Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

CardinalBacker

6 minutes ago, Law Man said:

In BJJ  the move is Called a blood choke. You did not correctly call me out.  You spoke on something you had no knowledge of.
If the subject was about construction which is your field of expertise I would gladly listen.
I have 24 yrs experience as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer. GS-12 step 6. My collateral duties are Lead Self Defense Instructor and Lead CPR Instructor. I certify every two years at FLETC at Brunswick Ga. I simply asked of your experience when you gave that lame statement. I never asked if you have been choked out. You are a lay person so of course you wouldn’t understand. 

The statement wasn’t lame sensei. You don’t know what I am or my experience including military and martial arts. I’m just not into telling everyone about all of my Cub Scout badges. You made an absolute statement that was false. Although I do have expertise in construction, it doesn’t end there. I make one hell of a vodka martini. You asked me an open ended question about my experience solely for the opportunity to tell everyone about yours. I’m sorry your feelings of inadequacy and lack of hugs as a junior lawman have given you the need to tout your accomplishments to, well, anyone that will listen. But please, throw some more acronyms my way, so you can brag to your cat how you told me how life works...

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

The statement wasn’t lame sensei. You don’t know what I am or my experience including military and martial arts. I’m just not into telling everyone about all of my Cub Scout badges. You made an absolute statement that was false. Although I do have expertise in construction, it doesn’t end there. I make one hell of a vodka martini. You asked me an open ended question about my experience solely for the opportunity to tell everyone about yours. I’m sorry your feelings of inadequacy and lack of hugs as a junior lawman have given you the need to tout your accomplishments to, well, anyone that will listen. But please, throw some more acronyms my way, so you can brag to your cat how you told me how life works...

I’ve seen this before. You will be ok.

4 minutes ago, Law Man said:

I’ve seen this before. You will be ok.

I bet you have. It’s called reality. Btw, please let us know when you make it to GS-12 Step 7. I can barely keep my composure waiting on the news. That means you’ll be close to making what a boilermaker at the refineries make. 

6 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I bet you have. It’s called reality. Btw, please let us know when you make it to GS-12 Step 7. I can barely keep my composure waiting on the news. That means you’ll be close to making what a boilermaker at the refineries make. 

Awww, Bless your heart.

7 hours ago, Law Man said:

In BJJ  the move is Called a blood choke. You did not correctly call me out.  You spoke on something you had no knowledge of.
If the subject was about construction which is your field of expertise I would gladly listen.
I have 24 yrs experience as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer. GS-12 step 6. My collateral duties are Lead Self Defense Instructor and Lead CPR Instructor. I certify every two years at FLETC at Brunswick Ga. I simply asked of your experience when you gave that lame statement. I never asked if you have been choked out. You are a lay person so of course you wouldn’t understand. 

I was chastised for listing my experience..... :)

On 5/27/2020 at 9:18 PM, SmashMouth said:

Perhaps, if you want to make a real statement, you should post deaths of white folk killed by black officers. Even more, where a white person was killed by a black person and nothing was done about it for months only after a video was released. I won’t hold my breath waiting if that’s ok with you...

Look up .....Mohamed Noor

On 5/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, tvc184 said:

You can speak less than life sustaining  breath. 

New video shows he was being kneeled on by two additional officers while he was pinned down by his neck. He complained about his whole body hurting and that he could not breathe.
Place him in the back of the patrol car.  If he resist, use leg restraints.

8 minutes ago, Law Man said:

New video shows he was being kneeled on by two additional officers while he was pinned down by his neck. He complained about his whole body hurting and that he could not breathe.

That is something that I questioned. At the very least, sit him upright.

I have been involved in thousands of arrests including some very violent incidents. I agree with you, go straight to a car. On occasion we leave them outside but never restraining them to the ground. If they continue to be violent, off to the car they go. 

18 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Ummmm... my understanding is that they were waiting for an ambulance.  They didn't intend to take him to jail, therefore they didn't place him in the cop car.  I watched a long video taken by surveillance camera mounted on a building with a view of the initial scene.  There wasn't much of a resistance, and it honestly looked like Chauvin was taking pretty good care of the dude.  I don't know what happened between then and the 8 minutes with a knee on his neck across the street.  

EDIT.... it wasn't Chauvin that was working with Floyd initially.  It looks like Floyd kept falling down.  I have a feeling that we're going to find out that Mr. Floyd was either experiencing a medical event at the time that this all started, or had a lethal amount of drugs in his system that will be found in toxicology tests.

Floyd wasn't giving them much of a fight if any, and the cops seemed to be doing their job(s) professionally before they moved across the street.  You can see Floyd collapse when he initially leaves the driver's seat of his own vehicle, then again at the end of the video when they arrive at the patrol car across the street.  Watch the clip and see what you think.  

15 minutes ago, team first said:

How bout Justine domand 

white lady killed by a black cop in Minnesota and no riots 

She was killed by Mohammad Noor a Somali American officer.  I doubt seriously if he called himself black, at least not before he was convicted  and sentenced to 12.5 years.   I knew he was not going to get the same sweet deal Jeronemo Yanez got, the officer that shot & killed Castile Philando.

The officer that put his knees into George Floyd's neck has been charged with 3rd degree murder as well.  Will he be sentenced to 12.5 years in prison?  I have my doubts.  Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

She was killed by Mohammad Noor a Somali American officer.  I doubt seriously if he called himself black, at least not before he was convicted  and sentenced to 12.5 years.   I knew he was not going to get the same sweet deal Jeronemo Yanez got, the officer that shot & killed Castile Philando.

The officer that put his knees into George Floyd's neck has been charged with 3rd degree murder as well.  Will he be sentenced to 12.5 years in prison?  I have my doubts.  Time will tell.

And it took 9 months to charge him, and we are only on day 9 here. 

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

They're going to have hard time convicting him of anything if the autopsy reveals that his cause of death was something other than asphyxia.   It's kinda like if a fat dude runs from the cop and has a fatal heart attack... do you charge the cop with murder?  

I think that's the worst possible scenario for law enforcement up there.  You get stuck with facts upon which you can't convict, but a conviction is what the masses want.  It's gonna be interesting to see what comes from the medical examiner in the near future and once toxicology reports come back.  

33 minutes ago, team first said:

And it took 9 months to charge him, and we are only on day 9 here. 

I did not think a riot would break out.  Before the turmoil started someone I know on FB mentioned a possible uprising.  I said to myself nah, that is not going to happen, but it did.   I have to throw out all my North & South of the mason dixon line stereotypes.  Apparently they have just as many social issues as anywhere else.  Culturally Minnesota is more Midwest than North.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They're going to have hard time convicting him of anything if the autopsy reveals that his cause of death was something other than asphyxia.   It's kinda like if a fat dude runs from the cop and has a fatal heart attack... do you charge the cop with murder?  

I think that's the worst possible scenario for law enforcement up there.  You get stuck with facts upon which you can't convict, but a conviction is what the masses want.  It's gonna be interesting to see what comes from the medical examiner in the near future and once toxicology reports come back.  

Probably end up with a manslaughter charger. 

They just released the preliminary autopsy report. 

This is the hidden content, please

It wasn’t strangulation or asphyxiation that killed Mr Floyd according to the Medical Examiner.  Also believed that being held down contributed, but it wasn’t his cause of death.  
It’s still horrific and I think he’d still be alive if not for the depraved indifference exhibited by the police here. It’s just gonna be hard to prove the cop caused his death by hypertension and cardiovascular disease. If my grandma was having a heart attack, I don’t think somebody kneeling on her neck would help matters any. 

Suddenly I’m feeling better that the feds will be able to hook him with a civil rights violation. NOBODY deserves to have their life end via natural causes (even if he was overdosing) with a cop’s knee on their neck.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They just released the preliminary autopsy report. 

It wasn’t strangulation or asphyxiation that killed Mr Floyd according to the Medical Examiner.  Also believed that being held down contributed, but it wasn’t his cause of death.  
It’s still horrific and I think he’d still be alive if not for the depraved indifference exhibited by the police here. It’s just gonna be hard to prove the cop caused his death by hypertension and cardiovascular disease. If my grandma was having a heart attack, I don’t think somebody kneeling on her neck would help matters any. 

Suddenly I’m feeling better that the feds will be able to hook him with a civil rights violation. NOBODY deserves to have their life end via natural causes (even if he was overdosing) with a cop’s knee on their neck.

You better stop. You’re freakin me the hell out. 

10 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Yanez shot a man who was reaching for a gun and still got indicted for murder. 

Noor shot ac woman who called 911. As she was walking up to the police car without any provocation she was shot and killed.

You are comparing apples to something other than a fruit. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!

THIS is the type of thing that makes me say, “okay... there may have been a racial element to this killing.” At least two people have come out and testified that the shooter voiced an intense dislike for black people. 

This was your post on the opening comment on this thread.... “Once again, the narrative has turned to the epidemic of unarmed young black men being gunned down by racists.  I've gotta cry foul on this one”.

I believe that we have recently learned that the video guy actually used his pickup to help cut Arbery off so was directly involved in the incident.

Then the video guy gave a statement that has McMichael calling Arbery the ultimate racial slur AFTER killing him. Then McMichael tells the police that he didn’t know if Arbery stole anything  but basically he looked suspicious. McMichael’s justification to the police was that he had a “gut feeling”. 

The third post in the thread I pretty much called it BS.

I think that I will stick with my original stance.

Perhaps the most troubling thing is that the local DA almost saw nothing with investigating. I saw enough from behind an iPhone screen. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

24 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

This was your post on the opening comment on this thread.... “Once again, the narrative has turned to the epidemic of unarmed young black men being gunned down by racists.  I've gotta cry foul on this one”.

I believe that we have recently learned that the video guy actually used his pickup to help cut Arbery off so was directly involved in the incident.

Then the video guy gave a statement that has McMichael calling Arbery the ultimate racial slur AFTER killing him. Then McMichael tells the police that he didn’t know if Arbery stole anything  but basically he looked suspicious. McMichael’s justification to the police was that he had a “gut feeling”. 

The third post in the thread I pretty much called it BS.

I think that I will stick with my original stance.

Perhaps the most troubling thing is that the local DA almost saw nothing with investigating. I saw enough from behind an iPhone screen. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

I’ll be honest... All that those crying racism had was a gut feeling about the case at that time. 

Turns out that they were probably right based on this new revelation. But my guess is that those people wouldn’t back off of their unfounded allegation if this revelation wasn’t brought forward. 

And for what it’s worth, Mr Arbery would likely be alive today if he hadn’t gotten mad and tried to take the shotgun from that dude. 

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ll be honest... All that those crying racism had was a gut feeling about the case at that time. 

Turns out that they were probably right based on this new revelation. But my guess is that those people wouldn’t back off of their unfounded allegation if this revelation wasn’t brought forward. 

And for what it’s worth, Mr Arbery would likely be alive today if he hadn’t gotten mad and tried to take the shotgun from that dude. 

I never much considered racism up until now. I thought it was a vigilante trying to take the law into his own hands.

I loon at these things in black and white and I am not taking about race. I read and teach the law and frequently read laws from other states. I try to avoid the emotional side and simple ask, what evidence do we know about and then compare that to the law. Every time new information is released, I reevaluate my opinion.

On another forum I posted on l before this one, I called it Murder based on what I read and saw and on reading GA law.  That was before any arrests were made.  That was subject to change with new information. All of the new information kept my original opinion in place.