Haynes no longer HFC at Hardin

8 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So how are they able to serve in an administrative role without the mid-management certification?

It's not required by a lot of small schools (Usually money issues). They still hold Admin power in most cases though. 

8 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So how are they able to serve in an administrative role without the mid-management certification?

I'd be interested to know how many in the area actually have the cert. I know some will but I'd wager more than you think don't. 3A and down more than the big schools. 

13 hours ago, NetCat said:

I'd be interested to know how many in the area actually have the cert. I know some will but I'd wager more than you think don't. 3A and down more than the big schools. 

Most likely.  The larger ISDs can require it and also pay more for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 9:05 PM, WOSgrad said:

I exhanged emails with Hardin ISD superintendent Gerald Nixon regarding the posting.

He did confirm that the posting on the Hardin ISD site is for a head football coach only. 

Currently, Coach Randy Snell (Softball Head Coach) is currently handling the AD duties.  Mr. Nixon gave no indication whether this was an interim or permanent move.

It was voted on Monday night Randy Snell will be permanent AD and Ned Barrier was hired as HFC 

10 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Is this accurate?

I don't know, but I like that decision if true. Randy and Regina have been the heartbeat of that school for years. EXTREMELY successful in the sports they coach and the girls program is successful. The road they have been taking seems to lead to a new AD  every few years, and that is not going to work. Why not try something new? The only reason AD is attached to HFC is for money. Someone can be a great HFC, but that doesn't mean they will be a great AD. Someone could also be a subpar HFC but great AD. It's not easy to find someone that's good at both. School systems are stuck marrying those two things and it doesn't always work. It's pretty difficult when new leadership, new vision, and new beliefs come in every 2-3 years. You have to have consistency.

39 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

Barrier guy left caney creek as head football and campus AD? To go to Hardin? What was the draw there? Does Hardin have a good group of kids coming in?

He has family in the area and was a finalist for the Hardin job back in 2012. He also has a son who is in Junior High who is an absolute stud. Prior to CC he was at Brazos, Jasper, Cleveland, and Hull-Daisetta, so he is more of a smaller school kind of guy. Caney Creek is in a terribly tough district and that job was a no win situation for him. Hardin just got a hell of a coach and I am hoping the AD role will come with it eventually when the COVID stuff and everything else going on is navigated. I know Snell has had a chance to be the AD before and has never shown interest, so I can' t imagine he wants that responsibility now. Barrier is the real deal and I expect Hardin to improve under his leadership. Folks in Hardin should be very happy with this hire.

24 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

He has family in the area and was a finalist for the Hardin job back in 2012. He also has a son who is in Junior High who is an absolute stud. Prior to CC he was at Brazos, Jasper, Cleveland, and Hull-Daisetta, so he is more of a smaller school kind of guy. Caney Creek is in a terribly tough district and that job was a no win situation for him. Hardin just got a hell of a coach and I am hoping the AD role will come with it eventually when the COVID stuff and everything else going on is navigated. I know Snell has had a chance to be the AD before and has never shown interest, so I can' t imagine he wants that responsibility now. Barrier is the real deal and I expect Hardin to improve under his leadership. Folks in Hardin should be very happy with this hire.

Hardin already had a heck of a coach. 

2 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Hardin already had a heck of a coach. 

LOL!! A heck of a re tread who got run out of town for some reason. Let go of the past and don't do anything to screw the future up. Hardin stepped in sh*t and somehow ended up falling in the tulips, last thing you folks should do is make the new coaches transition harder by acting like Haynes had you lined up to make a run at state.

He has won at Hardin which a tons of coaches can’t do!!! His resume doesn’t lie, they go 1-9 Haynes makes playoffs 2007-2008, then they were what 2-8 then Haynes comes and takes over they make the playoff again. Seems to me the board and sup don’t see eye to eye.  This will be the 8th year serving as AD/Head Football Coach at Hardin High School. Coach Haynes has lead the Hornets to it's only 3 championships in 75 years. 2 Bi-District Championships (2007-08) and 1 District Championship as the QB of the 1974 team. Coach Haynes has won more games than any other coach in it's 75 year storied history. Coach Haynes will begin his 37th year in the coaching profession and his 25th as a Head Coach. He has a Head Coaching record of 161 wins and 104 losses - 3 Ties, 5 District Championships, and 8 Area Finalists. He has also been "Coach of the Year" 10 times and was also chosen as a "NFL High School Coach of the Year Award Nominee" in 2003, the highest award a High School coach can receive. 

Hardin in 2006, 2-8,  Haynes takes over they go 9-3 the next year. 

2016 Hardin 0-10, 2017-Haynes takes over they go 4-6 and then 2018 7-4. 

23 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

He has won at Hardin which a tons of coaches can’t do!!! His resume doesn’t lie, they go 1-9 Haynes makes playoffs 2007-2008, then they were what 2-8 then Haynes comes and takes over they make the playoff again. Seems to me the board and sup don’t see eye to eye.  This will be the 8th year serving as AD/Head Football Coach at Hardin High School. Coach Haynes has lead the Hornets to it's only 3 championships in 75 years. 2 Bi-District Championships (2007-08) and 1 District Championship as the QB of the 1974 team. Coach Haynes has won more games than any other coach in it's 75 year storied history. Coach Haynes will begin his 37th year in the coaching profession and his 25th as a Head Coach. He has a Head Coaching record of 161 wins and 104 losses - 3 Ties, 5 District Championships, and 8 Area Finalists. He has also been "Coach of the Year" 10 times and was also chosen as a "NFL High School Coach of the Year Award Nominee" in 2003, the highest award a High School coach can receive. 

Hardin in 2006, 2-8,  Haynes takes over they go 9-3 the next year. 

2016 Hardin 0-10, 2017-Haynes takes over they go 4-6 and then 2018 7-4. 

Pardon me for asking, but are y’all related?