Concerning The Caronavirus, Let's Get Real For A Second Shall We?

Reagan

Here’s some info.   Death rates in Germany are at 1.6.   In the US it’s 2.9.   Looks like Germany is doing great, right?

Well hold on.   Just read an article about Germany.   Evidently they had an abundance of test kits.   They started testing as many as possible.   They were testing a bunch, even younger folks, who had it but were asymptomatic.   We’re only testing those who we think have it.   It’s quite possible that had we been able to test most of our people, our death rate would be the lowest in the world.   I just hope it stays low. 

Btw, if I’ve confused any of you, let me know & I’ll go into a more detailed explanation.

This is the hidden content, please

On 4/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, stevenash said:

Did they die because of the virus or because of other immune deficiencies that got complicated by the virus?   

Either way you look at this, they died because they caught the virus. Does it matter if they died from the Corona virus or because of the Corona virus? They would still be breathing, if not for the virus. If we are on the roof of a 10 story building and I pull a gun and shoot you in the foot. While bouncing around in pain, you fall off the roof. Did you die from a gun shot wound or the fall? The way you are trying to spin this, I should be innocent since you didn't die from the gun shot wound. It was just complicated by it!!

1 minute ago, Gorilla Bob said:

Either way you look at this, they died because they caught the virus. Does it matter if they died from the Corona virus or because of the Corona virus? They would still be breathing, if not for the virus. If we are on the roof of a 10 story building and I pull a gun and shoot you in the foot. While bouncing around in pain, you fall off the roof. Did you die from a gun shot wound or the fall? The way you are trying to spin this, I should be innocent since you didn't die from the gun shot wound. It was just complicated by it!!

Maybe I didnt make my point effectively.    I am telling you that if a man dies of a heart attack today and the run the autopsy, if the virus is present in his body, the death certificate will state that he died from corona virus.   Same with pancreatic cancer, etc. etc.

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Maybe I didnt make my point effectively.    I am telling you that if a man dies of a heart attack today and the run the autopsy, if the virus is present in his body, the death certificate will state that he died from corona virus.   Same with pancreatic cancer, etc. etc.

This is probably what's happening. 

This virus curse will be over when it ceases to be EVERY news story 24-7. Someone could be murdered at the end of your street and it might get a mention on the news, but if the same person died of Covid-19, there would be chopper cameras, 4 ambulances, police, fire, and several reporters on the scene. It has become almost that bad.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Is that conjecture, fact or just painting a caricature of the situational responses?

On 4/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, Hagar said:

Here’s some info.   Death rates in Germany are at 1.6.   In the US it’s 2.9.   Looks like Germany is doing great, right?

Well hold on.   Just read an article about Germany.   Evidently they had an abundance of test kits.   They started testing as many as possible.   They were testing a bunch, even younger folks, who had it but were asymptomatic.   We’re only testing those who we think have it.   It’s quite possible that had we been able to test most of our people, our death rate would be the lowest in the world.   I just hope it stays low. 

Btw, if I’ve confused any of you, let me know & I’ll go into a more detailed explanation.

Bingo

i ve been saying this.  

some of the deaths are not by the virus even though they may have it....(Nash s point) add that to the survivors of this that had it in November thru February plus the ones that have it or had it recently but didn’t get tested(asymptomatic)

and our death rate is a lot lower.

Very interesting video from this Doctor.  One thing he mentions, News article says 1 day old baby girl dies of CV-19.   If you drill down in attached link, mother had CV-19 & was in Hospital on a ventilator.    Goes into labor & baby was born 22 weeks premature, but cause of death - CV-19.

17 hours ago, stevenash said:

Steve -- here ya go!

On 4/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, Reagan said:

Let me ask everyone here a question:  Do you know anyone with the virus?  Do you know anyone that knows anyone with the virus?  Well, I can say no to both statements. Half way through this video, you'll see a "virus tent city" with no one there.  Also, it's been stated that early on, the news media was naming names of hospitals that are being "over whelmed" with virus victims.  Citizens have gone to record this and found these hospitals are basically dead.  So, later, the news media is still reporting drastic amounts of virus victims "over whelming" hospitals but are now "not" naming the hospitals.  Very interesting!

I know someone who has it. Since you first posted on April cases have more than doubled. The mortality rate is pushing 3%, which is over ten times worse than common flu. That’s using CDC numbers. 20 - 30 thousand deaths from the flu are already baked into the system we have. That’s normal. 10 times the mortality rate for this new strain would break the system. That’s why I think we gotta err in the side of caution.

15 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I know someone who has it. Since you first posted on April cases have more than doubled. The mortality rate is pushing 3%, which is over ten times worse than common flu. That’s using CDC numbers. 20 - 30 thousand deaths from the flu are already baked into the system we have. That’s normal. 10 times the mortality rate for this new strain would break the system. That’s why I think we gotta err in the side of caution.

The CDC estimates there were 39,000,000 - 55,000,000 cases of flu last season...quite a range of error.

Did they have that many tests? no

Your numbers are based on their poor guesses, just like the numbers we are seeing with covid 19, bad guesses on poor models.

Is this something to be concerned about, yes.

Should we wreck our economy over best guesses from the so called experts that have a wide range of opinions, no.

8 hours ago, UT alum said:

If there were enough test, that 3% would be much lower.  Is it bad, yes, but the media and Dims are trying to make it worse than it is.  

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

If there were enough test, that 3% would be much lower.  Is it bad, yes, but the media and Dims are trying to make it worse than it is.  

Totally agree. I believe that there are so many skewed numbers, false positives, and totally inaccurate details, we will never have a true picture. I have gotten to the point of not believing anyone. Where did they get their numbers, from the global warming crowd ( which this has been blamed on), or the same number gatherers as the Hillary pollsters? Obviously the WHO or the CDC have no clue.

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

How do you know what testing would do? So far, about 10% of those tested in Texas have tested positive. 

12 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The CDC estimates there were 39,000,000 - 55,000,000 cases of flu last season...quite a range of error.

Did they have that many tests? no

Your numbers are based on their poor guesses, just like the numbers we are seeing with covid 19, bad guesses on poor models.

Is this something to be concerned about, yes.

Should we wreck our economy over best guesses from the so called experts that have a wide range of opinions, no.

Without a baseline, and with all numbers being mistrusted as bad guesses, what do you suggest we do to mitigate?