Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

CardinalBacker

11 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

Since we are correcting people on their bad facts, I will say this statement is probably false. No Hispanic or Asian or any other race was killed in 2018. I am pretty sure it will fall under 50%. 

Check the link.  Total murders were 14,123.... Blacks were 7407 of that total.    That's over 50%.

Good practices for ALL races to follow (especially if you are innocent):

10 Considerstions if Stopped by the Police

1. Be polite and respectful when stopped by the police. Keep your mouth closed.

2. If you feel that your rights have been violated,  you have the right to file a formal complaint with your local police jurisdiction after the fact.

3. Don’t, under any circumstance, get into an argument with the police. What do you think you are going to accomplish?

4. Always remember that anything you say or do can be used against you in court.

5. Keep your hands in plain sight and make sure the police can see your hands at all times.

6. Avoid physical contact with the police. No sudden movements, and keep hands out of your pockets.

7. Do not run because you are afraid of the police.

8. Even if you believe that you are innocent, do not resist arrest.

9. Don’t make any statements about the incident until you are able to meet with a lawyer or public defender.

10. Stay calm and remain in control. Watch your words, body language and emotions.

Police officers way more often than not are good people trying to protect and serve. They are trained to deal with all types of people. They don’t know which one you are. Make their job easier and your experience better by following the guidelines above. 

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sorry... “out for a jog” is another cynical way to describe fleeing from a crime scene or apprehension.  

If you watch the surveillance video from across the street from the dwelling, Arbery is just walking, looks both ways and then darts into the house. He’s confronted on screen by a man who turns out to be the one that filmed the eventual murder. At this point you see Mr Arbery sprint up the street. 
There have been so many lies by supporters on both sides. Earlier on people were claiming that Arbery was wearing boots. They don’t look like boots to me in the surveillance footage from inside the house. But those aren’t athletic shorts he’s wearing either, so it proves nothing.  

No, it's not.

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay... I just watched the video from MN and that’s rough stuff. 
I’m a jerk, but I’ll give my opinion. 
The knee on the neck didn’t kill that dude. If you can talk/scream, your airway isn’t obstructed. If pressure is being applied to BOTH of your carotid arteries, you’re going to slip into unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. Mr Floyd appears to be suffering from neither an obstructed airway or loss of blood flow to his brain. My suspicion is that when the medical examiner’s report comes back, we’ll find the cause of death to an overdose or a medical condition such as the one that killed Eric Garner (acute asthma attack).  The police believed that he was having a medical episode, and that’s why they called the ambulance. 

None of that changes the fact that this officer showed a depraved indifference for the life of Mr Floyd. I believe that the knew that the passive force he was using was not causing any grave injury or threat of death to Mr Floyd. But by staying there, ignoring the distressed and deteriorating condition of the detainee, he failed us all. The officer enjoyed what he was doing based on his comments and actions while physically detaining Mr Floyd. He long since should have switched from detaining to life-saving measures. Ease up pressure after the man is subdued, check the man’s pulse, start CPR if necessary. Don’t sit up there and make smart comments to onlookers while the guy is literally dying beneath you. 
This scenario should be displayed to all young recruits as a display of how NOT to act. 

Are you a doctor? What the guy was experiencing is called dyspnea. The coroner disagreed with your assessment.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Are you a doctor? What the guy was experiencing is called dyspnea. The coroner disagreed with your assessment.

This is the hidden content, please

You don’t even have to read the article. The headline should do the trick. ASTHMA. 

The states medical examiner asserted that the asthma attack was triggered by the “choke,” and the defense’s own medical examiner agreed asthma but countered that it wasn’t caused by the choke. 

It’s kinda like if that man had tried to run and had a heart attack, it would somehow be the policeman’s fault. Even the United States Department of Justice agreed that the officer did nothing for which he should be tried, much less convicted. 

20 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I would have to guess that if he was a jogger,  the dyspnea should have evidenced itself prior to the incident

Oh, we’re talking about different cases. The dyspnea claim was about Eric Garner, the morbidly obese diabetic asthmatic that died of an asthma attack following an altercation with police in NYC a few years ago. 
It was an event in which the officer was no-billed by a grand jury and the Department of Justice was unable to find grounds upon which to charge the officer. But it’s drawing comparisons to the George Floyd death in MN this week. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the hidden content, please

You don’t even have to read the article. The headline should do the trick. ASTHMA. 

The states medical examiner asserted that the asthma attack was triggered by the “choke,” and the defense’s own medical examiner agreed asthma but countered that it wasn’t caused by the choke. 

It’s kinda like if that man had tried to run and had a heart attack, it would somehow be the policeman’s fault. Even the United States Department of Justice agreed that the officer did nothing for which he should be tried, much less convicted. 

I am talking about the guy that recently died, not Eric Gardner.

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I think I may start posting every single death of other races that aren’t black since they don’t make headlines and fit certain narratives.

We can’t leave everybody else out .....that would be racist and .....ALL LIVES MATTER.

Perhaps, if you want to make a real statement, you should post deaths of white folk killed by black officers. Even more, where a white person was killed by a black person and nothing was done about it for months only after a video was released. I won’t hold my breath waiting if that’s ok with you...

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Perhaps, if you want to make a real statement, you should post deaths of white folk killed by black officers. Even more, where a white person was killed by a black person and nothing was done about it for months only after a video was released. I won’t hold my breath waiting if that’s ok with you...

I ll see what I can find.  

my whole point is this .....why is it always a racial thing.  Blacks vs white. Whites vs blacks. Who s privileged whose not who has more opportunity who doesn’t   Who feels hunted  so on and so forth.

this does nothing but keep us divided and that is not good for humanity.

are there injustices done? Yes there are and it’s happened to all races at some point or another.  

media is the biggest instigator in this division but it’s people who allow it to fuel it.

it’s real simple ....act right and a majority of the time nothing happens and that goes for all races.

8 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If you can talk for more than what your last breath gives you, then you can breathe, albeit on possibly a limited basis. 

Are you speaking from experience? Do you or have you experience in the medical field? Please share your knowledge.

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If you can talk for more than what your last breath gives you, then you can breathe, albeit on possibly a limited basis. 

Agonal breathing is not enough to support life. Rescue breaths should be administered. 1 breath every three seconds. 

12 hours ago, Law Man said:

Agonal breathing is not enough to support life. Rescue breaths should be administered. 1 breath every three seconds. 

“If you can talk for more than what your last breath gives you, then you can breathe, albeit on possibly a limited basis.“ is what I said. I guess you are agreeing with me based on your quote above. I simply stated that breathing was involved. Not as to the quality of breathing. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

“If you can talk for more than what your last breath gives you, then you can breathe, albeit on possibly a limited basis.“ is what I said. I guess you are agreeing with me based on your quote above. I simply stated that breathing was involved. Not as to the quality of breathing. 

Are you speaking from experience? 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You can speak less than life sustaining  breath. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

You can speak less than life sustaining  breath. 

No doubt about it. I never quoted otherwise. Lawman simply said you can talk without breathing. I correctly called him on it. Then he went on to change his criteria for his comments and now he wants to know my experience with being choked out! Lol. But if you let him, he will give you step by step instructions on how to perform CPR on a German Shepherd while simultaneously cleaning out its anal gland. He’s a helluva guy. Just ask him...

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

No doubt about it. I never quoted otherwise. Lawman simply said you can talk without breathing. I correctly called him on it. Then he went on to change his criteria for his comments and now he wants to know my experience with being choked out! Lol. But if you let him, he will give you step by step instructions on how to perform CPR on a German Shepherd while simultaneously cleaning out its anal gland. He’s a helluva guy. Just ask him...

In BJJ  the move is Called a blood choke. You did not correctly call me out.  You spoke on something you had no knowledge of.
If the subject was about construction which is your field of expertise I would gladly listen.
I have 24 yrs experience as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer. GS-12 step 6. My collateral duties are Lead Self Defense Instructor and Lead CPR Instructor. I certify every two years at FLETC at Brunswick Ga. I simply asked of your experience when you gave that lame statement. I never asked if you have been choked out. You are a lay person so of course you wouldn’t understand.