Swine Flu!

Reagan

So -- why all the drama over the Chi-Com Wuhan Flu?   Could it be political?

The CDC is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services

Swine Flu-The CDC estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and *12,469 deaths (0.02% fatality rate) in the United States.

This is the hidden content, please

For context, the CDC also list the below data:

Poison/Drug deaths - 62,399

Automobile wrecks - 37,999 

Death by fall - 37,455

Gun homicide - 13,958

(includes personal defense, police & murder)

Swine Flu deaths - 12,469

Alcohol related deaths 10,220

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

So -- why all the drama over the Chi-Com Wuhan Flu?   Could it be political?

The CDC is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services

Swine Flu-The CDC estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and *12,469 deaths (0.02% fatality rate) in the United States.

For context, the CDC also list the below data:

Poison/Drug deaths - 62,399

Automobile wrecks - 37,999 

Death by fall - 37,455

Gun homicide - 13,958

(includes personal defense, police & murder)

Swine Flu deaths - 12,469

Alcohol related deaths 10,220

Thank you for that. Thought I was alone with my thoughts. If they print t-shirts that say “I didn’t even get Covid-19”, think of how many millions of sales that would incur if everyone it applies to were purchase one.

Do I think Covid-19 is real?——-YES

Does Covid-19 kill people?—-YES

Do I think we should panic?———NO

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Thank you for that. Thought I was alone with my thoughts. If they print t-shirts that say “I didn’t even get Covid-19”, think of how many millions of sales that would incur if everyone it applies to were purchase one.

Do I think Covid-19 is real?——-YES

Does Covid-19 kill people?—-YES

Do I think we should panic?———NO

The difference is, is who the was back then.  The lame stream media had a vested interest in making a bad President look good as possible!

On 3/28/2020 at 4:03 PM, Reagan said:

The difference is, is who the was back then.  The lame stream media had a vested interest in making a bad President look good as possible!

I think this is very true. However I think coronavirus is allot more serious than Swine flu. If your stats are right we had 12 thousand American deaths from swine flu in one year, coronavirus has killed over 3 thousand Americans in a little over a month

On 3/31/2020 at 9:25 AM, Godzilla said:

I think this is very true. However I think coronavirus is allot more serious than Swine flu. If your stats are right we had 12 thousand American deaths from swine flu in one year, coronavirus has killed over 3 thousand Americans in a little over a month

It's over 4K as of this morning. 

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Don't know how accurate this is but I am hearing that whenever someone dies of something like a heart attack or diabetes but has presence of covid, covid is listed as cause of death.

I could see people doing that. I hope they are making sure the person was positive before listing them as a virus death. But if wishes were horses...

I am having to rethink this. I have taken a lackadaisical approach to this virus. My comparisons to the Swine flu were almost spot  on, so I didn’t see the need to panic. Actually, I never see the need to panic. However, with these new worst case scenarios released this morning on the possible deaths from Covid-19, I have to say it bothers me a bit. I will say the global numbers are skewed somewhere. I think it’s China. 

I want to apologize to anyone who thinks I played it down too much. It is some people’s form of release in an effort to keep sanity alive. If they predict an asteroid to hit the earth and destroy us all, I want it to land in my house. I won’t run if it is a certainty.That’s just me. I have said I changed nothing about my lifestyle. Actually, my lifestyle fits the protocol. I’m a homebody. When they closed the restaurant’s, that pretty much sheltered me in place, unless I need a top shelf margarita from Tia’s. 

@baddogI hope more people will reconsider the impacts that their actions. If you want to be lackadaisical, you have that right. Just be considerate of others that may be highly stressed.

For example, my boss walked up face to face to me this morning. I said "whoa man 6 feet." He didnt seem to care. Then got pissed when I turned and walked away. Wonder how he's gonna feel after he has a discussion with HR.

31 minutes ago, baddog said:

I am having to rethink this. I have taken a lackadaisical approach to this virus. My comparisons to the Swine flu were almost spot  on, so I didn’t see the need to panic. Actually, I never see the need to panic. However, with these new worst case scenarios released this morning on the possible deaths from Covid-19, I have to say it bothers me a bit. I will say the global numbers are skewed somewhere. I think it’s China. 

I want to apologize to anyone who thinks I played it down too much. It is some people’s form of release in an effort to keep sanity alive. If they predict an asteroid to hit the earth and destroy us all, I want it to land in my house. I won’t run if it is a certainty.That’s just me. I have said I changed nothing about my lifestyle. Actually, my lifestyle fits the protocol. I’m a homebody. When they closed the restaurant’s, that pretty much sheltered me in place, unless I need a top shelf margarita from Tia’s. 

No need to apologize @baddog. I don't think any of us wanted to believe it was going to get this crazy. 

14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

@baddogI hope more people will reconsider the impacts that their actions. If you want to be lackadaisical, you have that right. Just be considerate of others that may be highly stressed.

For example, my boss walked up face to face to me this morning. I said "whoa man 6 feet." He didnt seem to care. Then got pissed when I turned and walked away. Wonder how he's gonna feel after he has a discussion with HR.

Whoa, that guy needs to wake up. Stay safe @WOSdrummer99

43 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I get lots of strange looks at work because I work outside and have to make frequent trips to the office. It bothers me because what makes them think they won’t give it to me? Oh well, life goes on.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

I think China has severely under-reported their Covid deaths. There are so many people in China, I’m not sure they even have papers showing their existence. I think it all comes down to saving face, even if you have to lie.

Yeah I don't believe they only had 3500 deaths.