Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

CardinalBacker

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Arbery was seen in yet another video, this one back in February.  In this one he was yet again inside that construction sight.  Southern survival 101, do not jog in white neighborhoods.  
Also, do not steal or trespass.   They may kill you.

Goes for any race!

I can relate to young black males.  I was one myself.  Within the context of discussions about Ahmaud Arbery things have been said.  How black young males are so aggressive.  And the black community are a bunch of hypocrites.  How we need to get the moat out of our eyes.  H..there is more than enough hypoccracy to go around.  When those young aggressive black males are making buckets or running touchdowns, or making tackles  the anonymous sports junkies hypocrites have nothing to say.  But when I take up for young black males, by posting words of warning, all of a sudden I hate white people.  I get slapped with some chicken bleep stereo type so that I can be moved out of the way.

13 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I can relate to young black males.  I was one myself.  Within the context of discussions about Ahmaud Arbery things have been said.  How black young males are so aggressive.  And the black community are a bunch of hypocrites.  How we need to get the moat out of our eyes.  H..there is more than enough hypoccracy to go around.  When those young aggressive black males are making buckets or running touchdowns, or making tackles  the anonymous sports junkies hypocrites have nothing to say.  But when I take up for young black males, by posting words of warning, all of a sudden I hate white people.  I get slapped with some chicken bleep stereo type so that I can be moved out of the way.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I simply responded to your ridiculous comment of Southern survival 101, don’t jog in white neighborhoods.  You shouldn’t be surprised when you get called out for that.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

A 25 year old black male should not jog along Williams rd. between 287 & 96 in Lumberton.  Not safe.  Call it southern survival 101, common sense (they're both the same).  

Should a white male ( or even worse, a white female) jog down 21st street or Pine street in Silsbee?

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

A 25 year old black male should not jog along Williams rd. between 287 & 96 in Lumberton.  Not safe.  Call it southern survival 101, common sense (they're both the same).  

Dude, you are so full of yourself. There are places in Beaumont that my wife and I are uncomfortable driving through during daytime. Guess if we got shot at and killed people would say we should have known better? It sure wouldn’t make national news.

So here’s what’s funny. The “white” side is trying to explain to the “black” side how everything is so much better and that the blacks should be more content with the status quo. Meanwhile, the blacks are trying to tell the white folk that they feel like they just got off a slave ship yesterday and are serving a life of fear and hell on earth. The reality is that NEITHER side truly sees what each other sees or experiences. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. If we could all admit that there are issues on BOTH sides of the spectrum instead of just pointing fingers, then we would have a better chance of finding common ground. 

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So here’s what’s funny. The “white” side is trying to explain to the “black” side how everything is so much better and that the blacks should be more content with the status quo. Meanwhile, the blacks are trying to tell the white folk that they feel like they just got off a slave ship yesterday and are serving a life of fear and hell on earth. The reality is that NEITHER side truly sees what each other sees or experiences. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. If we could all admit that there are issues on BOTH sides of the spectrum instead of just pointing fingers, then we would have a better chance of finding common ground. 

Correct, and I have taken no sides in this. I have asked questions to get answers from those who think they were there and know exactly what happened. There are 3 who know exactly what happened, and one of them is dead. I will always respond to stupid statements that try to show how situations only affect one race.

31 minutes ago, baddog said:

Correct, and I have taken no sides in this. I have asked questions to get answers from those who think they were there and know exactly what happened. There are 3 who know exactly what happened, and one of them is dead. I will always respond to stupid statements that try to show how situations only affect one race.

You act as if I was talking to you specifically.... Hmmmm.

This is a hard topic to read. Even worse for those who have lived thru all the hate. More of the media convincing society we are at war with each other. Divide and conquer. Black vs white. Republicans vs Democrats. Christians vs non believers. Controversy sells.

But the truth of the matter is mistakes were made by all involved. I thought we were moving passed this type of unnecessary loss of life. I dont care what he may have stole, or planned to steal. Life is a valuable commodity that should not have been wasted.

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Controversy sells.

Furthermore, just look at the number of views and replys here, as well as the other racially sensitive topic in the locker room. I believe they were both started with bad intentions. Which is why all of these local racial division stories have come into play once again. Unfortunatley we must have this discussion for both sides to attempt to understand the others point of view. The division is real, especially here in the land of anonymous posters. Some have shown their true colors, and others are sitting back, watching the drama unfold.

To quote PAs own Chad Butler...
"I ain't dissin nobody, no particular name."

Some of yall know the rest. Absolutely no disrespect intended.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Just trying to get a reaction. Lol. 

This is a sad situation and who knows what “REALLY” happened? All we can do here is speculate. 
What bothers me most of all is that two months ago, no one even knew about this. 

8 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

But then how would we know who to vote for?

20 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Furthermore, just look at the number of views and replys here, as well as the other racially sensitive topic in the locker room. I believe they were both started with bad intentions. Which is why all of these local racial division stories have come into play once again. Unfortunatley we must have this discussion for both sides to attempt to understand the others point of view. The division is real, especially here in the land of anonymous posters. Some have shown their true colors, and others are sitting back, watching the drama unfold.

To quote PAs own Chad Butler...
"I ain't dissin nobody, no particular name."

Some of yall know the rest. Absolutely no disrespect intended.

Well, since I started both of those topics, I'll feel free to address.... unless you have a problem with that, too.

The only thing "racially sensitive" about either topic is that some people get really sensitive when discussing matters of race.  Unless, of course, we're talking "privilege" and "oppression."  Then it's okay.  

The Jasper underage/sex assault story was literally the only "sports" story on the local news broadcast last week, and it was the top news story for at least one of those days.  And as far as race goes, there was no racial angle about that story.  When the story broke, I had no idea whether the race of the victim.  My guess it wasn't a "racially sensitive" topic until YOU realized that there were different races involved.   

But thank you for emphasizing my point for me.  Some people can't seem to understand that it's not always about race. 

This is the hidden content, please

Also... Back in December the local police out there directed the homeowner to contact his neighbor (the shooter's dad) the next time somebody went into his house because the police were tired of repeated phone calls from the property owner.  That kinda busts the media narrative about "there had been no other break-ins in the area, other than the shooter's truck" lie that was getting pushed around since day one.   That's been my point all along.... the only "racial angle" that can be seen here is that the victim and shooter are of different races.  That's it. 

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, since I started both of those topics, I'll feel free to address.... unless you have a problem with that, too.

The only thing "racially sensitive" about either topic is that some people get really sensitive when discussing matters of race.  Unless, of course, we're talking "privilege" and "oppression."  Then it's okay.  

The Jasper underage/sex assault story was literally the only "sports" story on the local news broadcast last week, and it was the top news story for at least one of those days.  And as far as race goes, there was no racial angle about that story.  When the story broke, I had no idea whether the race of the victim.  My guess it wasn't a "racially sensitive" topic until YOU realized that there were different races involved.   

But thank you for emphasizing my point for me.  Some people can't seem to understand that it's not always about race. 

This is the hidden content, please

Also... Back in December the local police out there directed the homeowner to contact his neighbor (the shooter's dad) the next time somebody went into his house because the police were tired of repeated phone calls from the property owner.  That kinda busts the media narrative about "there had been no other break-ins in the area, other than the shooter's truck" lie that was getting pushed around since day one.   That's been my point all along.... the only "racial angle" that can be seen here is that the victim and shooter are of different races.  That's it. 

According to the article you posted, there have been no break ins in almost 2 months. Then it says there is video of other people than Arbery in the home. 

The “Police” didn’t tell the neighbor to call the shooter in case they saw something, a lazy cop did. I am fairly certain that his chief has seen the accusation by now and that officer’s job might be on the line or some lesser punishment. I can translate, don’t bother me with this stuff, call the retired cop next door. 

I am almost appalled by the response from the officer if that part of the story is true. See a prowler? Call the old guy living in the neighborhood and let him handle it. 

Assuming  that is true, I hope they spank him. 

40 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

According to the article you posted, there have been no break ins in almost 2 months. Then it says there is video of other people than Arbery in the home. 

The “Police” didn’t tell the neighbor to call the shooter in case they saw something, a lazy cop did. I am fairly certain that his chief has seen the accusation by now and that officer’s job might be on the line or some lesser punishment. I can translate, don’t bother me with this stuff, call the retired cop next door. 

I am almost appalled by the response from the officer if that part of the story is true. See a prowler? Call the old guy living in the neighborhood and let him handle it. 

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

That’s funny... every progressive out there says that the key to solving the most dangerous problem facing black America today (rouge cops) was COMMUNITY POLICING!

This, my friend, is what “community policing” looks like, and you’re hoping that the cop gets “spanked” or loses his job over it. This is what Kap was hoping to create by wearing his piggy socks. 

7 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

I wonder if that clip is legit? 

Even if it’s not Arbery, it’s a good illustration of what I’m talking about. You have cops who expect the worst out of young black men, and it’s understandable... you have young black men who are also expecting the worst out of cops, so I can recognize some of that anger comes from. BOTH sides have some work to do. 

When I was this young man’s age I was a long hair with a hot rod. We were constantly attracting the attention of law enforcement to the point that it sometimes felt like we were being picked on... we ended up with a lot of their attention. The big differences were that those were choices that we made to attract that attention, and you could lose that attention with a haircut and different ride... young men like this one can’t escape the suspicion that goes with being young and black. 
Also, the attention that we received involved tickets and the occasional cussing... nobody EVER had any type of weapon pointed at them. So it’s not really all that comparable.