10-4A-1 Who wins it.

Hagar

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Looking forward to seeing all the previews posted so we can see how many starters returning from each team.  HH only has 5, but I think they’ll be better than that indicates.

Good point. All things being equal, the big difference is BC leaving and Vidor coming in. From all the chatter, Vidor is expected to sweep the district, which would look something like:

Vidor, HH, Lumberton, LC-M

But who knows. These are teenaged boys! 

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Good point. All things being equal, the big difference is BC leaving and Vidor coming in. From all the chatter, Vidor is expected to sweep the district, which would look something like:

Vidor, HH, Lumberton, LC-M

But who knows. These are teenaged boys! 

You never know when Lumberton and Vidor play! Always good games

7 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

You never know when Lumberton and Vidor play! Always good games

Word on the street is that after every Lumberton loss this season the UIL and TASO will be bombarded with phone calls yet again, any truth to that? 

On 7/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, Mytwocents3788 said:

Honestly I see it this way. Boykin is gonna do his thing. And Lumberton always seems to give us tough games no matter what their record is. Hh is gonna do its thing but I see them being 3rd. I see the number 1 spot being decided in the Vidor Lumberton game. Boykin vs conn and root. Gonna be good for sure. I know Vincent is looking forward to introducing himself to Boykin. (Old school reference for all y’all age challenged folks)

Boykin  HaHa

1 hour ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Boykin  HaHa

I’m not commenting one way or another on his skills, but no need to call out a kid like that on here. Talking bad about the team as a whole or their coaching is one thing, but c’mon man, don’t act like a punk. 

On 7/7/2020 at 3:59 PM, SmashMouth said:

I’m not commenting one way or another on his skills, but no need to call out a kid like that on here. Talking bad about the team as a whole or their coaching is one thing, but c’mon man, don’t act like a punk. 

No disrespect, I have watched him play since he was little.  He just cracks me up with his on field antics.  Very good athlete.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:05 PM, Hagar said:

Understand, “good” is a relative term.   They were 8-4, and I think they were second in District, losing to HH & Splendora so 3-2, tied with LCM, who Ltown beat in OT.  And when I said good, I was merely referring to teams in that District.

Looking forward to seeing all the previews posted so we can see how many starters returning from each team.  HH only has 5, but I think they’ll be better than that indicates.

It will be interesting to see how different the HH team is this year.  More athletic at QB, younger RB, smaller O-line.  Lost a lot of experience on D-Line.  

Praying for a season.  

On 7/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, SmashMouth said:

You right. 

On 7/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, texbuzz said:

Praying for a season.  

It's on, I still say Vidor wins it.

With preseason games against Silsbee and Jasper for both Vidor and now Lumberton due to schedule changes. We will get a good chance to see how these teams compete against some good 4A-D2 programs.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Certainly it exists. So does influenza and hosts of other diseases that are deadly. Your point? Let’s keep this about the topic. We can handle Doomsday elsewhere. 

I've never seen the flu shut down all organized sports.