Share Helpful Info to Get By.

Hagar

Went to Lowe’s today to get some supplies to fix the back of my barn. Everyone in the store looks at you like you are contaminated. I found myself thinking that most of those staring at me, or giving me funny looks, until a couple weeks ago, hadn’t even known what a virus is. Does anyone even realize that these hand sanitizers only work on bacteria? Ok, my rant for today.

41 minutes ago, baddog said:

Went to Lowe’s today to get some supplies to fix the back of my barn. Everyone in the store looks at you like you are contaminated. I found myself thinking that most of those staring at me, or giving me funny looks, until a couple weeks ago, hadn’t even known what a virus is. Does anyone even realize that these hand sanitizers only work on bacteria? Ok, my rant for today.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if fixing your barn should be a priority.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Sorry, but I'm not sure if fixing your barn should be a priority.

Probably only to me. Lots of people buying deck supplies....4x4 treated, 2x6 treated, 5/4 treated, sacrete. Something to do instead of sitting in the house. Police outside of store going in. Didn’t ask me why I was there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, baddog said:

Here’s some handy advice.

All we have to do is go ask our moms if “slap me into next year” is still on the table.

Amen!   After listening to this gloom & doom for about a month & a half, I’ve about come to a conclusion.   You’ll be in your house for a year, or you can go out, catch this 💩 and get well so you’re probably immuned, or die.   

For instance, I have high cholesterol.  Dr’s say I should cut down my meat & egg consumption.  But wait, there’s one other thing in the equation, quality of life.  Do I want to do without meat & eggs so I can live to be 90 and die of Alzheimer’s?   Nope.   I don’t have that many good years left.  Do I want to spend a year just sitting here?   I’m already beginning to wonder.   Just wondering out loud.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Amen!   After listening to this gloom & doom for about a month & a half, I’ve about come to a conclusion.   You’ll be in your house for a year, or you can go out, catch this 💩 and get well so you’re probably immuned, or die.   

For instance, I have high cholesterol.  Dr’s say I should cut down my meat & egg consumption.  But wait, there’s one other thing in the equation, quality of life.  Do I want to do without meat & eggs so I can live to be 90 and die of Alzheimer’s?   Nope.   I don’t have that many good years left.  Do I want to spend a year just sitting here?   I’m already beginning to wonder.   Just wondering out loud.

I told my wife that if the doctors told me I have terminal cancer and about 6 minths to a year to live, she should go buy about 20 cartons of Marlboro reds. Told that to a friend of mine and he said, “What, and make it worse?” I said, “What could be worse?”

For those of you who still like to eat out, even though it’s order on line, Pine Tree Lodge is open again. They have been closed since Harvey. I got the fried catfish, fries, red beans and rice, and a side of cream gravy to dip my fries. They also now serve liquor by the drink. I got a margarita. It was great.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

For those of you who still like to eat out, even though it’s order on line, Pine Tree Lodge is open again. They have been closed since Harvey. I got the fried catfish, fries, red beans and rice, and a side of cream gravy to dip my fries. They also now serve liquor by the drink. I got a margarita. It was great.

Oh yeah, you're lucky. I haven't been there in about 10 years. Last time, gator country was out filming for their show, Gator 911.

• 4 weeks later...

So...with the recent economic downturn and loss of wages, I have found myself in a predicament. I have a 20’ Skeeter Bay Boat I’m in the middle of rewiring. New gauges, fuse panel, etc. I was in the middle of this project when I realized I don’t know what the luck I’m doing. Decided to get a shop to finish. Then the roof fell in. Still have a job with considerable loss in wages. Looking for someone who charges much less than the boat repair shop to “help” me finish. Any ideas?

On 5/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, SmashMouth said:

So...with the recent economic downturn and loss of wages, I have found myself in a predicament. I have a 20’ Skeeter Bay Boat I’m in the middle of rewiring. New gauges, fuse panel, etc. I was in the middle of this project when I realized I don’t know what the luck I’m doing. Decided to get a shop to finish. Then the roof fell in. Still have a job with considerable loss in wages. Looking for someone who charges much less than the boat repair shop to “help” me finish. Any ideas?

Man, it would have to be wiring. I’m not much help there. Got rid of my boat. Got tired of throwing money at it. lol

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Man, it would have to be wiring. I’m not much help there. Got rid of my boat. Got tired of throwing money at it. lol

Lol. You may be quite a bit smarter than me. I can’t seem to get it through my thick skull that paying a guide to take me fishing is a helluva lot cheaper than owning/maintaining a boat. Thx. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, SmashMouth said:

Lol. You may be quite a bit smarter than me. I can’t seem to get it through my thick skull that paying a guide to take me fishing is a helluva lot cheaper than owning/maintaining a boat. Thx. 

Not sure about the being smarter, but it just got frustrating. If you don’t fish pretty regularly, there is always a surprise in store when you do decide to go...... boat tags are out, trailer tags are out, flat on the trailer, dead batteries that won’t charge, trailer light out, you name it. Of course I’m not telling you something you don’t already know, but add all of that to the fact that I did more work at the camp than I would have had I stayed home, didn’t leave much time for fishing. 
My BIL goes fishing with a friend and brings me all his white perch and specs. He doesn’t eat fish, so I still get to enjoy the dining side. lol

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Not sure about the being smarter, but it just got frustrating. If you don’t fish pretty regularly, there is always a surprise in store when you do decide to go...... boat tags are out, trailer tags are out, flat on the trailer, dead batteries that won’t charge, trailer light out, you name it. Of course I’m not telling you something you don’t already know, but add all of that to the fact that I did more work at the camp than I would have had I stayed home, didn’t leave much time for fishing. 
My BIL goes fishing with a friend and brings me all his white perch and specs. He doesn’t eat fish, so I still get to enjoy the dining side. lol

Now that’s a helluva deal!

Just an observation.   TNT has a new series called Snowpiecer.   Earth is frozen over & only living things on earth are in a Train going on a long continuous track. Mostly just the rich on it, but the dredges of society ended up in the last car.  After being mostly confined at home for a couple of months, I’m pretty sure them folks would’ve gone crazy & killed each other before a year was out.