Question.... Developing.

CardinalBacker

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Just to try to get it correctly, no outcry has been reported to the police but they should have investigated?

I am not placing the blame on police.  I am quite sure of the detective’s feelings on the matter.  But I also think a pretty strong inference can be drawn on a family reporting one instance of a “crime” and not the other.  

54 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Unless you are the parents charging the young black man and not the older young white man then you don’t know exactly why they made that choice. Could be racial. Could be because the white kid has a family with money, could be because the white kid is better to the girl, could be because a number of things that you don’t know because you have limited knowledge. 

I understand your point.  And that is based on the assumption I have limited knowledge.  

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Unless you are the parents charging the young black man and not the older young white man then you don’t know exactly why they made that choice. Could be racial. Could be because the white kid has a family with money, could be because the white kid is better to the girl, could be because a number of things that you don’t know because you have limited knowledge. 

The family COULD have come to the conclusion that the young just “has an itch she cant’t scratch” and gave up trying to restrict her. 

I’ll be honest.. if my baby girl was involved with one older guy who got in trouble, the popped back up with another one (knocked up), I don’t think I could unashamedly walk into the police station and demand action on behalf of my baby again. 

But some folks see racism.  

It could be either or neither. We just don’t know. 

This is a heinous crime or has the potential to be. I believe the justice system will work it out. If he is guilty then he will be punished. If he is not then he should be declared so. The problem is the child who is involved will have to relive the situation again and again as this process continues (if in fact there is a crime).

This is the hidden content, please

According to KJAS, the Pineland Municipal Court is reporting that the 14 year old came forward and reported a sexual assault and named Collins and an unnamed juvenile from Jasper as her two attackers.  Also alleged some type of restraint was used against her.  

Those details (if true) would kind of take it out of the "Romeo and Juliet" type of situation that we'd all been kind of hoping for and move it into something a little more sinister. 

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the hidden content, please

According to KJAS, the Pineland Municipal Court is reporting that the 14 year old came forward and reported a sexual assault and named Collins and an unnamed juvenile from Jasper as her two attackers.  Also alleged some type of restraint was used against her.  

Those details (if true) would kind of take it out of the "Romeo and Juliet" type of situation that we'd all been kind of hoping for and move it into something a little more sinister. 

and just like that the crowd went silent.....

On 5/13/2020 at 12:27 AM, TxHoops said:

I know of a case right now, where a young man who is about 38 months older than the “victim” is charged with the sexual assault.   Black guy, white girl, consensual relations.  Same “victim” is also now pregnant with another guy’s child, said guy older than the one who has been charged with a felony.   Baby daddy is not black and no charges have been filed on him - “victim” and he are still a couple and her family has never filed a complaint with law enforcement. 

Maybe that can clear it up for some of you how race can be a factor.  

That s sad situation...

is there a way for black guy to appeal and use said information of girls now situation.

3 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

That s sad situation...

is there a way for black guy to appeal and use said information of girls now situation.

Case in ongoing.  So yes, the information can be used.  It’s rough when there is a law, like this one that has been complained of for years, that doesn’t allow much leewayonce a prosecutor chooses to indict.   It has been argued, quite logically, that the law should provide a defense for consensual situations involving young people who attend the same high school.   Two young men could perform the same act (with the same girl) who were born one day apart, one commits a felony, the other is in the clear.  But that requires common sense and a bit of cojones by the legislature.  As we all know, both are in short supply there. 

But the young man in this instance is well represented and the case is before an excellent judge.  

3 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

and just like that the crowd went silent.....

To be clear, the case I’m speaking of is completely different from the Jasper case.  I know nothing about that one, other than what we’ve all read.  The one I’m speaking of was a paramour relationship between two young people that was consensual.  It was originally reported differently, but text messages between the alleged “victim” and her friends proved otherwise.   Thus, it then fell under a statutory situation. 

Obviously when a case involves an true sexual assault, it should be a felony regardless of age.  And I also agree that the penalty should be higher the younger a victim is. 

Regardless of 14 and 17, Days,Nights and minutes, the older has to know better whether consensual or not. You just signed a LOI to play college ball...someone in your age group would have probably been ready for sex with you just because but instead you had manipulated the mind of a 14 year old and took it. I feel bad for both parties involved and pray for justice and peace. We as parents have to educate our boys and girls on the severity of situations like this and pray we dont have to go thru it....Saddens me that this happens every so often somewhere but we dont hear about it alot more because most dont get caught because the age difference isn't this far apart but this time it's close to home and far in age...

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

To be clear, the case I’m speaking of is completely different from the Jasper case.  I know nothing about that one, other than what we’ve all read.  The one I’m speaking of was a paramour relationship between two young people that was consensual.  It was originally reported differently, but text messages between the alleged “victim” and her friends proved otherwise.   Thus, it then fell under a statutory situation. 

Obviously when a case involves an true sexual assault, it should be a felony regardless of age.  And I also agree that the penalty should be higher the younger a victim is. 

It’s tough because you have to draw a line somewhere. 3 years difference where the younger party is at least 14 is where the line got penciled in. It’s even more nutty because so many of us end up married to women who have a greater age difference than three years. 
And you’ve got kids trying to hash out the legalities with raging hormones. The whole situation is just goofy. 

5 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Regardless of 14 and 17, Days,Nights and minutes, the older has to know better whether consensual or not. You just signed a LOI to play college ball...someone in your age group would have probably been ready for sex with you just because but instead you had manipulated the mind of a 14 year old and took it. I feel bad for both parties involved and pray for justice and peace. We as parents have to educate our boys and girls on the severity of situations like this and pray we dont have to go thru it....Saddens me that this happens every so often somewhere but we dont hear about it alot more because most dont get caught because the age difference isn't this far apart but this time it's close to home and far in age...

Yeah... you can’t talk to kids at that age. And even if you did somehow manage to get your point across, all it takes is a pic of a nipple and everything that they know goes right out the window.  I would have been the same way. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s tough because you have to draw a line somewhere. 3 years difference where the younger party is at least 14 is where the line got penciled in. It’s even more nutty because so many of us end up married to women who have a greater age difference than three years. 
And you’ve got kids trying to hash out the legalities with raging hormones. The whole situation is just goofy. 

We do have to draw the line somewhere but we have what are called “affirmative defenses” in all kinds of crimes.  If you inserted one that involved being enrolled on the same campus, the arbitrariness of 36 months and 35 months/29 days would be resolved in many instances.  Not saying it would solve every miscarriage of justice but it’s a start. 

16 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

We do have to draw the line somewhere but we have what are called “affirmative defenses” in all kinds of crimes.  If you inserted one that involved being enrolled on the same campus, the arbitrariness of 36 months and 35 months/29 days would be resolved in many instances.  Not saying it would solve every miscarriage of justice but it’s a start. 

That’s not a bad start. I’m curious if things are any better in districts that end up with a freshman campus. Those kids are in a really weird bracket. Too mature to be around the pre-teens but not ready for the upperclassmen, either.