10-4A-1 Who wins it.

Hagar

6 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Damn, Silsbee is dealing with the virus, per KFDM.

And camp begins next week...

hope the kids get better.

How are they going to start if they all have to quarantine for 2 weeks? 

24 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Damn, Silsbee is dealing with the virus, per KFDM.

And camp begins next week...

hope the kids get better.

17 minutes ago, NetCat said:

How are they going to start if they all have to quarantine for 2 weeks? 

Silsbee athletics staff member tests positive for coronavirus

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not bugging. I’m just happy that no matter what’s decided, our kids will be just fine...if you’re basing anything on science and not emotion. 

I'm actually looking at the numbers. This disease, per the scientists, is 20 times deadlier than the normal flu. And, if we're not careful, we're going to lose more than 200k of our fellow citizens before the end of the year. This is tragic.

Additionally, it's harder on our elders. Take a look on the sidelines and you'll notice we have a lot of wisdom guiding our kids. I'd hate to lose a coach over us wanting to play a game before it's safe. I'd hate for anyone to lose a child because we're playing a game.

These are not unreasonable concerns, no matter how many smug, condescending remarks you make toward me pointing this out. If anyone is emotional, it's you. 

2 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I'm actually looking at the numbers. This disease, per the scientists, is 20 times deadlier than the normal flu. And, if we're not careful, we're going to lose more than 200k of our fellow citizens before the end of the year. This is tragic.

Additionally, it's harder on our elders. Take a look on the sidelines and you'll notice we have a lot of wisdom guiding our kids. I'd hate to lose a coach over us wanting to play a game before it's safe. I'd hate for anyone to lose a child because we're playing a game.

These are not unreasonable concerns, no matter how many smug, condescending remarks you make toward me pointing this out. If anyone is emotional, it's you. 

I’m sorry Mr. Pride. I’m not being smug or condescending. To keep this on topic, I think the district shakes out like this:

1. Vidor, 2. Huffman or Lumberton, 3. Lumberton or Huffman, 4. LC-M

I think Huffman lost some street credit due to the virus’s affect on their schedule. I talked to over 1/2 a dozen of coaches who claim that the detrimental loss of play potentially outweighs the gain from a more rested and healthy team.

Now, on that note, football is a violent sport. It just is. Our kids, and I say “our” because I have a son that plays, are more at risk of serious injury due to the game than they are of becoming gravely sick from the virus.

If a coach isn’t healthy, maybe he should sideline himself for the season, so he doesn’t become seriously ill. If Mee Maw and Pee Paw are scared for their safety, maybe they should stay distanced from their family players. They should be anyway. Not playing football does not mean these kids won’t be socially exposed.

Most importantly, Science (from all sides) tells us the kids simply aren’t at risk. Instead of shutting it all down, remove the major threats (elderly, sickly) from the equation and let everyone else decide for themselves. Don’t punish the many for the very few. That’s all I’m saying. No disrespect. I just think that “the sky is falling” mentality is hurting everyone.

I really like Vidor in this district, but GO RAIDERS!

10 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

As much as I love football if this virus isn’t under control at all by football season Raidergirl won’t be in attendance after seeing my great aunt struggling for the last 2 weeks and getting worse with it

Hope she gets better. 

So is Splendora not going to be able to play in this district?  Didnt they beat Lumberton the last two seasons or is Lumberton going to be that much better this year?  Sounds like Vidor and Huffman will be the game for District Title!

Update on my great aunt. They called my great uncle at 4:30 this morning and told him they are going to have intubate her. She is stable for now is what the doctors have said right now. She is such a huge piece of my heart. Please keep not just her but my great uncle in your prayers he never ask for prayers for himself but he did this morning this is definitely taking a toll on him.

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Update on my great aunt. They called my great uncle at 4:30 this morning and told him they are going to have intubate her. She is stable for now is what the doctors have said right now. She is such a huge piece of my heart. Please keep not just her but my great uncle in your prayers he never ask for prayers for himself but he did this morning this is definitely taking a toll on him.

Dear Lord, if it is Your will, please answer this plea for help for the sick aunt and her husband, and please give patience and peace to their loved ones who so desperately need it. In Jesus’s name we pray, Amen 

On 7/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, SmashMouth said:

I’m sorry Mr. Pride. I’m not being smug or condescending. To keep this on topic, I think the district shakes out like this:

1. Vidor, 2. Huffman or Lumberton, 3. Lumberton or Huffman, 4. LC-M

I think Huffman lost some street credit due to the virus’s affect on their schedule. I talked to over 1/2 a dozen of coaches who claim that the detrimental loss of play potentially outweighs the gain from a more rested and healthy team.

Now, on that note, football is a violent sport. It just is. Our kids, and I say “our” because I have a son that plays, are more at risk of serious injury due to the game than they are of becoming gravely sick from the virus.

If a coach isn’t healthy, maybe he should sideline himself for the season, so he doesn’t become seriously ill. If Mee Maw and Pee Paw are scared for their safety, maybe they should stay distanced from their family players. They should be anyway. Not playing football does not mean these kids won’t be socially exposed.

Most importantly, Science (from all sides) tells us the kids simply aren’t at risk. Instead of shutting it all down, remove the major threats (elderly, sickly) from the equation and let everyone else decide for themselves. Don’t punish the many for the very few. That’s all I’m saying. No disrespect. I just think that “the sky is falling” mentality is hurting everyone.

I really like Vidor in this district, but GO RAIDERS!

My son plays too. It's senior year and I'm letting him play. I'm well aware of the violence of the sport. When I was a reporter a long time ago I saw some gruesome injuries at all levels of the game.

If you ask the coaches and players, of course they say they want to play, probably 95 percent of the times.

The question really should be should we play, and that decision probably shouldn't rest with coaches and players but with objective health officials.

MLB is in a pickle now because the Phils and Marlins said they were both fine playing even though Miami disclosed that they had players with COVID. Now the players say they regret the decision, 70 percent of the Marlins are infected and the number keeps going up, Philly is waiting on results, the Yankees wanted no parts of sitting the the visitor dugout at Philly. it's a complete you know what show.

We're asking a lot of our coaches (and teachers). Most of the coaches at Livingston are older gentleman and they are doing their best to stay safe and keep the kids safe.  I'm sure it's the same at every school. I don't think they should have to choose between doing the job they love and their mortality.

Silsbee has issues a week before camp opens. and they unfortunately won't be the last team to have this issue. I'd rather postpone and just play district games instead of wasting what health we have over meaningless non district games. And if we postpone, maybe we can stop the upward curve.

bLivingston pushed school opening back a week. I saw Nederland push their start to the end of August. 

MLB will probably be over by the end of the weekend.

I'm less convinced this season is happening, unless it's moved to the spring. if baseball, which has billions on the line, a comprehensive plan for staying safe, the best doctors, travel accommodations, etc, can't make it outside a bubble, I don't think a 10 game HS season is going to make it.