UIL Suspends Activities Until May 4

37 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

If no coach is involved.  No UIL infraction.  If it ever attempted to stop something such as this, lawsuit!  The UIL is a governing body, not government. 

Private citizens doing something they choose to do, like these young ladies.  Oh, how dare they?

It does break the county wide ordinance of no gatherings of 10 or more.

10 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

All information you all stated after my post is accurate.  The UIL's status and governance with regards to this is what I was referencing.  

there is also a big difference when a few kids getting together to hit and when the whole team shows up and runs a school type practice.

4 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

I see nothing wrong with it. I see good team leaders. 

In any other time, I would agree.  I respect young men and women wanting to stay sharp and not sitting around is definitely one way to do it. 

However, this is not football players getting out and working out during summer vacation instead of sitting on the couch, drinking yoohoos and eating moonpies (folks from WO-S understand this).  These are school and county officials that are closing things and setting limits on meeting for the safety of these students and other members of their community.

The 24 hour curfew for those below 18 that was instituted by County Judges Brannick, McDaniel, Gotha and others was put in place after school officials went to these county officials and expressed their fear of students congregating in a park setting that would circumvent the social distancing that the schools were attempting to achieve with their closures.  They didn't differentiate between kids just hanging out or conducting sports practice, no matter how structured.

Yes, leaders make sure that their teammates are not slacking off.  However, leaders also follow the law.

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

In any other time, I would agree.  I respect young men and women wanting to stay sharp and not sitting around is definitely one way to do it. 

However, this is not football players getting out and working out during summer vacation instead of sitting on the couch, drinking yoohoos and eating moonpies (folks from WO-S understand this).  These are school and county officials that are closing things and setting limits on meeting for the safety of these students and other members of their community.

The 24 hour curfew for those below 18 that was instituted by County Judges Brannick, McDaniel, Gotha and others was put in place after school officials went to these county officials and expressed their fear of students congregating in a park setting that would circumvent the social distancing that the schools were attempting to achieve with their closures.  They didn't differentiate between kids just hanging out or conducting sports practice, no matter how structured.

Yes, leaders make sure that their teammates are not slacking off.  However, leaders also follow the law.

Also this is killing me!

🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Thank you, people are not taking this seriously enough. 

I’m going to assume, due to your comments, you feel they are cheating in some form. (If that is not the case then I apologize for assuming)  What exactly are they doing wrong? The UIL said no practices. If the coaches are not there, I see a team doing work on their own. What is wrong with that?

35 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I’m going to assume, due to your comments, you feel they are cheating in some form. (If that is not the case then I apologize for assuming)  What exactly are they doing wrong? The UIL said no practices. If the coaches are not there, I see a team doing work on their own. What is wrong with that?

With regards to the UIL, these impromptu practices do not violate their edict against school practices.