Minneapolis

NetCat

The closest thing I've seen was an upheaval at Lamar U.  It was like in the spring.  The new thing that was sweeping the nation was streaking, or taking your clothes off and running naked.  It was laughed at then.  Try it now and society will call you crazy.  

Anyway, I was a junior in high school.  I drove over to Beaumont as soon as school was out.  I had a feeling something was going to happen there regarding streaking.  Sure enough there was a big crowd on a main part of campus.  I think it was on University at E Lavaca.   I parked somewhere that I could get back to quickly.

There were all these prosperous middle class college kids.  When a streaker would run by they would all cheer him on.  Mostly it was guys who actually ran naked.  The girls would strip down to their bra and under wear.

A main attraction was this all American looking co ed who was up on the roof of a 3 story dorm.  She was in her bra and panties and the crowd was urging her on to take it all off.  She was thinking about it.

Just then two or three Beaumont PD black & white patrol cars showed up. In the back seat of each car was 2 or 3 more BPD officers.  They pulled up, and didn't give much warning.    They got out of those patrol cars swinging batons.  One officer cracked this one guy in the forehead.  Blood gushed everywhere..  

About then I backed off, found my vehicle and mashed off headed for home.   Survival 101: I knew if they didn't hesitate to crack that guy upside his forehead they would have done  the same to me.

50 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Where is this that looters can be shot?

Rioters have been shot.  Have any been shot in the act of looting?   I don't know for sure.  I know during the LA riots in the early 60s  the asians in korea town were firing off AK 47s at would be looters.  That is about a mile or so East of where my dad & his wife lived., on the other side of Santa Monica frwy, aka I - 10 in LA.  I know that area well.  I was in Texas at the time.

25 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Rioters have been shot.  Have any been shot in the act of looting?   I don't know for sure.  I know during the LA riots in the early 60s  the asians in korea town were firing off AK 47s at would be looters.  That is about a mile or so East of where my dad & his wife lived., on the other side of Santa Monica frwy, aka I - 10 in LA.  I know that area well.  I was in Texas at the time.

Also an Asian store owner killed a looter during the Rodney King riots. 

RIP Mr. Floyd. 

You notice that his death has the MSM no longer interested in the 100,000 Covid deaths, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Vatican City, Islamic Terrorist, ISIS, Alt Right, Militias, 15-20 different genders and the NFL.   They never cease to amaze.

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you mean looters or litterers?  I think there are both types out there, lol.  

But I agree with you.  A lot the people doing the damage are from outside and have no interest in what happened to George Floyd.  They're there to steal and to try and create civil unrest in hopes that it will lead to a revolution.  

I think you are exactly right.... there were a lot of good people out there to protest initially.  But if somebody is still hanging around when other people are setting stuff on fire and looting,  then they're no longer a protester.   

Looters

George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

5 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police (99%), his underlying health conditions (.5%) and any potential intoxicants in his system (.5%) likely contributed to his death.”

What a load of crap.

20 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

What a load of crap.

If you have any understanding of basic biomechanics, you’d have been skeptical about that knee killing Mr Floyd. Obstructing the airway require pressure on the front, not side of the neck. Pressure on the carotid arteries is required on both sides and there was no pressure to the left side. Plus that type of pressure will put the victim out almost immediately, not taking 5 minutes to work. I think that we’ll learn of some illicit substances in Mr Floyd’s body (stimulants) when the toxicology results come in.  
Don’t get me wrong. It shouldn’t have happened, and I think that there’s a very good chance that Mr Floyd might be alive today if that jerk had hopped up and started lifesaving measures. 
I saw a bouncer at the Longhorn get wrecked in the parking lot one Saturday night over that. He had a guy down in the rock parking lot and was kneeling on his head... not neck, but head. Just grinding the side of the guys face into the rocks and laughing. Somebody did a three step approach and place-kicked the bouncer square in the face.  Still one of the most disgusting sounds I’ve ever heard. Bouncer got to ride in an ambulance and everybody involved were banned for life. 

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you have any understanding of basic biomechanics, you’d have been skeptical about that knee killing Mr Floyd. Obstructing the airway require pressure on the front, not side of the neck. Pressure on the carotid arteries is required on both sides and there was no pressure to the left side. Plus that type of pressure will put the victim out almost immediately, not taking 5 minutes to work. I think that we’ll learn of some illicit substances in Mr Floyd’s body (stimulants) when the toxicology results come in.  
Don’t get me wrong. It shouldn’t have happened, and I think that there’s a very good chance that Mr Floyd might be alive today if that jerk had hopped up and started lifesaving measures. 
I saw a bouncer at the Longhorn get wrecked in the parking lot one Saturday night over that. He had a guy down in the rock parking lot and was kneeling on his head... not neck, but head. Just grinding the side of the guys face into the rocks and laughing. Somebody did a three step approach and place-kicked the bouncer square in the face.  Still one of the most disgusting sounds I’ve ever heard. Bouncer got to ride in an ambulance and everybody involved were banned for life. 

My point exactly...this cop was 100% responsible for this man’s death.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

My point exactly...this cop was 100% responsible for this man’s death.

No. That’s your feeling, but that’s not where the evidence is pointing. 

It’s pretty much the same scenario that plagued the Eric Garner death in NYC. 

It’s evident from the ME’s report that he didn’t die from manual strangulation or asphyxiation. Or blunt force trauma. The knee didn’t kill him. Those are facts.  I’ll make a prediction based solely on my pessimistic nature that when the toxicology reports come back, we’ll find that Mr Floyd had significant amounts of a stimulant (I’ll say cocaine) in his system. Enough to be a problem for a guy with hypertension and cardiovascular disease. I’ll also apologize for thinking the worst if it turns out that my theory is wrong. 

I believe that the officer’s actions (and inactions) were inhumane, unwarranted and a violation of Mr Floyd’s Civil Rights....Absolutely.  But if it turns out to be medically impossible to prove that the officer’s actions (and inactions) led to the death... there are going to be a lot of unhappy people like in ‘92. 

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No. That’s your feeling, but that’s not where the evidence is pointing. 

It’s pretty much the same scenario that plagued the Eric Garner death in NYC. 

It’s evident from the ME’s report that he didn’t die from manual strangulation or asphyxiation. Or blunt force trauma. The knee didn’t kill him. Those are facts.  I’ll make a prediction based solely on my pessimistic nature that when the toxicology reports come back, we’ll find that Mr Floyd had significant amounts of a stimulant (I’ll say cocaine) in his system. Enough to be a problem for a guy with hypertension and cardiovascular disease. I’ll also apologize for thinking the worst if it turns out that my theory is wrong. 

I believe that the officer’s actions (and inactions) were inhumane, unwarranted and a violation of Mr Floyd’s Civil Rights....Absolutely.  But if it turns out to be medically impossible to prove that the officer’s actions (and inactions) led to the death... there are going to be a lot of unhappy people like in ‘92. 

I don’t disagree with you one bit, it may be impossible to prove that the actions of this pathetic excuse of a cop led to the death of Mr. Floyd, but I believe he is 100% responsible for his death.

And that is my feeling based upon the evidence of me watching this punk keep his knee on his neck until he is dead.

6 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don’t disagree with you one bit, it may be impossible to prove that the actions of this pathetic excuse of a cop led to the death of Mr. Floyd, but I believe he is 100% responsible for his death.

And that is my feeling based upon the evidence of me watching this punk keep his knee on his neck until he is dead.

I hear you. It’s okay to respond to what you see and what you feel. You just have to stay rooted in reality so it doesn’t seem so incomprehensible when things work out in ways that we don’t like. 

Eff that cop, though.  44 years old, 19 years on the job. I’ve kinda had it in my mind that he could have been the ranking officer on the scene that day. I’m not sure how free those other officers would have been to confront his treatment of mr Floyd at that point in time. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I hear you. It’s okay to respond to what you see and what you feel. You just have to stay rooted in reality so it doesn’t seem so incomprehensible when things work out in ways that we don’t like. 

Eff that cop, though.  44 years old, 19 years on the job. I’ve kinda had it in my mind that he could have been the ranking officer on the scene that day. I’m not sure how free those other officers would have been to confront his treatment of mr Floyd at that point in time. 

Believe me, I stay prepared for things to not work out the way I would like.

I live in a country that has decided to legally and systematically murder tens of millions of babies over the last 30 years, I can handle a bad decision about Mr. Floyd.

Also, if those other cops stood by and did nothing because they didn’t want to buck the boss, they’re responsible as well...won’t hold my breath on them being charged with anything.