If..

navydawg31

Schools are cancelled for the rest of the year... I hope UIL will allow the fall camps to start earlier than years past. Saying 2-3 weeks extra to condition... just my honest opinion. I feel for all the schools with new head coaches to start their system and teaching these kids their philosophy on the game. 

43 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Schools are cancelled for the rest of the year... I hope UIL will allow the fall camps to start earlier than years past. Saying 2-3 weeks extra to condition... just my honest opinion. I feel for all the schools with new head coaches to start their system and teaching these kids their philosophy on the game. 

I haven't seen where they're officially closed for the rest of the year... do you have a source?

4 hours ago, NetCat said:

Depends on the next 2 weeks I think. If it gets better we've got a shot at going back, but if it stays the same or gets worse I think we're done for the year. I think an extra 2-3 weeks would be great. 

I’m wondering if they’ll push the schools into making some of this time up over the summer. 

I am not going to be shocked if they " call it" for the year. Little early, but it is coming. No STAAR Test, no TEA letter grades for school districts this year, some ISDs going to Pass/Fail for grades, we're done. If we come back in May, we have what, 15-20 days of school left for the year, it'd be a battle to get the kids to do anything.....It's time to call it. See if we can get it going in the Fall, and in truth, we might still be in a limbo.

I feel for the Seniors...No prom, probably no graduation, trip, picnic.....My son graduates from UT-Austin this year and no convocations/commencement. I'm not going to tell you Mom and Dad are a little disappointed....