2020 SETXsports.com Team Previews - HUFFMAN HARGRAVE FALCONS

logo.png

2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PREVIEWS

Huffman Hargrave.png

HUFFMAN HARGRAVE FALCONS

2019 Record: 11-1 Overall, 5-0 District

District 11-4A-I Champions

2019 was a historic season for the Huffman Hargrave Falcons as Mike McEachern's charges scored the first undefeated regular season in school history and landed the District 11-4A-I Championship.  To match 2019's results, McEachern will be counting on a number of new faces (only 5 starters return from last year's team) and some familiar faces in new positions.

COACHING

Head Coach: Mike McEachern

Assistant Coaches: Tony Swartz (Offensive Coordinator), Joey Buchta (Defensive Coordinator), Troy Sample (Special Teams/Defensive Backs), Garrett Gates (Linebackers), Sean Bates (Defensive Line), Matt Thompson (Wide Receiver), Chad Merchant (Offensive Line), Tom DeBerry (Quarterbacks), James McEachern (Tight Ends)

OFFENSE

Two starters return to the Falcon spread offense in 2020.  Junior Luke Thomas, who was a unanimous first team all-district pick in 2019, will move to quarterback in 2020.  The receiver corp will be new but will provide leadership as three seniors, Dallas McNeil, Isiah Aikens and Jacob Watson, will join junior Gunnar Gates at wideout.  Senior right guard Zach Pitts will return to lead the offensive line.

DEFENSE

3 starters return to the Falcon 4-3 offense in 2020.  Sophomore defensive end Krisjah Whatthuber will be a force up front.  Senior linebackers Caleb Pierson (1st team all-district) and Wyatt Kasper (2nd team all-district) will be joined at linebacker by senior linebacker Ethan Miller.  Thomas (1st team all-district) will anchor a Falcon secondary which will also feature Aikens and Watson. 

SPECIAL TEAMS

Sophomore Kenny Lane will handle the place kicking duties for Huffman.  Watson, a first team selection at punter, will again do the punting as well as being the primary kick returner.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm

Sept. 4 - Tomball Concordia Lutheran, 7:00 pm

Sept. 11 - Bridge City, 7:00 pm

Sept. 18 - at Navasota, 7:30 pm

Sept. 25 - La Marque, 7:00 pm

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 16 - at Lumberton, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 23 - Splendora, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 30 - at Vidor, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 6 - Livingston, 7:00 pm*

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: Falcon Stadium

Address: 25437 Willy Lane, Huffman, TX

Capacity: 4000

Turf: Artificial

Helmet Image Coutresy of texasfootball.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Stadium Information Courtesy of Texas Bob Football Stadium Database:

This is the hidden content, please

• 1 month later...

May be the first 4A team I’ve seen with so few starters returning.  But they had so many easy wins last year, I bet that’s deceiving.   You can figure those backups got a lot of playing time.  They’ll have more experience than meets the eye.

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

May be the first 4A team I’ve seen with only 3 starters returning.  But they had so many easy wins last year, I bet that’s deceiving.   You can figure those backups got a lot of playing time.  They’ll have more experience than meets the eye.

5 starters return.

2 on offense, 3 on defense

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    komalneha
    Newest Member
    komalneha