Let’s Pray they DON’T

SmashMouth

I’m thinking the sky over the fields would be full of drones.

On a realistic note, I think we’ll be close to normal by the end of August.  I’ve been wrong before (thought aliens would land on the White House lawn in Feb 2000), but I just don’t think we, Americans, can stand this a whole lot longer, unless the deaths get a whole lot worse than now.  I don’t mean to sound callous, but our deaths are less than 0.02% of our population.   Jmo

18 hours ago, oldman said:

If no fans in the stands happens ( I hope it doesn’t) then well over half the the schools in Houston ISD wouldn’t be affected.   Most don’t bring any fans anyway.

What is the purpose of making rude a$% comments like that? Its not the kids fault the parents don't and haven't supported their kids. People like you should step in the lives of one of these young men for a week and then come back and say something sarcastic! You are probably spoon fed growing up. 

53 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

What is the purpose of making rude a$% comments like that? Its not the kids fault the parents don't and haven't supported their kids. People like you should step in the lives of one of these young men for a week and then come back and say something sarcastic! You are probably spoon fed growing up. 

Easy, there.... I didn’t take his statement as particularly rude or aimed at the h-town kids. 

The fact is that a lot of the Houston schools don’t have community support. Sorry if the truth offends you. 

5 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

First of all,  comment wasn’t rude.  Not sure how you got rude out of that post.

Second, Who are you to judge me?   People like me....you don’t know me.  People like you need to not judge people based on assumptions.

Have a great day!!!  Off to get my spoon fed meal.

Whats odd to me is that everyone is not stating the obvious which is video streaming the games.  You are going to have to buy a subscription and have a great internet connection to watch your favorite teams.  I can see the season ticket holders being sent a password before the game to be able to watch.  Just a vision of what may happen.  Believe me I don't want this at all, but i can see all school activities being done this way.

7 hours ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Whats odd to me is that everyone is not stating the obvious which is video streaming the games.  You are going to have to buy a subscription and have a great internet connection to watch your favorite teams.  I can see the season ticket holders being sent a password before the game to be able to watch.  Just a vision of what may happen.  Believe me I don't want this at all, but i can see all school activities being done this way.

It's possible but I was wondering maybe only the immediate family of the players may be allowed to attend up to 4 people per athlete  due to there will be enough room to social distance from one another and it will give the support to the team there rooting for and if 1 family member doesnt attend you may be able to bring a guess in his or her place. Facebook live will become more popular than ever then.... Just a thought....Carry On...

Imo, it all boils down to schools opening.  If the schools open, there will be football.  Ah, some of you are thinking, we can’t have contact sports.  That’s 🐂💩.   There’s more contact in school halls when the bell rings than you’ll ever see on a football field.   And anyone making the decision now of whether the schools will be opening or not in August, is crazy.   That decision should be made in late July, and probably will be.   

Many experts said that heat & humidity would kill, or at least, wound the Virus.  Heaven knows SETX has plenty of that.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Imo, it all boils down to schools opening.  If the schools open, there will be football.  Ah, some of you are thinking, we can’t have contact sports.  That’s 🐂💩.   There’s more contact in school halls when the bell rings than you’ll ever see on a football field.   And anyone making the decision now of whether the schools will be opening or not in August, is crazy.   That decision should be made in late July, and probably will be.   

Many experts said that heat & humidity would kill, or at least, wound the Virus.  Heaven knows SETX has plenty of that.

I agree. It’s stupid to say that the safest group with almost zero deaths can’t play football, etc. I don’t think it’s too soon to make the decision if schools will be open. They should be open. If anyone thinks they shouldn’t be open, please explain. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:58 AM, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

On 5/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hooohead.com said:

It's possible but I was wondering maybe only the immediate family of the players may be allowed to attend up to 4 people per athlete  due to there will be enough room to social distance from one another and it will give the support to the team there rooting for and if 1 family member doesnt attend you may be able to bring a guess in his or her place. Facebook live will become more popular than ever then.... Just a thought....Carry On...

If either of these highlighted suggestions are the only “viable options”, I will be going to jail the first Friday night of high school football. Mark my effing words.