Sign in to follow this  
Hooohead.com

Early But Oh Well..

Recommended Posts

1
4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

BC has ever pg back,  those kids played good against some good teams this year 3 out 5 starters back. LCM returns off mvp and couple more starters. 

Not sure I understand your post, but BC only beat Livingston by 8 and Splendora by 4 and lost the rest of the district by 2 scores or more. Luckily, they’re facing a weak schedule This year including HF, HJ, Silsbee & WOS (I’m being facetious of course). LCM may be better, but they gotta face Vidor, Huffman, Lumberton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

BC has ever pg back,  those kids played good against some good teams this year 3 out 5 starters back. LCM returns off mvp and couple more starters. 

I like BC’s pg a lot.  Lumberton returns the “other” offensive mvp, the one who just committed to Lamar.  It will be Silsbee, Lumberton, and then the other 5 fighting for the other two spots.  Good news is the other two teams who would have been locks (HJ and HF) are in another district. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Not sure I understand your post, but BC only beat Livingston by 8 and Splendora by 4 and lost the rest of the district by 2 scores or more. Luckily, they’re facing a weak schedule This year including HF, HJ, Silsbee & WOS (I’m being facetious of course). LCM may be better, but they gotta face Vidor, Huffman, Lumberton. 

Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson and Huffman are not in Bridge City's district.

You are obviously speaking about football. This thread is in the basketball forum talking about the BC basketball team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson and Huffman are not in Bridge City's district.

You are obviously speaking about football. This thread is in the basketball forum talking about the BC basketball team.

What an idiot! Lol. That’s what happens when you post after going nite nite. Sorry folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I like BC’s pg a lot.  Lumberton returns the “other” offensive mvp, the one who just committed to Lamar.  It will be Silsbee, Lumberton, and then the other 5 fighting for the other two spots.  Good news is the other two teams who would have been locks (HJ and HF) are in another district. 

I usually agree with you, but i think Lumberton finishes towards the bottom.  They lost a ton.  So does Silsbee, but they're Silsbee.  Rest of the district bring a lot back from poor teams.  I think this is the weakest the district has probably ever been.  I do think Jake McDonald gets your Bobcats into the playoffs.

The HF, HJ, Huffman district will be a battle.  Three good teams.  I'll be interested to see who is suiting up for the Horns, but they should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I usually agree with you, but i think Lumberton finishes towards the bottom.  They lost a ton.  So does Silsbee, but they're Silsbee.  Rest of the district bring a lot back from poor teams.  I think this is the weakest the district has probably ever been.  I do think Jake McDonald gets your Bobcats into the playoffs.

The HF, HJ, Huffman district will be a battle.  Three good teams.  I'll be interested to see who is suiting up for the Horns, but they should be good.

The McClure kid will be the best player in the district by a ton though.  That combined with Coach Mitchell gets them in (I would think anyway).  And you’re right about Silsbee AND about this being the weakest I can remember this district being.  The fun part will be it should have a lot of parity like this year.  The other district will be fun to watch and much stronger.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will be a solid well coached team. But young and talented.. I look for J. Jones to start playing alot better in the paint.. They will get better with every game they play. 😁

They are the favorite every year.  Next year will be no different.  
 

Edit:  especially with the realignment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

They are the favorite every year.  Next year will be no different.  
 

Edit:  especially with the realignment. 

I’m assuming that since HJ and Silsbee are in separate districts that will Still play each other.  Be strange to not have that game played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BU, HF, HJ, and maybe Lumberton will be the teams to watch. Nederland and Silsbee will also be tough this year as always, just not contenders I don't believe. As far as players go, Abrams at Memorial (if he stays), BU big 3 in Yates, Arcenueax, and Porchie, Brock at Lumberton, Jackson (i believe?) at Nederland, HF in Dorsey, Coleman, their big man( don't know his name), and I believe Ardoin from Tekoa Academy will be there next year, HJ has Sears and Porter. Pretty much 4A will be the division to watch next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    41,746
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Hornetpride85
    Newest Member
    Hornetpride85
    Joined


  • Posts

    • I agree. The only reason they are flying with Biden is the small hopes that his VP role with anointed one, Obama, will somehow pull out a win. 
    • I’m afraid it would come down to passing the torch and the “good” ones get eaten alive. 
    • You are correct.  They want to stay on the taxpayers teat as long as possible.  Dims and Republicans alike!
    • You’re a silly man. 
    • Okay... they can’t bring about prior arrest records and such of the defendant(s) as they’d be prejudicial towards them. In this case where we’re talking about the victim, it’s all fair game (as I understand it).  In rape cases, they don’t wait until the punishment phase to  sling mud at the accuser.    Has you or anybody you’ve worked with or trained with been sued for wrongful arrest after a person was found not guilty? Or by an arrestee who eventually had their charges dropped? If that was the case, you’d run out of enrollees at the academy.    I disagree with your “bop on the nose” scenario. What if I defend myself with a bat? Is that reasonable? Or am I, when criminally assaulted, only allowed to match my assailant’s weapon of choice? He hits me, I can hit him back. But I’d better not use a weapon.  However, if my assailant pulls a weapon of his own, now I am willing to engage him with a like weapon, but if I have a bigger stick, or match his knife with my gun, I’ll face murder charges.    And I guarantee that if I bop a cop on the nose, I’d be lucky to get out with just a felony and not a couple of bullet wounds. You, as a police officer, have no more rights to defend yourself than do I.     Lastly... what is the generally accepted definition of deadly force? Do you believe that brandishing a weapon is considered deadly force, or does that come it when the weapon is used? Because my interpretation of deadly force would be when the weapon was actually used. In this case that didn’t happen until the struggle over the weapon... and in instance deadly force would be completely usable beyond question.  Deadly force wasn’t used to stop anybody from jogging or fleeing. There was a mortal struggle initiated by the deceased when deadly force was used. Unless my definition is too restrictive.  I think of that cop from SC that shot a man in the back from about 50 feet away on camera. He’s rightfully in jail now.  There was a brief struggle and the victim made a break for it. He might have gotten the best of the officer in the struggle. It was just a traffic stop, nothing criminal if my memory is correct. THAT was wrong all of the way around.  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...