Early But Oh Well..

4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

BC has ever pg back,  those kids played good against some good teams this year 3 out 5 starters back. LCM returns off mvp and couple more starters. 

Not sure I understand your post, but BC only beat Livingston by 8 and Splendora by 4 and lost the rest of the district by 2 scores or more. Luckily, they’re facing a weak schedule This year including HF, HJ, Silsbee & WOS (I’m being facetious of course). LCM may be better, but they gotta face Vidor, Huffman, Lumberton. 

4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

BC has ever pg back,  those kids played good against some good teams this year 3 out 5 starters back. LCM returns off mvp and couple more starters. 

I like BC’s pg a lot.  Lumberton returns the “other” offensive mvp, the one who just committed to Lamar.  It will be Silsbee, Lumberton, and then the other 5 fighting for the other two spots.  Good news is the other two teams who would have been locks (HJ and HF) are in another district. 

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Not sure I understand your post, but BC only beat Livingston by 8 and Splendora by 4 and lost the rest of the district by 2 scores or more. Luckily, they’re facing a weak schedule This year including HF, HJ, Silsbee & WOS (I’m being facetious of course). LCM may be better, but they gotta face Vidor, Huffman, Lumberton. 

Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson and Huffman are not in Bridge City's district.

You are obviously speaking about football. This thread is in the basketball forum talking about the BC basketball team.

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson and Huffman are not in Bridge City's district.

You are obviously speaking about football. This thread is in the basketball forum talking about the BC basketball team.

What an idiot! Lol. That’s what happens when you post after going nite nite. Sorry folks!

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I like BC’s pg a lot.  Lumberton returns the “other” offensive mvp, the one who just committed to Lamar.  It will be Silsbee, Lumberton, and then the other 5 fighting for the other two spots.  Good news is the other two teams who would have been locks (HJ and HF) are in another district. 

I usually agree with you, but i think Lumberton finishes towards the bottom.  They lost a ton.  So does Silsbee, but they're Silsbee.  Rest of the district bring a lot back from poor teams.  I think this is the weakest the district has probably ever been.  I do think Jake McDonald gets your Bobcats into the playoffs.

The HF, HJ, Huffman district will be a battle.  Three good teams.  I'll be interested to see who is suiting up for the Horns, but they should be good.

1 hour ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I usually agree with you, but i think Lumberton finishes towards the bottom.  They lost a ton.  So does Silsbee, but they're Silsbee.  Rest of the district bring a lot back from poor teams.  I think this is the weakest the district has probably ever been.  I do think Jake McDonald gets your Bobcats into the playoffs.

The HF, HJ, Huffman district will be a battle.  Three good teams.  I'll be interested to see who is suiting up for the Horns, but they should be good.

The McClure kid will be the best player in the district by a ton though.  That combined with Coach Mitchell gets them in (I would think anyway).  And you’re right about Silsbee AND about this being the weakest I can remember this district being.  The fun part will be it should have a lot of parity like this year.  The other district will be fun to watch and much stronger.  

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will be a solid well coached team. But young and talented.. I look for J. Jones to start playing alot better in the paint.. They will get better with every game they play. 😁

They are the favorite every year.  Next year will be no different.  

Edit:  especially with the realignment. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

They are the favorite every year.  Next year will be no different.  

Edit:  especially with the realignment. 

I’m assuming that since HJ and Silsbee are in separate districts that will Still play each other.  Be strange to not have that game played. 

BU, HF, HJ, and maybe Lumberton will be the teams to watch. Nederland and Silsbee will also be tough this year as always, just not contenders I don't believe. As far as players go, Abrams at Memorial (if he stays), BU big 3 in Yates, Arcenueax, and Porchie, Brock at Lumberton, Jackson (i believe?) at Nederland, HF in Dorsey, Coleman, their big man( don't know his name), and I believe Ardoin from Tekoa Academy will be there next year, HJ has Sears and Porter. Pretty much 4A will be the division to watch next year.