Let’s Pray they DON’T

SmashMouth

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jumbo Fisher was talking about the possibility of A&M playing their games in empty stadiums this fall. 

I still think we’ll be fine by the fall, but this thing has defied my expectations all of the way around. 

Totally agree. Exactly the reason I started this topic...

23 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

things will have to return to  as normal as you can expect it to. People have to work. things may be different from what we are use to, but sometime in the future it has to be opened back up.

I (SETXsports.com) am preparing for a 2020-2021 football season that will start on time.  I have reached out to coaches and scoured football sites for area schedules.  I will be sending out preview packages to the coaches in mid to late May and will start with the previews on our normal July 1st.

45 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I (SETXsports.com) am preparing for a 2020-2021 football season that will start on time.  I have reached out to coaches and scoured football sites for area schedules.  I will be sending out preview packages to the coaches in mid to late may and will start with the previews on our normal July 1st.

This is my mindset as well...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, SmashMouth said:

It’s still too early, but does anyone think there’s a chance of no High School Football this year? I know there are much bigger fish to fry (economy to say the least), but I’m just wondering what y’all think. Thx. 

High School Football in Southeast Texas  IS the economy!!! Need that football season!!!🏈

On 4/22/2020 at 3:52 PM, WOSgrad said:

UIL Asst. Exec. Director Jamie Harrison's talk with Dallas Morning News regarding this issue:

This is the hidden content, please

After reading that article, I had a gut wrenching thought. What are the chances they try to have HS football with no fans in the stands? The thought never even occurred to me, but then again, neither did any of the other crazy stuff going on... I know, I know...it’s 4 months away. But this China virus frenzy has stopped the entire world economy. It wouldn’t be anything for “them” to pull the plug on fans in the stands. It literally makes me sick to think about it. 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:10 AM, SmashMouth said:

After reading that article, I had a gut wrenching thought. What are the chances they try to have HS football with no fans in the stands? The thought never even occurred to me, but then again, neither did any of the other crazy stuff going on... I know, I know...it’s 4 months away. But this China virus frenzy has stopped the entire world economy. It wouldn’t be anything for “them” to pull the plug on fans in the stands. It literally makes me sick to think about it. 

I agree, it makes me sick as well.  If it is football on the radio, instead of in the stands, i will be listening to every PNG game.  I love going to PNG football, I have gone for the last 55 years.  It is far more important for the kids to get to play, but it is an entirely different atmosphere with no fan support.  I am praying for a season with no distractions, no changes & God willing, no virus.🏈

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:10 AM, SmashMouth said:

it's time to pull out helium balloon chair