Highschool football books

During this coronavirus quarantine I decided to buy some football books about some respected high school football coaches. The first one was W.T. Johnson Between the white lines and G.A. Moore Beyond Just a win. Both of these books are very good and tell stories how coaching makes a impact on communities. I like G. A. Moore style he was old school kind of guy and did some stuff in practice that would have had carol baskins upset about in this day and age of football.  If anyone has any  recommendations on any more football books let me know.

Guest Aledoalumni

Not sure about any books but there is a documentary on the 2016 Aledo football season on Amazon Prime called Titletown, Tx. They also have it on youtube. This might be me being bias but its pretty dang good. 

17 hours ago, Aledoalumni said:

Not sure about any books but there is a documentary on the 2016 Aledo football season on Amazon Prime called Titletown, Tx. They also have it on youtube. This might be me being bias but its pretty dang good. 

Thanks for the info. I ran out of things to watch a while ago. I'll be turning this on later tonight. No sports on TV is killing me! 

Guest Aledoalumni
3 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Thanks for the info. I ran out of things to watch a while ago. I'll be turning this on later tonight. No sports on TV is killing me! 

Let me know what you think. 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:01 PM, Aledoalumni said:

I liked it a lot.... I wasn't nearly as impressed by the follow up season(s) at the reform school.  

I liked Last Chance U (the first two seasons, mostly) as well as QB1 on Netflix.  Definite binge-worthy material.  Haven't gotten to watch All American yet.

And I still like to watch Friday Night Lights (the tv show) during the summer to get ready for tackle football season.  I've probably watched the whole thing about 5 times now.  

Guest Aledoalumni
30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I liked it a lot.... I wasn't nearly as impressed by the follow up season(s) at the reform school.  

I liked Last Chance U (the first two seasons, mostly) as well as QB1 on Netflix.  Definite binge-worthy material.  Haven't gotten to watch All American yet.

And I still like to watch Friday Night Lights (the tv show) during the summer to get ready for tackle football season.  I've probably watched the whole thing about 5 times now.  

I've never watched the Friday Night Lights tv series. I guess I'm missing out? 

35 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

I've never watched the Friday Night Lights tv series. I guess I'm missing out? 

It's getting a little dated now... most of the actor/actresses are much older in real life now, so it's a little depressing.

I'd like to run away with Coach Taylor's wife.  Then, not so much now.  

It's far-fetched, of course, but it's a really good series.  You'll still see usernames on the boards that originated on that show. 

Guest Aledoalumni
22 minutes ago, NetCat said:

It was a great watch! Thank you for mentioning it! 

No problem, I kinda wish we could get another season lol. 

Guest Aledoalumni
6 hours ago, NetCat said:

It was a great watch! Thank you for mentioning it! 

Couple of questions. Did you know how the season went for Aledo before you watched? Also was there anything in particular that you liked or didnt like?