Early But Oh Well..

5 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

BU, HF, HJ, and maybe Lumberton will be the teams to watch. Nederland and Silsbee will also be tough this year as always, just not contenders I don't believe. As far as players go, Abrams at Memorial (if he stays), BU big 3 in Yates, Arcenueax, and Porchie, Brock at Lumberton, Jackson (i believe?) at Nederland, HF in Dorsey, Coleman, their big man( don't know his name), and I believe Ardoin from Tekoa Academy will be there next year, HJ has Sears and Porter. Pretty much 4A will be the division to watch next year.

Ardoin from Tekoa is there and also a kid from JV that transferred in from BU lastyear will be eligible to play this year. He could possibly be the game changer for them to win that district and speaking of Abrams a little bird said hes transfering to Summer Creek with Coach Coleman. Also heard the asst Coach at Memorial has gotten a headcoaching job somewhere who brought alot of knowledge to that staff.

14 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

BU, HF, HJ, and maybe Lumberton will be the teams to watch. Nederland and Silsbee will also be tough this year as always, just not contenders I don't believe. As far as players go, Abrams at Memorial (if he stays), BU big 3 in Yates, Arcenueax, and Porchie, Brock at Lumberton, Jackson (i believe?) at Nederland, HF in Dorsey, Coleman, their big man( don't know his name), and I believe Ardoin from Tekoa Academy will be there next year, HJ has Sears and Porter. Pretty much 4A will be the division to watch next year.

Just realized the BU Big 3 as you call it has 2 more years together but you cant leave out #0 Henry, he returns also next season for his Sr year. 

12 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

The BU vs WB game should be better than lastyear due to BU losing as many as they did and WB having as many coming back.

I feel like that’s probably a big game for Beaumont folks, but for me BU is just too new for that to be a big rivalry game.  I think it will take a while for it to reach the level of Central-Ozen, which was a must see game almost any time they took the court.  

I have learned that it’s fun, when speaking with former Central and Ozen players, to work in the conversation that BU is their alma mater.  They get pretty triggered 😂

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I feel like that’s probably a big game for Beaumont folks, but for me BU is just too new for that to be a big rivalry game.  I think it will take a while for it to reach the level of Central-Ozen, which was a must see game almost any time they took the court.  

I have learned that is fun, when speaking with former Central and Ozen players, to work in the conversation that BU is their alma mater.  They get pretty triggered 😂

I've got to try that! Lol

Folks have a short memory when thinking of HJ. I see returners Sears an Porter mentioned but not Wirth and Austin S. Throw in some kids that got a ton of playing time last year on the varsity district co championship team and you got a heckuva group to build on. Add some solid kids off a JV that won the district and I like the Hawks chances in that district. I still like Silsbee in the other district even though they are young. Lumberton graduated really heavy and didn’t have much promise moving up . Also really like the Sophomore kid up in Woodville. 

Silsbee could have around 12 freshman and sophomores on varsity next year.  Only two kids I can think of off the top of my head (Gilder, Baltrip) will be seniors coming back.

They'll still win district, I think. Won't be serious contenders for state or region though. Actually if the region is weak this upcoming year like it was this season, they might have an outside shot at Huntsville. Depends on how fast our young cats can grow and adapt over the year.

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

HJ (W21) vs Silsbee (W22) in The Regional Quarterfinals, winner goes to Huntsville. Can’t wait to witness this game for something other then a district title, don’t know if they ever played in the Regional Quarterfinals or Regional Semifinals 

They have played 3 times in regional finals. 2007, 2008 and 2010.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, whsalum said:

Folks have a short memory when thinking of HJ. I see returners Sears an Porter mentioned but not Wirth and Austin S. Throw in some kids that got a ton of playing time last year on the varsity district co championship team and you got a heckuva group to build on. Add some solid kids off a JV that won the district and I like the Hawks chances in that district. I still like Silsbee in the other district even though they are young. Lumberton graduated really heavy and didn’t have much promise moving up . Also really like the Sophomore kid up in Woodville. 

Austin Samaha is a workhorse...I didnt realize he was a junior

On 6/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, Setx fan said:

30 ppg shooting 55 percent. Doubt they’ll be the same without him but Legget is always a good 1A club and I don’t expect that to change 

We have a couple of guys that can do it.  One thing they will get the ball more.