SETX 2014 Allstars vs SETX 2020 Allstars

Sometimes an area gets a real good group of players. SETX has had a few. Who would win between SETX 2014 vs SETX 2020

SETX 2014                              vs                SETX 2020

PG Jordan Hunter Ozen                              PG Kasen Harrison BMT United

SG Zjori Bosha HJ                                       SG Braelon Bush Silsbee

SF E'Torrian Wilridge Central                      SF Hayden Hefner Nederland

PF Colton Weisbrod   Nederland                 PF Kenneth Lofton Jr. PA Memorial

C Dorian Chatman  Pa Memorial                 C Nate Clover PA Memorial

9 hours ago, Texas Hooper said:

Sometimes an area gets a real good group of players. SETX has had a few. Who would win between SETX 2014 vs SETX 2020

SETX 2014                              vs                SETX 2020

PG Jordan Hunter Ozen                              PG Kasen Harrison BMT United

SG Zjori Bosha HJ                                       SG Braelon Bush Silsbee

SF E'Torrian Wilridge Central                      SF Hayden Hefner Nederland

PF Colton Weisbrod   Nederland                 PF Kenneth Lofton Jr. PA Memorial

C Dorian Chatman  Pa Memorial                 C Nate Clover PA Memorial

‘14 at every position but the 2.  That one is close (if you use Paige, not as close with Bosha).  Bush is a superior scorer but Paige was bigger and a better defender.  I would probably take Bush though.  Both had a lot of the “it” factor but Braelon’s intangibles are off the charts.  

Also, if you swap ‘20’s 4 and 5s, I would take Loftin.  But putting Loftin against Weisbrod is matching almost identical games, and no one played that style better than Colton.  

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

‘14 at every position but the 2.  That one is close (if you use Paige, not as close with Bosha).  Bush is a superior scorer but Paige was bigger and a better defender.  I would probably take Bush though.  Both had a lot of the “it” factor but Braelon’s intangibles are off the charts.  

Also, if you swap ‘20’s 4 and 5s, I would take Loftin.  But putting Loftin against Weisbrod is matching almost identical games, and no one played that style better than Colton.  

Very good explanation,  especially the part about Wiesbrod.  And I'd leave Bosha since he was a more superior scorer with length...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Very good explanation,  especially the part about Wiesbrod.  And I'd leave Bosha since he was a more superior scorer with length...

He scored more because WOS had Q running the offense.  Saw them play against each other several times in Hs.  Never a doubt who the better player was on the floor.  Bosha was a better shooter but Paige shot the ball well.  Q was better at literally every other facet of the game.  Wasn’t especially close actually.   If you were going to put someone else in that spot from that season, it would be Nijal.   He and Paige were on a different level from the other guards not named Hunter.  But he wasn’t a senior thus his absence from this list. 

I think the underrated position is the 5. Chatman was really good and would pull Clover away from the basket to really open it up for Hunter and ToeToe. Also Lofton is very good but didn't see anyone this year with the size and speed of Colton. Let us not forget Colton beat ozen in a playoff game with a buzzer beater going LEFT HANDED on the drive spinning between a double team to make the winning layup. Ended the game with 41 point 23 rebounds 6 ast and followed it up with 42 against Central. Hunter won District MVP but Colton won 4A STATE Player of the year. I think 2014 would win BUT if they played 10times it could easily be a 5-5 tie. I hear so many people talking SIZE with bush and he would get posted up but my question is out of all 10 of the players listed DO YOU REMEMBER POSTING UP. Kids don't even know how to post up now days. Plus guards cant even pass into the post lol. Bush will be fine as long as he doest have to guard COLTON lol Nice convo guys 

20 hours ago, Texas Hooper said:

I think the underrated position is the 5. Chatman was really good and would pull Clover away from the basket to really open it up for Hunter and ToeToe. Also Lofton is very good but didn't see anyone this year with the size and speed of Colton. Let us not forget Colton beat ozen in a playoff game with a buzzer beater going LEFT HANDED on the drive spinning between a double team to make the winning layup. Ended the game with 41 point 23 rebounds 6 ast and followed it up with 42 against Central. Hunter won District MVP but Colton won 4A STATE Player of the year. I think 2014 would win BUT if they played 10times it could easily be a 5-5 tie. I hear so many people talking SIZE with bush and he would get posted up but my question is out of all 10 of the players listed DO YOU REMEMBER POSTING UP. Kids don't even know how to post up now days. Plus guards cant even pass into the post lol. Bush will be fine as long as he doest have to guard COLTON lol Nice convo guys 

3 of the 5 2014 starters played a lot with their back to the basket.  And Q was capable of doing it as well.  He played above the rim even shooting jumpers so he’s a tough matchup for the 2014s.  He’s also the best on ball defender which you need playing Bush.   Problem is rim protection when you have a size mismatch.  You have Clover who can block shots and the next best one you have is definitely Hefner.   2020 gets murdered in the paint.  I don’t see it anywhere close to a 5/5 tie.