10-4A-1 Who wins it.

Hagar

8 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

My son plays too. It's senior year and I'm letting him play. I'm well aware of the violence of the sport. When I was a reporter a long time ago I saw some gruesome injuries at all levels of the game.

If you ask the coaches and players, of course they say they want to play, probably 95 percent of the times.

The question really should be should we play, and that decision probably shouldn't rest with coaches and players but with objective health officials.

MLB is in a pickle now because the Phils and Marlins said they were both fine playing even though Miami disclosed that they had players with COVID. Now the players say they regret the decision, 70 percent of the Marlins are infected and the number keeps going up, Philly is waiting on results, the Yankees wanted no parts of sitting the the visitor dugout at Philly. it's a complete you know what show.

We're asking a lot of our coaches (and teachers). Most of the coaches at Livingston are older gentleman and they are doing their best to stay safe and keep the kids safe.  I'm sure it's the same at every school. I don't think they should have to choose between doing the job they love and their mortality.

Silsbee has issues a week before camp opens. and they unfortunately won't be the last team to have this issue. I'd rather postpone and just play district games instead of wasting what health we have over meaningless non district games. And if we postpone, maybe we can stop the upward curve.

Non district games are not meaningless at all. Ask ANY coach. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Non district games are not meaningless at all. Ask ANY coach. 

they are meaningless in that it has nothing to do with making the playoffs. if we get through non district but district is cancelled, the season was for naught.

Besides, the last two years, Silsbee looked like trash in non district and ended up a few play away from playing at ATT Stadium. 

Save our health for district and playoffs.

better yet move it all to the spring.

13 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

My son plays too. It's senior year and I'm letting him play. I'm well aware of the violence of the sport. When I was a reporter a long time ago I saw some gruesome injuries at all levels of the game.

If you ask the coaches and players, of course they say they want to play, probably 95 percent of the times.

The question really should be should we play, and that decision probably shouldn't rest with coaches and players but with objective health officials.

MLB is in a pickle now because the Phils and Marlins said they were both fine playing even though Miami disclosed that they had players with COVID. Now the players say they regret the decision, 70 percent of the Marlins are infected and the number keeps going up, Philly is waiting on results, the Yankees wanted no parts of sitting the the visitor dugout at Philly. it's a complete you know what show.

We're asking a lot of our coaches (and teachers). Most of the coaches at Livingston are older gentleman and they are doing their best to stay safe and keep the kids safe.  I'm sure it's the same at every school. I don't think they should have to choose between doing the job they love and their mortality.

Silsbee has issues a week before camp opens. and they unfortunately won't be the last team to have this issue. I'd rather postpone and just play district games instead of wasting what health we have over meaningless non district games. And if we postpone, maybe we can stop the upward curve.

You lost me at OBJECTIVE HEALTH OFFICIALS. 

34 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

if you're talking about that lady who say sex with demons is bad, I'm with you.

No, I am talking about Doctors that have been silenced since this started in March. Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc, and Zithromax. My mother in law tested positive. She took the prescribed above. Boom! Knocked it out. She doing great. She’s 76 years old with underlining health issues. Like I’ve said before, we are being played on so many levels. I know the virus is real but you can’t shut down 97% of the population to protect 3% of the population. The people that are vulnerable know who they are. It’s a respiratory virus not the bubonic plague. Reports are that this virus was genetically altered to make it more contagious via China. 

17 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Then don’t work. Should they also not drive to work? Could die in a car wreck. My great uncle Duncan choked to death on a cheese sandwich. Guess he should’ve given up food. 

People’s fear and logic boggles my mind. It’s that fear and logic that has crushed this country economically! We will not have a country left if people don’t wake up! Thank You Smashmouth for that refreshing analogy! 

59 minutes ago, Realville said:

No, I am talking about Doctors that have been silenced since this started in March. Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc, and Zithromax. My mother in law tested positive. She took the prescribed above. Boom! Knocked it out. She doing great. She’s 76 years old with underlining health issues. Like I’ve said before, we are being played on so many levels. I know the virus is real but you can’t shut down 97% of the population to protect 3% of the population. The people that are vulnerable know who they are. It’s a respiratory virus not the bubonic plague. Reports are that this virus was genetically altered to make it more contagious via China. 

Glad your family is ok. 

You know that 3 percent of our population is 10 million people? That's everyone in greater Houston, Beaumont and all of Louisiana, gone. 

We shouldn't be good with that. I'm not.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Then don’t work. Should they also not drive to work? Could die in a car wreck. My great uncle Duncan choked to death on a cheese sandwich. Guess he should’ve given up food. 

That's messed up. RIP Uncle Dunc!

I hope y'all all know the Heimlich manuver now so tragedy doesn't repeat itself. it also helps if you chew your food slowly instead of scarfing it down.

Really, what is so bad about waiting? What's the downside? if we start as we plan on now, we are not finishing the season. no way all our teams are staying covid free. 

5 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Glad your family is ok. 

You know that 3 percent of our population is 10 million people? That's everyone in greater Houston, Beaumont and all of Louisiana, gone. 

We shouldn't be good with that. I'm not.

The 3 percent that are vulnerable do not live on top of each other. They are spread out across America which includes Alaska and Hawaii. If your not good with that then stay home as long as you want. 

2 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

That's messed up. RIP Uncle Dunc!

I hope y'all all know the Heimlich manuver now so tragedy doesn't repeat itself. it also helps if you chew your food slowly instead of scarfing it down.

Really, what is so bad about waiting? What's the downside? if we start as we plan on now, we are not finishing the season. no way all our teams are staying covid free. 

Well it’s day 136 of 15 days to flatten the curve.

Just now, Realville said:

The 3 percent that are vulnerable do not live on top of each other. They are spread out across America which includes Alaska and Hawaii. If your not good with that then stay home as long as you want. 

I stayed at home. if everyone else did, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

And whether they are all together or spread out, that's too big of a cost to pay because you feel inconvenienced.

10 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I stayed at home. if everyone else did, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

And whether they are all together or spread out, that's too big of a cost to pay because you feel inconvenienced.

I didn’t stay home an we’re still having this conversation. You do what’s best for your family  an let free minded people that are informed self govern themselves. Believe me, I know the numbers.

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

I didn’t stay home an we’re still having this conversation. You do what’s best for your family  an let free minded people that are informed self govern themselves. Believe me, I know the numbers.

Exactly. Go back and read what I said.

You, along with other liked minded rugged individual free thinkers, not staying at home is why we're here. No one likes staying at home and quarantining. 

At a certain point, when are we going to sacrifice for the greater good and look out for our fellow man? I already know your answer. it never.

5 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

You, along with other liked minded rugged individual free thinkers, not staying at home is why we're here. No one likes staying at home and quarantining. 

At a certain point, when are we going to sacrifice for the greater good and look out for our fellow man? I already know your answer. it never.

Stay home! Sorry buddy I can’t help you. 

I certainly don’t know whether the whole season will get played.   Based on info available, I think kids are less likely to be affected than MLB players.   

I will address the, “let’s wait” suggestion.   Wait for District?   Wait for spring?  I think it should be obvious that this thing isn’t going away for several years.   Only about 5% of the population has had it, and that’s counting those asymtomatic cases based on a Stanford study.   Heat doesn’t kill it.  Cold doesn’t either.   This is not a short term thing.  It’s a long row to hoe.   Only question is, do we remain in our homes for X amount of years, or let those most likely least affected go on with their lives.   Channel 6 shows 49 deaths, and all but one had underlying issues.   The healthy can beat it.   Those like me, 75 and type 2 diabetes, should be very careful.

45 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Are you a business owner that is suffering or are you still drawing a check?