This Sucks

Nokrwel

Man... I'm ready for football season to start soon but at this rate there won't be one. I mean I'd rather have everyone be safe and healthy but damn this year's gonna be a bummer... 

My options for entertainment are running low too... Just started playing the Resident Evil 3 remake. 

But once that's done idk what I'll do..  maybe I'll paint someone's house... Or take some master classes on cooking... Or get an early start on my taxes... 

This sucks man... 

41 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

I just read where Louisiana voted to allow Workouts starting June 8th. 

That is absolutely insane! Social distancing practices? Kids wearing masks and gloves? Quarantine the kids?  I am certain the locker rooms and uniforms are cleaned thoroughly after every practice. Unlike when i was a kid and we wore them nasty son of  a guns 3 days in a row if not all week. LOL One kid comes in contact with one person infected, the entire team is going to get it. I miss football as much as anyone and miss sports in general. But man just having a hard time putting kids on the field when there are 300k plus deaths and climbing due to a virus that we have NO idea how to control is spreading like wild fire. 

The strange thing is the number of teenagers who have even been seriously affected by covid is close to zero. I’m not sure any have died. They likely have a greater risk of dying playing football than dying from covid. They certainly have a greater risk dying driving to practice than they do of dying from covid. And by the fall it is likely that much of the herd immunity we need to achieve will have happened. We need to protect the elderly (who are almost exclusively the only ones who need protecting), but we can do so without imprisoning an entire generation of children. 

Imo, it all depends on whether you open schools or not.  If you open schools, you should play sports.   There’s more contact in the halls when the bell rings than any football field.   

So if you open schools, & one kid catches it, do you quarantine everyone in every class that kids in?   Don’t think that’ll work.   So again, imo, it all depends on whether we open schools.   Some experts claim heat & humidty will kill much of the Virus.   Can’t see a decision being made until mid July.  I’m in the high risk group, so I should take precautions.   Young folks, not so much.   As I heard one reporter say, we can open things, then if necessary, close again, but the one thing we can’t do is open to late.

It’ll be a tough call, and I’m glad I’m not the one making it.  But do we, not just school kids, cower in our homes forever?

16 hours ago, outanup said:

It's not looking good for HS football season comrades. Lots of talk about changing up school as we know it too.Year round school with multiple breaks, extending the school year etc... etc.... Still early but, things will likely change this fall...

All of that sounds horrible. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Imo, it all depends on whether you open schools or not.  If you open schools, you should play sports.   There’s more contact in the halls when the bell rings than any football field.   

So if you open schools, & one kid catches it, do you quarantine everyone in every class that kids in?   Don’t think that’ll work.   So again, imo, it all depends on whether we open schools.   Some experts claim heat & humidty will kill much of the Virus.   Can’t see a decision being made until mid July.  I’m in the high risk group, so I should take precautions.   Young folks, not so much.   As I heard one reporter say, we can open things, then if necessary, close again, but the one thing we can’t do is open to late.

It’ll be a tough call, and I’m glad I’m not the one making it.  But do we, not just school kids, cower in our homes forever?

You may have a point but I kind of think sweaty athletes may spread it faster than normal contact between students in hallways and such. Not to mention there may be new provisions to limit such contact

On 5/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, LTFALCON said:

That is absolutely insane! Social distancing practices? Kids wearing masks and gloves? Quarantine the kids?  I am certain the locker rooms and uniforms are cleaned thoroughly after every practice. Unlike when i was a kid and we wore them nasty son of  a guns 3 days in a row if not all week. LOL One kid comes in contact with one person infected, the entire team is going to get it. I miss football as much as anyone and miss sports in general. But man just having a hard time putting kids on the field when there are 300k plus deaths and climbing due to a virus that we have NO idea how to control is spreading like wild fire. 

Don’t be an ignorant pessimist. How many of those supposed deaths were healthy teenaged boys?

On 5/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

The strange thing is the number of teenagers who have even been seriously affected by covid is close to zero. I’m not sure any have died. They likely have a greater risk of dying playing football than dying from covid. They certainly have a greater risk dying driving to practice than they do of dying from covid. And by the fall it is likely that much of the herd immunity we need to achieve will have happened. We need to protect the elderly (who are almost exclusively the only ones who need protecting), but we can do so without imprisoning an entire generation of children. 

Agreed, I’ve been saying that since all this started. There’s been a lot of videos taken down from credible physicians and epidemiologist talking about the same thing. The political aspect of this crisis is so obvious. It’s sickening! I hope the kids get to play football this year.

Blah Blah Blah, this is it for football.  It's all over with.  This is the end.  Ya'll sound like CNN.  We have to get back to normal.  What are we going to do live in a bubble from here on out.  I am sure this will all go away in November, if you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Blah Blah Blah, this is it for football.  It's all over with.  This is the end.  Ya'll sound like CNN.  We have to get back to normal.  What are we going to do live in a bubble from here on out.  I am sure this will all go away in November, if you know what I mean.

^^^^^bingo

21 hours ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

I don’t understand. November?