Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

CardinalBacker

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But Don’s Alternator on 16th had a no trespassing sign so they were “doing us a favor” by not charging us.... in cop-speak, anyways. 

Serious question to which I don’t think that I ever got an answer from you.  Same scenario, but instead of the father/son you have two uniformed policemen hooping out of a cruiser. Everything else happens the same with the same result. What would your hypothetical opinion be in that case?

No matter the signs, does the owner want to come charges? Well he sign a non-consent statement to prosecute and show up in court? If the cops at the alternator shop wanted to make an arrest, they could have contracted the owner and asked if he wanted to prosecute. A sign isn’t the law, it is a step in the law.

Why wouldn’t I answer?

i think that if two cops jumped out, they would not have drawn their weapons. I have been involved in thousands of arrests including fighters, three of which sent me to the hospital. The last one I had to have my eyebrow glued back together with two deep lacerations from being hit in the face with a pipe. I never drew my handgun.

If an officer did draw his weapon on a misdemeanor arrest without further and ended up shooting the suspect, I believe they might end up in prison like Michael Slager. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

As you should.... The only problem that I, as an outsider, can see is that nobody is protesting the black on black killings.... which far outnumber the white on black killings.  And to be even more ironic, there are many more whites killed by blacks than blacks killed by whites.  But black men aren't safe in America?  Give me a break.   It's bizzaro-world. 

The statistics are out there.  2016 saw 220 some-odd blacks killed by whites, but 500+ whites killed by blacks.... which is even more impressive(?) based on the fact that there are so many fewer blacks living here, but they somehow manage to kill twice as many of us. (I'm white, btw).   IF you're offended by a black person's death at the hand of a white person, but have yet to protest the black/black and white by black killings (both of which are more prevalent), you're just being non-sensical.

Black on black crime rate 93%

White on white crime 89%. People kill those who are their race more often than they kill others. This is not just applicable to black people.

It is much deeper than FBI statistics.   Before it is all done your thoughts will be judged.  Your words will be judged. The hairs on your head will be numbered.  This will be done on an individual basis.  Nobody is really getting away with anything.  They just think they are.

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Black on black crime rate 93%

White on white crime 89%. People kill those who are their race more often than they kill others. This is not just applicable to black people.

No offense, but you have no clue what you’re talking about. 

There’s no dispute that there are more killings among our same race. That’s what you keep parroting. But when it’s obvious that twice as many white people are killed by black people  (500+) than there are blacks people killed by white people (229) in 2016, who’s in more danger? White people!  The idea that there is a danger to blacks people caused by white people and police is just laughable. Y’all kill more of us every year! Like.... twice as many. And you danged sure kill more of each other than any other group kills their own.  

2 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

It is much deeper than FBI statistics.   Before it is all done your thoughts will be judged.  Your words will be judged. The hairs on your head will be numbered.  This will be done on an individual basis.  Nobody is really getting away with anything.  They just think they are.

This is one of the few things you have posted that makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Did anyone ever answer this?

Sorry... “out for a jog” is another cynical way to describe fleeing from a crime scene or apprehension.  

If you watch the surveillance video from across the street from the dwelling, Arbery is just walking, looks both ways and then darts into the house. He’s confronted on screen by a man who turns out to be the one that filmed the eventual murder. At this point you see Mr Arbery sprint up the street. 
There have been so many lies by supporters on both sides. Earlier on people were claiming that Arbery was wearing boots. They don’t look like boots to me in the surveillance footage from inside the house. But those aren’t athletic shorts he’s wearing either, so it proves nothing.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sorry... “out for a jog” is another cynical way to describe fleeing from a crime scene or apprehension.  

If you watch the surveillance video from across the street from the dwelling, Arbery is just walking, looks both ways and then darts into the house. He’s confronted on screen by a man who turns out to be the one that filmed the eventual murder. At this point you see Mr Arbery sprint up the street. 
There have been so many lies by supporters on both sides. Earlier on people were claiming that Arbery was wearing boots. They don’t look like boots to me in the surveillance footage from inside the house. But those aren’t athletic shorts he’s wearing either, so it proves nothing.  

But was he “fleeing” from a crime (other than simple trespass) or was he just leaving the house he was snooping around in? It’s all how you pose it. Nobody said all the other people in the many videos were fleeing. Also, did you just commit a Freudian slip? You just called it an “eventual murder” and not a death due to self defense. Interesting...

Okay... I just watched the video from MN and that’s rough stuff. 
I’m a jerk, but I’ll give my opinion. 
The knee on the neck didn’t kill that dude. If you can talk/scream, your airway isn’t obstructed. If pressure is being applied to BOTH of your carotid arteries, you’re going to slip into unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. Mr Floyd appears to be suffering from neither an obstructed airway or loss of blood flow to his brain. My suspicion is that when the medical examiner’s report comes back, we’ll find the cause of death to an overdose or a medical condition such as the one that killed Eric Garner (acute asthma attack).  The police believed that he was having a medical episode, and that’s why they called the ambulance. 

None of that changes the fact that this officer showed a depraved indifference for the life of Mr Floyd. I believe that the knew that the passive force he was using was not causing any grave injury or threat of death to Mr Floyd. But by staying there, ignoring the distressed and deteriorating condition of the detainee, he failed us all. The officer enjoyed what he was doing based on his comments and actions while physically detaining Mr Floyd. He long since should have switched from detaining to life-saving measures. Ease up pressure after the man is subdued, check the man’s pulse, start CPR if necessary. Don’t sit up there and make smart comments to onlookers while the guy is literally dying beneath you. 
This scenario should be displayed to all young recruits as a display of how NOT to act. 

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s no dispute that there are more killings among our same race. That’s what you keep parroting. But when it’s obvious that twice as many white people are killed by black people  (500+) than there are blacks people killed by white people (229) in 2016, who’s in more danger? White people!  The idea that there is a danger to blacks people caused by white people and police is just laughable. Y’all kill more of us every year! Like.... twice as many. And you danged sure kill more of each other than any other group kills their own.  

Can’t argue with stats.

media just loves to rile people up for the sake of views and clicks.

and certain people can’t think for themselves and use common sense and FACTS.

check your emotions. 

28 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Can’t argue with stats.

media just loves to rile people up for the sake of views and clicks.

and certain people can’t think for themselves and use common sense and FACTS.

check your emotions. 

Can’t argue with stats? I tend to greatly disagree. Did someone say China Virus Stats? Facts and stats are 2 different things. Perhaps you misspoke. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay... I just watched the video from MN and that’s rough stuff. 
I’m a jerk, but I’ll give my opinion. 
The knee on the neck didn’t kill that dude. If you can talk/scream, your airway isn’t obstructed. If pressure is being applied to BOTH of your carotid arteries, you’re going to slip into unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. Mr Floyd appears to be suffering from neither an obstructed airway or loss of blood flow to his brain. My suspicion is that when the medical examiner’s report comes back, we’ll find the cause of death to an overdose or a medical condition such as the one that killed Eric Garner (acute asthma attack).  The police believed that he was having a medical episode, and that’s why they called the ambulance. 

None of that changes the fact that this officer showed a depraved indifference for the life of Mr Floyd. I believe that the knew that the passive force he was using was not causing any grave injury or threat of death to Mr Floyd. But by staying there, ignoring the distressed and deteriorating condition of the detainee, he failed us all. The officer enjoyed what he was doing based on his comments and actions while physically detaining Mr Floyd. He long since should have switched from detaining to life-saving measures. Ease up pressure after the man is subdued, check the man’s pulse, start CPR if necessary. Don’t sit up there and make smart comments to onlookers while the guy is literally dying beneath you. 
This scenario should be displayed to all young recruits as a display of how NOT to act. 

It you can talk doesn’t mean that you can breath. I am a Lead CPR instructor.  The American Heart Association talks about a partial airway obstruction that can become a complete airway obstruction if not addressed. It only takes takes the brain four minutes to go without oxygen. With a partial airway obstruction you can talk. When the person can no longer talk or lips turn blue you begin CPR starting with chest compressions 30 compressions to 2  breaths for 5 cycles. If a person is standing, coughing and able to talk you encourage the individual to continue coughing because he has a partial airway obstruction. Once the cough becomes faint or weak you begin by placing your hand around his waist enter locking you hands making a fist. Placing you fists two inches above the navel but below the sternum. Press inward and upward until the individual ex spells the object or goes unconscious. Then you begin CPR. 
starting with chest compressions. Before you administer breaths look for the object and never do a blind finger sweep.

i can’t say if the knee did or did not contribute to his death. The autopsy will shed some light.

9 minutes ago, Law Man said:

It you can talk doesn’t mean that you can breath. I am a Lead CPR instructor.  The American Heart Association talks about a partial airway obstruction that can become a complete airway obstruction if not addressed. It only takes takes the brain four minutes to go without oxygen. With a partial airway obstruction you can talk. When the person can no longer talk or lips turn blue you begin CPR starting with chest compressions 30 compressions to 2  breaths for 5 cycles. If a person is standing, coughing and able to talk you encourage the individual to continue coughing because he has a partial airway obstruction. Once the cough becomes faint or weak you begin by placing your hand around his waist enter locking you hands making a fist. Placing you fists two inches above the navel but below the sternum. Press inward and upward until the individual ex spells the object or goes unconscious. Then you begin CPR. 
starting with chest compressions. Before you administer breaths look for the object and never do a blind finger sweep.

i can’t say if the knee did or did not contribute to his death. The autopsy will shed some light.

That's my point as well.  My beliefs line up further to the "the knee itself didn't kill him" side of the argument than yours, though. 

I'm well aware that every detainee complains that his/her cuffs are too tight.  "I can't breathe" is said during many, many arrests that work out just fine.  

I'm pretty claustrophobic. I get panicky if I put on a hoodie that's too small.  I don't ride in the backseat of two-door cars or extended cab trucks because I'm scared that I can't get out if something bad happens.  IF I somehow find myself in custody, I'm fairly certain that my heart rate will run away and my ability to breathe will be greatly decreased, knee on my neck or not.  The problem is that if I'm not resisting and start foaming at the mouth and turning blue, I pray to God that the arresting officer has a little human decency and doesn't just hold me down and make wisecracks until my freaking life is gone. 

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

According to the Justice Dept's stats.. My statement is correct.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's my point as well.  My beliefs line up further to the "the knee itself didn't kill him" side of the argument than yours, though. 

I'm well aware that every detainee complains that his/her cuffs are too tight.  "I can't breathe" is said during many, many arrests that work out just fine.  

I'm pretty claustrophobic. I get panicky if I put on a hoodie that's too small.  I don't ride in the backseat of two-door cars or extended cab trucks because I'm scared that I can't get out if something bad happens.  IF I somehow find myself in custody, I'm fairly certain that my heart rate will run away and my ability to breathe will be greatly decreased, knee on my neck or not.  The problem is that if I'm not resisting and start foaming at the mouth and turning blue, I pray to God that the arresting officer has a little human decency and doesn't just hold me down and make wisecracks until my freaking life is gone. 

His death was ruled a homicide. The medical examiner said that what the officer did was akin to a chokehold. 

Man that officer killed that man by putting his knee on his neck.  Anybody this side of a 'neck troll on a backwater msg board can see that.   That's why they fired him.  And if he didn't kill him he is stupid for keeping his knee on his neck.  Perception is reality.  But he didn't care.  He has done similar and got away with it so many times before until it didn't matter to him.  He was just sitting there, staring into the camera, with his knees still on the guys neck.  While the guy is begging for his life.  Officer just sitting there, knees down, hands in his pockets.  Cool as ..Bwana. in a uniform.  

41 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Man that officer killed that man by putting his knee on his neck.  Anybody this side of a 'neck troll on a backwater msg board can see that.   That's why they fired him.  And if he didn't kill him he is stupid for keeping his knee on his neck.  Perception is reality.  But he didn't care.  He has done similar and got away with it so many times before until it didn't matter to him.  He was just sitting there, staring into the camera, with his knees still on the guys neck.  While the guy is begging for his life.  Officer just sitting there, knees down, hands in his pockets.  Cool as ..Bwana. in a uniform.  

What does your Bible teach you about bearing false witness against your neighbor?

That's why they fired him.  Remember that sentiment when the city of Minneapolis is paying out millions of dollars in wrongful termination lawsuits.  Their are provisions and protections in the police officers' collective bargaining agreement with the city that have been broken by the city.  The city's knee-jerk firings just cost the taxpayers a ton of money.

52 minutes ago, Big girl said:

According to the Justice Dept's stats.. My statement is correct.

You don't even understand what you're saying.

This is the hidden content, please

In the US during 2018, there were:

1.  6088 white people murdered.

2.  7407 black people murdered.

Despite making up only 13% of the population, over half (50%) of the murder victims in the US were black. 

You keep saying that's okay because mostly black people are killing all of those black people. 

Is that what you mean?

27 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You don't even understand what you're saying.

This is the hidden content, please

In the US during 2018, there were:

1.  6088 white people murdered.

2.  7407 black people murdered.

Despite making up only 13% of the population, over half (50%) of the murder victims in the US were black. 

You keep saying that's okay because mostly black people are killing all of those black people. 

Is that what you mean?

Since we are correcting people on their bad facts, I will say this statement is probably false. No Hispanic or Asian or any other race was killed in 2018. I am pretty sure it will fall under 50%. 

4 hours ago, Law Man said:

If you can talk for more than what your last breath gives you, then you can breathe, albeit on possibly a limited basis.