Minneapolis

NetCat

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

So again, is this about white oppression over blacks, or is this just another opportunity to attack the white man? I wonder what color the person was who killed this black police officer? Funny how the news ALWAYS tells the color of the WHITE cop killing the BLACK man. That is never left out. Can’t you see when you are being led on a political journey, or do you simply need a big screen TV?

Federal Protective Service officer killed in Oakland shooting during George Floyd protest identified

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

No doubt the media has an agenda when it comes to these cases.  I’m simply taking this case and looking at it by itself.  That others use these cases as an opportunity to divide and riot is pathetic.

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No doubt the media has an agenda when it comes to these cases.  I’m simply taking this case and looking at it by itself.  That others use these cases as an opportunity to divide and riot is pathetic.

I know where you stand and have no problem with it. I hate that this guy died, especially if the cop caused his death. However, I look at the big picture and see multiple things that have nothing to do with this guy’s death. I would hope that black people would be outraged by the political agenda being advanced under the guise of avenging this man’s death. Don’t they even scratch their heads, or are they hell bent on destroying their own freakin’ neighborhoods?

On 5/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, tvc184 said:

Where is this that looters can be shot?

I may be wrong, but it seems like one ot two of the recent hurricane disasters (evacuations) that it was announced looters would be shot.   I’m old and forgetful, but perhaps you can remember.

46 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I may be wrong, but it seems like one ot two of the recent hurricane disasters (evacuations) that it was announced looters would be shot.   I’m old and forgetful, but perhaps you can remember.

I thought I remembered something similar. 

4 hours ago, Law Man said:

A small fraction of officers  believe that if people don’t complain, you are not doing your job. It all goes back to training, accountability and integrity.

Small percentages can be deadly to certain segments of the general public. Remember the coronavirus?

But seriously, Mr. @Law Man, when you were investigated. Was there a psychological assessment? Or any form of retaining?

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

17 complaints against him over nearly 20 years of his service, all but one of which ended without disciplinary action.

@tvc184 @Law Man

Is this a typical number of complaints? What would be considered excessive?

It depends on where you work and what reporting requirements they have. Is it a “complaint” or just a use of force. Our current use of force (called response to resistance) is documented any time we use any force other than just the suspect submitting to being handcuffed. If that was in place when I first started (36+ years ago), I would have had a use of force almost every week and sometimes more than one a night.

Or are try taking about an actual complaint like a person or officer actually filed an excessive force complaint. I have been involved in more than one shooting incident and been to the hospital multiple times in the line of duty and think I have had one complaint that I used to much force. Strangely, in that case I used no force but made what I thought was a reasonable threat. His complaint was roughly, the officer told me that if I tried to hurt him (me), he was going to hurt me worse. Yes, that was the actual complaint... kind of cleaned up for language.

So in this case, that is a lot of outside complaints if it is for improper force. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t use lawful force but it would beat looking into. 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Really? Cop kills man for racist rants and you feel it was justified. Did you know he was from the whitest town in texas? Your beloved BC. 

If that's the best thing you learned from your higher education at LU. Congratulations, u mite b more smarter then ne1 thot.

I read all 20 something witness statements from that case and I think one person backed up Whitehead’s side of events. The others either agreed with Arnold or didn’t agree with him but gave information that backed his version. Like, the officer was wrong and he..   then went on to describe the incident which backed the officer. Those statements were like, I disagree with the officer, because he is a cop or shot my friend... but this is what I saw. I have taken two statements against officers in my career where the witnesses literally said, the officer was wrong, then went on to state facts that made the officer correct. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Going by Texas law, there are specifically stated uses of deadly force for protection of property only. A person “may” be able to use df for property however  the statements that looters can  be shot because they are committing theft is not correct.  

officer: why did You shoot him?

shooter: he was stealing.

OOPS!!

I saw where JR Smith kicked the crap out of a guy that just knocked a window out of JR’s truck. I’m totally fine with that.  Good for him. 

He posted a clip defending his actions and I’m like “who cares? You’re good, man...” Then he lets loose with the “M_____r F______g white boy” blast and I’m like.... “whoa.”

If JJ Watt did the same thing to a black looter and said he’d done it to a “M______f F_______g black boy,” JJ Watt would never play another snap in the NFL. He’d be a racist. 

Anybody disagree?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Small percentages can be deadly to certain segments of the general public. Remember the coronavirus?

But seriously, Mr. @Law Man, when you were investigated. Was there a psychological assessment? Or any form of retaining?

Both cases were cleared by OIA. The cases never made it to OIG. No psychological assessment or any form of retaining.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I saw where JR Smith kicked the crap out of a guy that just knocked a window out of JR’s truck. I’m totally fine with that.  Good for him. 

He posted a clip defending his actions and I’m like “who cares? You’re good, man...” Then he lets loose with the “M_____r F______g white boy” blast and I’m like.... “whoa.”

If JJ Watt did the same thing to a black looter and said he’d done it to a “M______f F_______g black boy,” JJ Watt would never play another snap in the NFL. He’d be a racist. 

Anybody disagree?

I’ll bite, no, I don’t disagree.

That’s the sad environment we’re dealing with...won’t stop me from looking at things from what I feel is a non-racist view.

Can’t do anything about the other knuckleheads.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Does that mean that since there were no repercussions from the OIA or the OIG that they weren’t really like OMG cases?

I’m sorry sweetie,  (OIA) Office of Internal Affairs, (OIG) Office Of Inspector General. I almost forgot I was speaking to a boilermaker. Way above my pay grade. 🙂

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

I’m sorry sweetie,  (OIA) Office of Internal Affairs, (OIG) Office Of Inspector General. I almost forgot I was speaking to a boilermaker. Way above my pay grade. 🙂

I know what they mean, but thank you, honey baby. I just think your attempts at self-importance are funny.

From “Psychology Today” regarding insecure people

They exaggerate or exploit their accomplishments on social media. 

People striving for superiority aren’t 

about broadcasting their renown. On sites such as social media sites, ...they’ll list every single skill that they believe they possess, or ever have possessed.

I’m sure you’re a wonderful man. The important thing is for YOU to genuinely feel the same. 

I’m definitely no boilermaker. I don’t possess those skills. Wish I did. 

P.S. I like the use of terms of endearment.  They make me feel all tingly. 😍

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I know what they mean, but thank you. I just think your attempts at self-importance are funny.

From “Psychology Today” regarding insecure people

They exaggerate or exploit their accomplishments on social media. 

People striving for superiority aren’t 

about broadcasting their renown. On sites such as social media sites, ...they’ll list every single skill that they believe they possess, or ever have possessed.

I’m sure you’re a wonderful man. The important thing is for YOU to genuinely feel the same. 

I’m definitely no boilermaker. I don’t possess those skills. Wish I did. 

Feel for the young man who lost his life.
I’m sure you are a good man and you can build a chemical plant and make wonderful drinks. You own three properties in Nederland and make a lot of money. I will definitely keep you posted when I someday make it to your standards. Thank you for the pep talk. 

6 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Feel for the young man who lost his life.
I’m sure you are a good man and you can build a chemical plant and make wonderful drinks. You own three properties in Nederland and make a lot of money. I will definitely keep you posted when I someday make it to your standards. Thank you for the pep talk. 

I do feel for the man who lost his life. How is that comment relevant? And I never said I made a lot of money. I don’t need to do all those things. My standards are pretty low too, by the way. Lol. Can we still call each other sweet names?

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I do feel for the man who lost his life. How is that comment relevant? And I never said I made a lot of money. I don’t need to do all those things. My standards are pretty low too, by the way. Lol. Can we still call each other sweet names?

You are right. I was wrong.