Haynes no longer HFC at Hardin

6 hours ago, Hornetpride85 said:

No but I’ll take that as a compliment plus obviously none of you know Coach Haynes if you did you would know he’s old school...can’t stand phones, computers or any technology.  And websites like this is one of the reasons why.  But like I said, I take that as a “huge” compliment.

It was a joke.  I was eluding to the idea that someone who would brag so much on a person.. could likely be that person.

If you must know, I don’t know him.  I do know I am not surprised AT ALL that he is no longer the coach.  Hardin is somewhat predictable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 9:20 PM, 2wedge said:

I actually do know, and if your insinuating something nefarious happened, you are a certified lying piece of sh*t. You’re what’s wrong with that town. The man isn’t even through the door and you’re already trying to attack his character. Go back to the computer lab before somebody pulls your card. 

2wedge nailed it with this and his earlier post about why he left Caney Creek.  In the words of Carlos Correa, "if you don't know the facts, you gotta shut the f*!& up".

It is my understanding that Caney Creek will now be on their 3rd head coach in 3 years.  That probably gives a LOT of insight as to why Coach Barrier is in Hardin.

He will never speak ill of Conroe ISD as he doesn't appear to be that type of guy, but as my buddy Soulja often says "You do the math."

28 minutes ago, bferg77 said:

2wedge nailed it with this and his earlier post about why he left Caney Creek.  In the words of Carlos Correa, "if you don't know the facts, you gotta shut the f*!& up".

2wedge b-plug and whoever else don’t know crap or facts either. So yaws all might want to put a zipper on it. 

17 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It is my understanding that Caney Creek will now be on their 3rd head coach in 3 years.  That probably gives a LOT of insight as to why Coach Barrier is in Hardin.

He will never speak ill of Conroe ISD as he doesn't appear to be that type of guy, but as my buddy Soulja often says "You do the math."

A revolving door, that's not going to attract great candidates that would stay and build something there. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

2wedge b-plug and whoever else don’t know crap or facts either. So yaws all might want to put a zipper on it. 

Are you insinuating that I dont know "crap or facts"? Not sure who the "b-plug" was referring to.

26 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Yes

2. I just wanted to say b-plug. 

Cool so Ned (my cousin) left Caney Creek for one reason. Family. His daughter just graduated and is heading off to college. HIs son, who'll be a seventh grader absolutely hated CC. He wanted to go to a 'country' school and did not want to be in a 'city' ever again.  Ned wanted to go somewhere where he felt like there was enough talent to have a chance to make the play-offs.  He applied at Hardin and 2 other districts. (both were considerably farther distances from Hardin, which is a short drive from where the majority of his family lives) Because of this, and the fact that his in-laws live in Livingston, Hardin was the consensus choice.  Anything else I need to clear up for you?

"...so get your facts straight!!"- Mike Gundy

10 hours ago, bferg77 said:

Cool so Ned (my cousin) left Caney Creek for one reason. Family. His daughter just graduated and is heading off to college. HIs son, who'll be a seventh grader absolutely hated CC. He wanted to go to a 'country' school and did not want to be in a 'city' ever again.  Ned wanted to go somewhere where he felt like there was enough talent to have a chance to make the play-offs.  He applied at Hardin and 2 other districts. (both were considerably farther distances from Hardin, which is a short drive from where the majority of his family lives) Because of this, and the fact that his in-laws live in Livingston, Hardin was the consensus choice.  Anything else I need to clear up for you?

“So why didn’t you just say so!” - Everybody on here

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

“So why didn’t you just say so!” - Everybody on here

Hmmm, after reviewing all 6 pages of this thread, it seems hornetpride85 is signed in on his alternate account "SmashMouth". Did you have fun having two pages worth of arguments with yourself earlier? Idiot.

46 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Hmmm, after reviewing all 6 pages of this thread, it seems hornetpride85 is signed in on his alternate account "SmashMouth". Did you have fun having two pages worth of arguments with yourself earlier? Idiot.

Name calling isn’t necessary. I don’t know what in hell you are talking about. I’ve been a member on here for years. I’m from Lumberton, ask any moderator or member of this forum that regularly posts or reads this forum. Who is bplug77? Is that your alternate account?

On 6/12/2020 at 12:41 PM, Hornetpride85 said:

Sorry, I thought you were asking if I was Coach Haynes.  I see now you were referring to a different post. 

Where did coach Haynes end up?  

13 hours ago, bferg77 said:

yea  "your cousin"    lol   

welcome to setxsports NED

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Name calling isn’t necessary. I don’t know what in hell you are talking about. I’ve been a member on here for years. I’m from Lumberton, ask any moderator or member of this forum that regularly posts or reads this forum. Who is bplug77? Is that your alternate account?

From Lumberton.....where Larry Haynes lives? Interesting. I had assumed his sons had coaching jobs elsewhere by now. Hard times to be out of work bud.

20 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Where did coach Haynes end up?  

So......nobody has an answer to this question?  Surely a coach like Larry would land on his feet quickly or does he even have to anymore? retirement ?

58 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

So......nobody has an answer to this question?  Surely a coach like Larry would land on his feet quickly or does he even have to anymore? retirement ?

Well, given that Coach Hayne's dismissal happened just recently, and the fact that Matt Stepp earlier this week indicated that there are only 3 UIL head coaching positions still open, I doubt that he will be in a head coaching position. 

My only contact with Coach Haynes was through school contacts, so I have not been in touch with him since he left.  Others here who claim to know Coach Haynes more on a personal level may be able to give you more insight to the answer you desire.

Can we end all this talk on haynes? He is down the road and surely happy. Lets see what Barrier can do. I feel they are gonna whip EC and put Anahuac back in there place. We all know this team should be 8-3.. anything less is unacceptable with the talent level of these Hornets

So excited for change and some real coaching! Time to get the boys program back on track!