School Lunches

Hagar

I understand the school lunch program.   It's a well intentioned one.   What I don't understand is, while watching them handing them out on the TV News, every SUV & car I see are much more expensive than anything I can afford.   For those of you that don't follow me, if the parents can afford a 30 to 40 thousand automobile, why is their child on a free lunch program?    Please feel free to enlighten me. 

53 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I understand the school lunch program.   It's a well intentioned one.   What I don't understand is, while watching them handing them out on the TV News, every SUV & car I see are much more expensive than anything I can afford.   For those of you that don't follow me, if the parents can afford a 30 to 40 thousand automobile, why is their child on a free lunch program?    Please feel free to enlighten me. 

It is for emergency times. They feed all kids. Best I can do. I do see your point.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I don't know, I'm with you

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We all know some people live beyond their means. But I believe you are seeing how much this epidemic has affected the high class as well as the poor. CV is blind to race, religion, and paycheck amount.

I agree. However, the effects will be harsher on the lower income sector for various reasons. I went and bought hand sanitizer Saturday at $5 for only 2 oz. Do you think a low or no income family will pay that? Nope, me neither. 

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree. However, the effects will be harsher on the lower income sector for various reasons. I went and bought hand sanitizer Saturday at $5 for only 2 oz. Do you think a low or no income family will pay that? Nope, me neither. 

Absolutely.  There is obvious price gouging, then there’s the subtle gouge.   Almost $10 for a large peanut butter which was about $7.  And the sanitizer, which I bought one your size for $4.   Best analogy, instead of sticking a knife in your heart, they pin-prick you to death.   Certainly rougher on lower income folks.  Still, I’m glad the stuff is available.