Concerning The Caronavirus, Let's Get Real For A Second Shall We?

Reagan

On 5/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, Hagar said:

Okay, let me blow off a little “Stay at Home” steam.   First, it aggravates the 💩 out of me that the Media is waiting with bated breath for the news that you can catch Covid 19(84) again.   And they love the fortune tellers that say, “It’ll be worse next winter”.   Basically, I’m sick of them getting orgasmic over every potential bit of bad News.

My solution - tell everyone of them their paychecks stop at the end of July if the Pandemic is not over.   Them halfwits would scour the world for potential good news.  As long as they’re working, shut’er down.  Equivalent of humans searching for carrion.  Freaking boil on the buttocks of humanity.   

Thanks for sharing my frustration & pain.

Well hello, hello.  Here’s a start.  Doubt it’s enough, but it’s starting to affect the Media.  

This is the hidden content, please

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

An avalanche of topics pushed this back 6 pages. 

Be careful in lake charles... 

Also these layoffs at Lauberge

Things are bad and I’m afraid they’re about to get worse. 

The only light that I can see is if the mortality rate stays relatively low. We’ve seen a crush of new infections, but there hasn’t been an increase in deaths.... yet. 

Too many people pretending that things are all back to normal a little too early. I know of two kids getting tested mid-week last week... they’d been sharing a vape pen over the weekend with somebody who came down with it on Monday. 

I also have some extended family that all loaded up and went on vacay to Tennessee. Families from Jasper, Cypress, and Lum all went and stayed together. Some of them are awaiting test results right now. You just can’t do that right now. 

I was at a SMALL weddin(<40 people) last week and people kept encouraging me to “go meet all of his family.” Nope. Maybe when this plays out.  I don’t even want to be around the people that I know right now. 

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Things are bad and I’m afraid they’re about to get worse. 

The only light that I can see is if the mortality rate stays relatively low. We’ve seen a crush of new infections, but there hasn’t been an increase in deaths.... yet. 

Too many people pretending that things are all back to normal a little too early. I know of two kids getting tested mid-week last week... they’d been sharing a vape pen over the weekend with somebody who came down with it on Monday. 

I also have some extended family that all loaded up and went on vacay to Tennessee. Families from Jasper, Cypress, and Lum all went and stayed together. Some of them are awaiting test results right now. You just can’t do that right now. 

I was at a SMALL weddin(<40 people) last week and people kept encouraging me to “go meet all of his family.” Nope. Maybe when this plays out.  I don’t even want to be around the people that I know right now. 

I agree, some people making bad decisions.

But sharing a vape pen? Were they in a circle? Lol. Puff, puff, hold. New normal.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

An avalanche of topics pushed this back 6 pages. 

Be careful in lake charles... 

Also these layoffs at Lauberge

My question, again, would be:  Are they counting "actual" cases are counting anyone that "may" have been exposed? 

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

My question, again, would be:  Are they counting "actual" cases are counting anyone that "may" have been exposed? 

There’s so much garbage info floating around these days from all angles. 

I know that there’s been a lot more testing lately, and I’m hearing of more and more people that are infected. I can think of five that I know right now and several awaiting results. That wasn’t the case a month ago. 

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s so much garbage info floating around these days from all angles. 

I know that there’s been a lot more testing lately, and I’m hearing of more and more people that are infected. I can think of five that I know right now and several awaiting results. That wasn’t the case a month ago. 

Are any of these folks hospitalized or in danger from covid 19 that don’t have any other health issues?

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Does it really matter? Believe what you want, you have that right. It's all crazy right now. But my coworker's brother in moss bluff does have it. So it's not a complete lie.

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Does it really matter? Believe what you want, you have that right. It's all crazy right now. But my coworker's brother in moss bluff does have it. So it's not a complete lie.

Yes it matters, very much.  If we are going to simply go off of numbers, we will shut this country down every flu season.

Anyone remember H1N1, those were actual numbers, not skewed for more funding or to make Trump look bad, and did we shut down the country?

40 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Yes it matters, very much.  If we are going to simply go off of numbers, we will shut this country down every flu season.

Anyone remember H1N1, those were actual numbers, not skewed for more funding or to make Trump look bad, and did we shut down the country?

The reporting of numbers, either actual or falsified, will not change the virus. I haven't seen anything about new mutations. It's still spreads as it did on day 1. Probably just as deadly too. Although I do think we were lied to about the projections by these so called experts.

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

First understand what I'm saying.   They are saying rapid rise in cases.   What they are doing is if one has it then they ask how many have they been in contact with.  If they say 40 then they are counting it as 41 cases NOT 1 like they should.   Now you see my point?   So, yes, it does matter if one wants the truth.

22 minutes ago, Reagan said:

First understand what I'm saying.   They are saying rapid rise in cases.   What they are doing is if one has it then they ask how many have they been in contact with.  If they say 40 then they are counting it as 41 cases NOT 1 like they should.   Now you see my point?   So, yes, it does matter if one wants the truth.

Yes I understand the count is being inflated. We want the truth. But with so many people spewing facts/fiction, who do we believe? If we believe the lies, and stay as safe as possible, we should survive this. If we fail to heed the warnings and continue to think that we are invincible, our time in this world may be shorter than expected. Life moves pretty fast. Don't blink, you just might miss it.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

The local health departments are counting confirmed tests results, not contacts. I don’t know what’s happening elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

My own feeling is this:  Whenever you reopen the country, be it last month, next month, October, or whenever, you are going to have a flurry of cases.  The virus will not disappear just because we have less contact with one another.

I think you've got a good point here. If anyone thought it was just going to disappear they were delusional.