Highschool football books

22 hours ago, Aledoalumni said:

Couple of questions. Did you know how the season went for Aledo before you watched? Also was there anything in particular that you liked or didnt like? 

I had a vague idea of how it went that year. No not really, at this point anything I can watch that is sports or sports related I'm really enjoying. Probably about to start watching any old sports movies I can get ahold of. I think I've got Rudy somewhere on VHS, probably going to watch that tonight if I can find it 😀

On 5/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, NetCat said:

I had a vague idea of how it went that year. No not really, at this point anything I can watch that is sports or sports related I'm really enjoying. Probably about to start watching any old sports movies I can get ahold of. I think I've got Rudy somewhere on VHS, probably going to watch that tonight if I can find it 😀

I love Tin Cup.   He & I have the same favorite restaurant, Waffle House.  😂😂😂.

My G’son got me to watch Friday Night Lights and Remember the Titans.   I enjoyed both immensely.   Doubt any local older person can watch RTT and not think about Coach Durley and the first year of West Brook.   What a great man.  What a fantastic football mind.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, prepballfan said:

I read playing for pizza it was a great book

I read "Bleachers" years ago. It starts out as a good read, but it follows the plot of "Varsity Blues" so much its an entirely unoriginal book. I enjoyed the writing though -- Like all John Grisham books, the story is presented very well. But if you haven't seen "Varsity Blues," it's a relatively short book with a pretty good football story.