3 properties in Nederland and pay my fair share of taxes there. I am also in the construction industry and have a vast knowledge of how long it takes to build anything from a dog house, to a home to a refinery... I have worked on many municipal projects and understand theIr ineptness ofdoing anything in a timely fashion. 
🤔 hmmm.

You’re silly. I didn’t give unnecessary credentials or my pay scale. I guess you just haven’t had enough of showing your arse. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

He’s a hired expert but to say he will just say whatever you want him to say?  Some would say the same thing about cops and prosecutors.  I wouldn’t.  

Bottom line:  you guys take the hump County ME and I will take Baden.  I like my chances in court.  A LOT. 

The guy who was an ME for New York in '78 and '79 and gets hired by Ben Crump every single time one of these things happens?

I would gladly consider any real evidence that he had exposed.  But he brought nothing.... other than "we watched the video" and "I don't expect the toxicology reports to change my mind. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re silly. I didn’t give unnecessary credentials or my pay scale. I guess you just haven’t had enough of showing your arse. 

When he said 'I can't breathe,' unfortunately, many police are under impression that if you can talk that means you're breathing. That is not true," he said during the news conference.
Everything I stated was true from the blood choke to agonal breathing. You my friend are your mothers child.

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The guy who was an ME for New York in '78 and '79 and gets hired by Ben Crump every single time one of these things happens?

I would gladly consider any real evidence that he had exposed.  But he brought nothing.... other than "we watched the video" and "I don't expect the toxicology reports to change my mind. 

Thanks for pointing out he is 40 years removed from when he held a similar position as the county ME in Hennipan County (although I would imagine it’s a tougher gig to get in NY than Minnesota).  That’s a great point. 

And because a high profile attorney chooses to hire the best in the biz?   The shame!   Again, I’m sorry the evidence may not support the black dude deserved it (and the cop was simply mentally retarded) but you may have to live with that fact.  Ultimately, no one is going to be asking you (or me, for that matter), to consider any evidence.  

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Never said you did. I said hmmm. 
You got that much out of hmmm?

36 minutes ago, Law Man said:

When he said 'I can't breathe,' unfortunately, many police are under impression that if you can talk that means you're breathing. That is not true," he said during the news conference.
Everything I stated was true from the blood choke to agonal breathing. You my friend are your mothers child.

Yes I am. She was one of the greatest humans I’ve ever known. Shoe could have taught you humility among other things. Hell, even your handle is an attempt to let us all know who you are. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yes I am. She was one of the greatest humans I’ve ever known. Shoe could have taught you humility among other things. Hell, even your handle is an attempt to let us all know who you are. 

Awww, precious.

59 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I watched him tell obvious lies on national television.  His conclusion was, it can’t be determined. Well... yes it can and was.   Baden said that from the angle of the bullets it could have happened 3 direct ways. That is true.... if you ignore the rest of the scene. To not tell the entire story in order to stir up controversy is a lie.  Baden lied. 

59 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I watched him tell obvious lies on national television.  His conclusion was, it can’t be determined. Well... yes it can and was.   Baden said that from the angle of the bullets it could have happened 3 direct ways. That is true.... if you ignore the rest of the scene. To not tell the entire story in order to stir up controversy is a lie.  Baden lied. 

I understand your opinion.  And I would further assume because you disagree with his assessment in that case and believe he purposefully lied, you would not trust his opinion in any case.  Fair enough.  I have used the same argument against many cops who were caught “lying” (under oath) over the years.

That doesn’t change the fact that Baden might be the most respected forensic pathologist in the world.  There’s a reason he’s called into most high profile cases.  He was the one who opined recently that Jeffrey Epstein was murdered and did not commit suicide after performing an independent ME.  (And when I read his report and his medical conclusions, I tend to agree with him.).  And as someone who has performed over 20,000 autopsies, again, his opinion is going to carry more weight with most than your typical coroner.  And it would certainly carry more weight than the opinion of a lawyer or a cop as to the medical cause of death.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I understand your opinion.  And I would further assume because you disagree with his assessment in that case and believe he purposefully lied, you would not trust his opinion in any case.  Fair enough.  I have used the same argument against many cops who were caught “lying” (under oath) over the years.

That doesn’t change the fact that Baden might be the most respected forensic pathologist in the world.  There’s a reason he’s called into most high profile cases.  He was the one who opined recently that Jeffrey Epstein was murdered and did not commit suicide after performing an independent ME.  (And when I read his report and his medical conclusions, I tend to agree with him.).  And as someone who has performed over 20,000 autopsies, again, his opinion is going to carry more weight with most than your typical coroner.  And it would certainly carry more weight than the opinion of a lawyer or a cop as to the medical cause of death.  

Booya!

(Doesn't make him right though)

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Thanks for pointing out he is 40 years removed from when he held a similar position as the county ME in Hennipan County (although I would imagine it’s a tougher gig to get in NY than Minnesota).  That’s a great point. 

And because a high profile attorney chooses to hire the best in the biz?   The shame!   Again, I’m sorry the evidence may not support the black dude deserved it (and the cop was simply mentally retarded) but you may have to live with that fact.  Ultimately, no one is going to be asking you (or me, for that matter), to consider any evidence.  

Here’s the difference. I welcome other perspectives. I would get a boner you could hang a five rail gate from if they’d come up with ANYTHING in the report that would contradict the one prepared by the actual ME up there. 
 But they didn’t. The “best in the biz” couldn’t find a single thing with Mr Floyd laying right there in front of him. He had to look at the video and make an assumption based on nothing. 
He also claimed that Floyd died of asphyxiation, but then came back and described a blood choke-which wasn’t what happened. Dr Bader could have asked any 8 year old with a yellow belt in BJJ.  Closing off ONE carotid won’t even make you dizzy.  And if you close off both, you’re unconscious within seconds... less than 30. Blood choke didn’t happen. 

I knew his report was gonna be contradictory... I just wish it came with something more than just his purchased opinion. 

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here’s the difference. I welcome other perspectives. I would get a boner you could hang a five rail gate from if they’d come up with ANYTHING in the report that would contradict the one prepared by the actual ME up there. 
 But they didn’t. The “best in the biz” couldn’t find a single thing with Mr Floyd laying right there in front of him. He had to look at the video and make an assumption based on nothing. 
He also claimed that Floyd died of asphyxiation, but then came back and described a blood choke-which wasn’t what happened. Dr Bader could have asked any 8 year old with a yellow belt in BJJ.  Closing off ONE carotid won’t even make you dizzy.  And if you close off both, you’re unconscious within seconds... less than 30. Blood choke didn’t happen. 

I knew his report was gonna be contradictory... I just wish it came with something more than just his purchased opinion. 

It was as contradictory as the quoted post is.  The initial ME was as hacky as one might expect from a play doctor.  Albeit one who had the full benefit of a physical exam that the real doctor did not.   If you didn’t find anything of merit in Baden’s, methinks you are rooting for a certain outcome that is contrary to what you claim. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

It was as contradictory as the quoted post is.  The initial ME was as hacky as one might expect from a play doctor.  Albeit one who had the full benefit of a physical exam that the real doctor did not.   If you didn’t find anything of merit in Baden’s, methinks you are rooting for a certain outcome that is contrary to what you claim. 

One was backed with evidence (or lack thereof) and the other drew a conclusion based on emotion. 

Like I said.... he did an exam and found nothing... just like the first one. Only difference is that one based his opinion on an actual autopsy of Mr Floyd and the other analyzed a cell phone video to draw his conclusion.

It sounds like you’re the one whose fairy tale came true today. In your own mind, anyways.